Sale Calf Pictures (added one more again) Update

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

Just got this new picture of a heifer we have in the sale
She is a May StoutxSonny
Simmi heifer is a 3C Macho x Gold Mine Band Wagon  (march 16th)  7/8 registered as High Percentage
Shorthorn steer is a Winston x major impact
Steer is a Full Draft x Cigar

the all red heifer is a faultless major impact, can be double registered as appendix or Low Maine

Attachments

• Miss Piggy (2).jpg
    Miss Piggy (2).jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,354
  • Macho.jpg
    Macho.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,180
  • Winston webpage copy.jpg
    Winston webpage copy.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,181
  • fulldraftcigar1.jpeg
    fulldraftcigar1.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,159
  • Faultless%20heifer%20web%20page.jpg
    Faultless%20heifer%20web%20page.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 933

feeder duck

I hear they have a Wild Side or two in the sale and I hope that is one of them!!!!!!

Jeff

doubled

Thanks for the nice comments guys, there are more pictures coming, just need to get them, the heifer is a Stout.  Although the wildsides are looking good,
Jeff the guys are impressed with the calves from him.  In the next couple of days more pictures will be available on the website also, but I will try and post
them here too. 

doubled

Just decided to add one more picture
please PM me for the base prices
the kids also have their website updated and will probably update with new pictures at at least once a week if not more often as the calves develop and change
and we get new pictures

bcosu

which stout is she out of? i know there is an old one from back in the 80s/90s

doubled

cbcfarms said:
which stout is she out of? i know there is an old one from back in the 80s/90s

I actually do not know, she came from a herd that raises shorthorns, and of course we have not registered her as we will do that for the person
that buys her, I will ask the guys to find out for sure, all I knew was stout, that mamma was a sonny and she is a May heifer.  Sorry I did not know, I wasnt smart enough
to ask that of the guys as personally I never heard of Stout.  Oh by the way base price on her is 1700

CPL

Those are some very nice calves for a great offering. I hope you guys have a great sale!

doubled

gosh got another picture, maybe I should stop adding pictures here and just put the website???

doubled

http://www.showsteers.com/DoubleDShowCattle/Sale.htm

We welcome everyone to come and look the guys are trying really hard and have a good set of cattle.
I dont think anyone would be disappointed.

doubled

inthebarnagain said:
Love the picture of the Faultless heifer.  Have a few of those myself, 2 year-olds that are awesome mommas

Thanks she is a sweetie too, disposition is great

inthebarnagain

justamom said:
inthebarnagain said:
Love the picture of the Faultless heifer.  Have a few of those myself, 2 year-olds that are awesome mommas

Thanks she is a sweetie too, disposition is great

He is a big puppy.  When my daughter was 8 she was over at the North American and had him practically leaning over her because she had found his sweet spot on his shoulder.  He was pushing a ton at that time. 

Throttle

I'm hoping to talk to someone who has been or will be going through this set. I have one in particular that I am interested in and would like to talk to people that have seen them. If any of you fit the category, please PM me. I'm not gonna be back out that way until closer to the later Oct sales in the Chariton area. I'm gonna try to send a buddy that way, but would love some more opinions. Thanks!  :)

doubled

I found out more breeding information on the Shorthorn Heifer (Miss Piggy)
she can be registered purebred shorthorn her daddy is Stout - he is 7/8 shorthorn his daddy was Just Right and he is out of DMCC Limited Edition
her mamma is an Bottomline which is out of Petro II  (wildside is related on this line I believe)

feeder duck

Bottomline is a Petro 2 son bred by Stepping Stone Ranch in Kansas ( Great People Ron and Shirley). Bottomline is Wild Side's Gand daddy. Sounds like a cool outcross pedigree.

Jeff

doubled

feeder duck said:
Bottomline is a Petro 2 son bred by Stepping Stone Ranch in Kansas ( Great People Ron and Shirley). Bottomline is Wild Side's Gand daddy. Sounds like a cool outcross pedigree.

Jeff

I tried to do some research but it was hard to find out about the Petro bull did not find a picture of him but did find the just right bull picture he actually has maine in him,
its interesting to follow the genetics of some of these cattle and how intertwined they are, yeah  bottomline must have been good too, cool.
No wonder she is pretty good, has nice genetics to her, thanks for the info, I know we have had alot of people ask about the Stout bull and we finally got ahold of the
breeder today and talked to him at length about her genetics. 

feeder duck

Petro 2 was own by Joe Farris in Oklahoma. As a kid and til this day admire his breeding program.

Jeff