Tis the Season - A Christmas challege

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

Have any of you heard of Reverend Will Bowen's "No complaining challenge"?

http://acomplaintfreeworld.org/

Since it is the season where we celebrate the Lord's birth, I am sending out a challenge to make the "planet" a kinder, gentler place.

For the next 21 days on SP, we will not complain, disparage a particular breeder or gossip.   Lets have some positive discussions in light of the season!

Any takers? 

common sense

Hey I'm game!  Are there any exceptions for weather, old age/sore bones or my cooking?  Oh...and blonde jokes? (clapping) (lol)

knabe

i'm out  (seinfeld) ;D

i've seen that guy a few times.  pretty uplifting.

i'll take the challenge in this way.  no rantings about communism till after new years.

cowz

common sense said:
Hey I'm game!  Are there any exceptions for weather, old age/sore bones or my cooking?  Oh...and blonde jokes? (clapping) (lol)

If I may, I will make a special exemption for jokes, since humor is uplifting and good for the soul!  (You know me!....if we cannot laugh, we have no soul!)

You can report on a condition.  ex:  It is -20 degrees with 4 foot of snow.....and I lost my dog in it.  ex:  I broke my knee. 

The idea is to go positive, not negative!  This should be interesting!

red

I haven't gotten any good blonde jokes for a while! Matter of fact I haven't gotten any good jokes at all lately!
Woody has discovered cat poop! He thinks it's the latest in new taste treats. I'm am finding myself chasing him through the house to get it out of his mouth. I have a new gate ordered to keep him out of Killer's room.

This is a great idea Cowz. I'll certainly try to behave! ;)

Red

common sense

“Complaining is not to be confused with informing someone of a mistake or deficiency so that it can be put right. And to refrain from complaining doesn’t necessarily mean putting up with bad quality or behavior. There is no ego in telling the waiter your soup is cold and needs to be heated up—if you stick to the facts, which are always neutral. ‘How dare you serve me cold soup…?’ That’s complaining.”

—Eckhart Tolle, “A New Earth”

Just thought it would be helpful to have this on the site!  BTW, after the storm this weekend the glimmer of the sun on the ice looks particularly beautiful while laying on the ground!  There, how's that? (lol)

SWMO

Hope you keep the ice in your neck of the woods.  After almost a week of no electricity last year, I would find it difficult to not complain about any form of the frozen stuff.

I'm in on the Holiday spirit.

Show Heifer

Sun is shining, stars shining, have power, winter supply of hay lined up, cows are full, sheep are fat with babies (I think), its above 20 degrees, bull calves are growing, my dog is not a puppy and doesn't eat poop, barn cats are fat, tractor runs, calf check didn't bounce, the heifers I want to buy are clean, bank account is black, houseplant is still alive, wood pile high, house is warm, feeder panel is coming in two weeks, got the nintindo Wii, platlet donation went well, truck still runs well, electric blanket on bed and it works, my haircut was nice, bread I made turned out, beef stew I made is gone (finally), cell phone is working, all cows are bred, spring in pasture is running, great friend a few miles north, weather great, mean girls got booted off the Amazing Race.  I am not and will not agree with everyone. I want to hear everyones opinion even if I consider it a "mistake or deficiency", as long as I don't have to agree with them. Isn't that what a forum is for: the EXCHANGE OF OPINIONS. I think I for one am adult enought to tolerate that, regardless of the subject material.

Great quote Common Sense. Mr Tolle was indeed an intelligent man!!!
But can't quite swallow this "peace on earth" thing.....but do agree with the whining....can we add "thou shall not talk of pitful, irrelevant subjects?"  And lets not forget

IT IS CHRISTMAS PEOPLE, NOT A HOLIDAY!!!!! So, Merry CHRISTMAS to you.

red

gee, I think what Cowz was suggesting was that there be less bashing & nit-picking on people/things. No one is suggesting that we all be in agreement. It would just be nice to approach this time of year w/ joy & think about the true meaning of the season.

Red

dori36

<<
For the next 21 days on SP, we will not complain, disparage a particular breeder or gossip.  Lets have some positive discussions in light of the season!

Any takers? >>

Sure, you bet!  How about positive discussions in light of just being good people - year around?!

frostback

Okay, I will try but I cannot promise anything. I hate liars.( that is not to anyone in particular)

cowz

"thou shall not talk of pitful, irrelevant subjects?" 

Tolerance of other's conversations and respect for other's opinion is a wonderful quality.

knabe

i'm thankful my dad finally purchased a mac and threw away his PC.  and he's actually happy he did it and wished he did it slc sooner rather than slc later.

Show Heifer

Let me rephrase: Just like I told an executive insurance guy a few days ago....I haven't been told what to do since I was 17, and am sure not going to be told what to do now! 
I have not slammed anyone, attacked anyone. Maybe haven't agreed with sale philosophies, or opinions but never demeaned anyone. I have wished no ill will toward anyone. Maybe thought they had lost their mind, but never wished ill will!!! ::)  And tolerance for others opinion? Won't touch that one  ;D
I am all for the CHRISTMAS spirit.  HOHOHO!!! (wheres the smiley wearing a Santa hat?)

common sense

To laugh often and love much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To give one’s self;
To leave the world a little better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
To have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived…
THIS IS TO HAVE SUCCEEDED
-R.W. Emerson

OH Breeder

common sense said:
To laugh often and love much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To give one’s self;
To leave the world a little better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
To have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived…
THIS IS TO HAVE SUCCEEDED
-R.W. Emerson

Very Nice

shortdawg

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My challenge is for everyone to say that as much as they can this CHRISTmas Season