Sullivan's Sale Results

Help Support Steer Planet:

sue

FYI-

If you're interested in exporting semen to canada. Grant Alexander/Horseshoe may be the perfect partner and or consultant. Details in distribution get a little sticky in Canada... you need a contact and or distributor.

frostback

Ya know JA, if you put as much research and effort into your own herd, as you do with this 4 year old jealous vendetta, you may get something worth selling. Hows your new breed doing?

knabe

frostback said:
Ya know JA, if you put as much research and effort into your own herd, as you do with this 4 year old jealous vendetta, you may get something worth selling. Hows your new breed doing?

if one runs down other's stock, doesn't that by default make one's own better with less work?

aj

Why are these investors above the law? Its a simple question. Sounds like he worked over a what.....a couple senile cancerous people? Sue you have sold out for money. I love you promoter types who never actually own cattle.

hamburgman

So if a syndicate has 25% of the people become ill it isn't a viable syndicate? Also if you buy a bull and don't turn it out with the cows keep but keep it around as a backup is that tax deductible? 

Pleasant Grove Farms

aj, are you Canadian?
is that why you are so concerned about the Canadian tax laws?

as I said in my post before, just because a bull doesn't have progeny early on isn't a reason to think something is going on "under the table"....
it has all been explained in way more detail and way more politely than I would have
ever had the grace and patience to do for you.

why don't you attend to your own business?

aj

I wanted out out of this deal. I really don't care about the show ring peoples shanaigans. Good ole jammie diamond challanged me. I will not back down. Nixon lost his presidency cause they wouldn't let dead dogs die. Good ole jammie just had to get in the last. I really feel sorry for you people. Its kinda sad you rate your life on what color ribbon you win at the picknick.

trevorgreycattleco

JIT, did you pay 2500 to keep a share of your bull? I never heard of that before. I either sell all of the bull or keep a interest but I have never paid to keep a interest in my bull.
I have no dog in this fight. Just curious.

As long as your bulls work for your cowherd, does it matter if you ever sell one for 20k? If I ever sold one for that, I wouldnt complain but I sure would do a dance and prey he doesnt flop.

aj

So inother words.....did JIT write a check for 2500$ to keep an equal share of a bull he hasn't sold yet? That kinda interesting.Hmmmmn

aj

Hamburgman.....I just read you comment. Why would keep a 20,000$ bull for a backup? Just trying to learn. Thanks in advance.

justintime

aj said:
Why are these investors above the law? Its a simple question. Sounds like he worked over a what.....a couple senile cancerous people? Sue you have sold out for money. I love you promoter types who never actually own cattle.

aj... again you have stepped way over the line, by making fun of good people's misfortune and health problems. You don't even know these people and you make light of their circumstances. In regards to your new found concern over Canadian tax issues, if you weren't so obnoxious, it would almost be funny. I'm not sure if the IRS  checks to see if you have used every herd bull you own or not, but here in Canada, a person could buy several herd bulls and use it as a legitamite tax deduction. I don't see what is different with several people buying a bull together, or filling several hopper bins with fertilizer before year end. In any event this discussion is really getting stupid... er. If this is the biggest issue you need to worry about, and you live a very isolated life.

Oh, by the way, in Canada both Alpacas and race horses are tax deductible.

justintime

trevorgreycattleco said:
JIT, did you pay 2500 to keep a share of your bull? I never heard of that before. I either sell all of the bull or keep a interest but I have never paid to keep a interest in my bull.
I have no dog in this fight. Just curious.

As long as your bulls work for your cowherd, does it matter if you ever sell one for 20k? If I ever sold one for that, I wouldnt complain but I sure would do a dance and prey he doesnt flop.

Yes, I actually paid the $2500 to the sale manager, and all the sale commissions were deducted and I recieved the balance back. That was the way the sale manager wanted to handle it. Again, why is that anyone's concern?

aj

Good point.....however fertilizer is a commodity. A 20,000$ bull is considered VENTURE CAPITAL. There is a hell of a difference in the two. That is a pretty black and white deal.

aj

JIT...................the 2500$ you paid to the sale manager........was it Canadian dollars or USA dollars?

aj

But.......if the timeline bull had an asterisk.......would that make a difference under tax law?

aj

After further thought .......i am owed an apology from frosbite and jamie.........if JIT payed 2500 for his own bull that makes the bull 17,500$. The 20,000 was bad information if not a problem with the truth in advertising agency. Jamie......you must be so proud of yourself.