Summer recipes

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I thought this would be fun since we're into the grilling, fresh veggies & fresh fruit like strawberries season. Any good recipes you'd like to share for summertime?

Sweet Shortbread With Fresh Strawberries
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
16 ounces fresh strawberries, washed, stemmed and sliced
Preheat oven to 275°F (80°C).
Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in almond extract. Gradually add flour in 3 stages until well combined.
Spread dough in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan or large tart pan. Bake until pale golden in color, about 1 hour.
Serve warm with fresh strawberries, ice cream and chocolate sauce, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.

Davis Shorthorns

my personal favorite is still when you can get fresh blueberries.  First you find a bunch of fresh blueberries then you pick them and then you eat them right there in the field.  You just cant beat that.  ;)

inthebarnagain

And blackberries.  Our farm that we are in the process of buying is covered with them.  Last years freeze and drought did them in for last summer but I can already see them growing.  COBBLER!!!!!  Yeah!!!

red

or blackberry crisp! Yummy!!!!
I like to make blueberry pancakes too. Mix some cream cheese w/ powered suger & then layer between the blueberry pancakes. wow!

With all the foods I like & make it's hard to believe I have trouble gaining weight!

Red

red

here's another one:

Fruit Salad Pizza
1 tub sugar cookie dough
1- 8 oz cream cheese softened
1/2 cup powered sugar
1 -12oz container of cool Whip
fesh or canned fruit: cherries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, bananas,peaches, kiwi, etc...
Spread cookie dough onto a round cookie sheet or pizza pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes; cool.
Cream together 1/2 the cool whip , cream cheese & powered sugar. spread over cooled crust. arrange fuit in desired pattern on top. Put remaining cool whip on each serving. Refrigerate leftovers.

red

Ruchian

inthebarnagain said:
And blackberries.  Our farm that we are in the process of buying is covered with them.  Last years freeze and drought did them in for last summer but I can already see them growing.  COBBLER!!!!!  Yeah!!!

Have to agree with the balckberries.  I love dutch oven blackberry cobbler.

shortdawg

I didn't know there was anything other than WATERMELON on the menu in the summer! We are sending them north as fast as we can right now.

shortdawg

I'm so sorry I forgot the recipe - Take one or more watermelons, cut open, and DIG IN. ;D