What did you order?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Chap

I have changed gears from , what to use, to this is what I ordered.  What did everyone finally decide upon.  Looks like I will be trying some rookies this year.  I have ordered the following:  Alias, Sunseeker, Duff New Attraction, Sight Unseen, Hollywood, Point Taken, WMW, Trademark, Unforgiven#22, and Buckcherry.  Way more than I need, so I guess we will have a more mixed bag next spring.  I think we will also end up with some eggs sired by Monopoly as well.

red

We are using Hard Core again but had some left over from last year. Going w/ Gigolo Joe, Rowe's Currency, Gizmo & Money Man on  Rose & 2 of her daughters.

Red

Can't wait to see your Buck Cherry calf. If he wasn't a THC I'd use him in a heartbeat.

showman ne

rain maker, monopoly, heatwave, hannibal, manchild for clubbys

sinister, sin city, salute, and final solution on shorthorns

mp

I like unforgiven #22 as well, have you seen him in person, what kind of cows are you using him on? Also do you think new attraction will throw more of a clubbier type calf than new edition?

knabe

i ordered wild turkey and gmbs pendleton.

last year i had 3 heifers (one set of twins), this year two bull calves.  just had my second total package calf.  115 or so, but unassisted by my midas cow in about 15 minutes, he just popped out.

the heifers will get either MM or GVC momentum, the cows either of the above, though i'm dying to use SAR he's a lad on the heifers for second calves , especially my framier heifer (homoblack) out of legacy plus and my midas cow.  the other legacy plus twin, who kinda looks funky and heatwavey, will probably get the rangier producing of the two first bulls.

kane1598

Dr. Who, Momma's Boy, Goldmine, Heatwave, and more Dirty Harry of course.

Chap

to answer a few questions.  Talked to several guys about the duff bulls and they recommended New Attraction over New Edition in clubby scenarios, as he is tending to pass on a little better leg, bone and hair.  I think the purebred boys are leaning toward New Edition.  I haven't seen Unforgiven but am gonna take a chance on a rookie and he looks like the right kind to me.  Reports are that he is massively made with incredible amounts of hair.  They tell me he is moderate to small framed and recommended using him on medium to larger framed cows that are neat necked. 

Ruebush Shorthorns

Money Man after seeing and hearing from everyone on here for my shorthorns heifers.
Clubbies- Bleedn Purple, Red Hot, Jimmy the Greek, Star Power
Shorthorn- Ace of Diamonds
Have 2 starws of Killer Instinct from last year and now that I know he is a Double Carrier I am afraid to use it on anything
Have some Manchild, Kaboom and Okie Dokie left over that I might use.

inthebarnagain

Shockwave, Ranchhand, Northern Lite, Northern Improvement, T510 for the heifers and Duff New Attraction for the few purebred angus that we have. 

Left over from last year we will be using Dreamcatcher and an awesome bull to make heifers Coal Creek 430 (Meyer 734 out of traveler 23-4 cow).  He worked as well for us as the bulls in the semen catalogs so he is a definite repeat. 

red

showcattlegal said:
hard core, milkman, monoply, northern improvment, sun seeker and maybe point taken.

Lacy- can't wait to see your Milk Man calves. What are you breeding him to?

Red

kane1598

If I had the right kind of cows for him,  I would breed everyone of them to Habeger's Texas Hold'em.  They are really nice, complete cattle

OH Breeder

Already stuck few to Final Solution, Diamond Leggs 21, Traveler T510  and Jakes Proud Jazz
others to follow- All ABout You, Amazon, Sunseeker, Sin City,Dream On

BCCC

I ordered some Joe, WMW, Pale Face, Momma's Boy, Monopoly, Hard Core, Carnac, and some Eye Candy

Also What are some clubby bulls that will have about 85 lb bw's that are choke fronted and massive all around, Th and PHA dont matter

I am still trying to found out if Highlander is producing yet and where I can get some at, My Highlander is begging to be bred by him ;D ;D

shortyjock89

BCCC said:
Also What are some clubby bulls that will have about 85 lb bw's that are choke fronted and massive all around, Th and PHA dont matter

Naughty Pine and Manchild

farmboy

im waiting till next year to buy into highlander, he looks good but it could be 6 inches of hair, idk, we'll see in about a year i guess

BCCC

Yeah I know what you mean but I think a 3/4  highlander, 1/8 maine and a 1/8 angus might be kind of cool, if not What else would you breed a Highlander to??

OH Breeder

BCCC said:
Yeah I know what you mean but I think a 3/4  highlander, 1/8 maine and a 1/8 angus might be kind of cool, if not What else would you breed a Highlander to??
Shorthorn. See attached.

Attachments

• highlandshorthorn[1].jpg
    highlandshorthorn[1].jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 528