What's your most exciting matings coming in 2012?

Help Support Steer Planet:

johnmetzger

Soehnlen Cattle Co. said:
JDM said:
I've gotta full sib to F22 due to Eye Candy in mid march. Hope for LIVE BULL.

Do you have a picture of this cow? I think F22, along with Hairietta, are my two favorite cows on the planet. I have a full flush x F22 coming and I am hoping its a heifer!

I also have...
Multiple Walks Alone x 3D x Hairietta pregs coming. From 2 different 3D x Hairietta daughters.
Fortune and Glory x Sugar Babe (3D x Hairietta)
Hoo Bear x M51 from Boysel and Kroupa
Solid Gold x Yellow Jacket's full sister
Heat Wave x Mimms 899
Heat wave x Kroupa/Mimms 043
Walks Alone x Devotion ( My Irish Whiskey x Angus Donor)
Walks Alone x Laura ( Fire Cracker x Huberdale Lora) She won her Div in L'ville
Heat Waves from F20. lot 9 in Sweetheart sale a few years back. Shes an Alias x M51

Good luck with your Full Flush x F22 as Reimann Ranch sold bred FFXF22 last saturday for $25000.00

firesweepranch

I am really looking forward to our good Built Right cow (that has been to 4 nationals and always in the top as a pair) who is carrying a Fat Butt heifer calf! Of course, she is the last one due (in mid-March). We also have three embryos coming that I am pretty excited about (would be more excited if all three were heifers, but only one is!).

nobody

I'm soo jealous of all these fat butt calves...we tried sexed semen in may. She was confirmed but I guess with the extreme heat she absorbed it or something. Ya'll post pictures when they get on the ground. Can't wait to see them. (clapping)

Davis Shorthorns

Well I pretty much bred everything to my Doc Clark bull last year.  But here are the ones that I am really looking forward to.

Doc x LCCC Weston Mary (aviator x Weston Mary)* REALLY EXCITED
Doc x Bar js O Kendra (Otis son x Kendra)
Doc x DFRS Clara (TM Buckshot x RA)

P.S. Aaron I NEED to get up there and see those Marquis calves I was wondering if you were going to do a Marquis x Captain full sis. 

Will

I am the most excited, nervous about the Elbee Throwback calve we will get in March.  We bred a group of heifers and a couple of our best cows.  Oh and one really clubby black cow.  It will be an interesting March.  We should know by the middle of spring how easy calving he is going to be.

Endless Meadows

aandtcattle said:
Endless Meadows said:
A couple in general we are looking forward to:

How do you like your Lone Ranger daughters thus far?? The Eionmor Ultra 8K daughter that I bought from Dale Studer a few years ago is due to Lone Ranger in March and there will be a few more, she is just the one that I remember since Im pretty pumped up about the possibilities of that mating.

The Lone Ranger Daughters are doing really well and I think they will turn out to be some pretty good cows.  I'm glad I was able to get some semen collected on him before his untimely passing.  I think the son of his we kept back, VACA Lonesome Dove 101Y will be a really nice replacement.  He looks ALOT like Lone Ranger, almost a dead ringer, except he is even darker colored...almost purple.

Okotoks

Well it was supposed to be an embryo out of Diamond Dottie 22X making it a maternal ET sib to Diamond Helena Dottie 12H but seems that embryo didn't take :(
I do have an ET coming from Glenford Reward 7Z and out of Diamond Uranium Susan 6U(she was a paternal sister to Dottie 22X both being by Deer Trail Private Eye) 6U was a deep bodied easy fleshing cow with a low BW EPD of -0.6 and CE of +5.3.
Also looking forward to the Glenford Captain 39X's out of our coming 3 year olds.Especially the one out of Diamond Unica Maid 9U, and of course more Diamond Prophecy calves, especially the ones out of the Northern Legend 3N and Diamond Captain Mark 27C cows.

vcsf

Okotoks said:
Well it was supposed to be an embryo out of Diamond Dottie 22X making it a maternal ET sib to Diamond Helena Dottie 12H but seems that embryo didn't take :(
I do have an ET coming from Glenford Reward 7Z and out of Diamond Uranium Susan 6U(she was a paternal sister to Dottie 22X both being by Deer Trail Private Eye) 6U was a deep bodied easy fleshing cow with a low BW EPD of -0.6 and CE of +5.3.
Also looking forward to the Glenford Captain 39X's out of our coming 3 year olds.Especially the one out of Diamond Unica Maid 9U, and of course more Diamond Prophecy calves, especially the ones out of the Northern Legend 3N and Diamond Captain Mark 27C cows.

That Glenford Reward 7Z bull has an interesting pedigree just maybe not so much for today.  I hope his granddam was a good thick moderate framed cow.  If my memory is correct didn't Universal sell semen on the Superstar bull and he did look somewhat moderate in his picture.

Okotoks

vcsf said:
Okotoks said:

That Glenford Reward 7Z bull has an interesting pedigree just maybe not so much for today.  I hope his granddam was a good thick moderate framed cow.  If my memory is correct didn't Universal sell semen on the Superstar bull and he did look somewhat moderate in his picture.
Glenford Reward 7Z was one of the best footed bulls I ever used. He was free moving extremely gentle, sired cattle with great hips but he was not moderate nor was his sire. His daughters were all really great producers which may be because he had three crosses of Highfield Irish Mist. This mating is definitely not one that follows the current trend but I'm excited about it. The dam of the cow in my avatar is a daughter of Glenford Reward 7Z.

Show Steaks

Trifecta x Angus first calf heifers
Hartman's Broker bull on our top end Angus cows
Nutt N Butt on my Step Aside cows
Hoping for 5 baldies to keep as bulls the rest can be heifers to keep at home

kfacres

My most interesting matings for this year will be:

Our new herd bull "Pyromaniac" bred back to his Angus mother;
same bull bred back to paternal half Shorthorn sisters (all sired by "Dr Feelgood");
the Double Stuff/ WMW cow bred to our Red Angus bull;
and lastly our best heifer calf from last year- sired by the Red Angus bull; from our best Shorhorn cow family-- bred to of course "Pyromaniac". 

Hoping for heifers from all of them.

J

JTM

A&T, awesome topic man!

My most exciting matings this year.

- Got three pregnancies coming DF Waco x WF Athena
- CF Star Bucks x MWF Ruth's Joy (3/4 SH, PB Maine)
- CF Flex x RC Tulip Rose (WHR Sonny x NPS Tulip Rose 747)
- CF Star Bucks x JTM Tulip Rose 98 (JPJ x RC Tulip Rose)
and last but not least, a bunch of calves sired by TG/RRA Complete out of some awesome black cross cows. Wow! I am starting to get excited now!  <rock>

KSanburg

1 - One and Only X Yankee X BOJO
2 - Bodacious X Fame X 9012Y
3 - Texas Twister X Yankee X Fame
and a couple other variations of these sire groups.

rtmcc

Just to prove there is more than Shorthorns and clubby matings coming in the world this next year ...

The Angus cows are bred to PVF ALL Payoff, the full brother to Payday, or Connealy Final Product.
The Simmental cows are all bred to Ruby NFF Excaliber. Pretty excited to see these first calves out of a great bull raised by friends of ours.  One first calf heifer bred to Olie.
The Charolais cows are bred to Blue Grass with one heifer bred to Connealy Final Product for a smoky.
We do have one Sim-Angus cow bred to BIM.  Thats the extent of our club calf program.  Her Headliner steer from this year is looking great so we are excited about the possibilities of this mating.

Oh ya, Bodies gilt by Triple B Rib Cage is due Jan. 18th to Money Shot.  This may be the most anticipated and exciting mating at the "Cattle Co" this year.

Ron
<cowboy>

Aussie

I'm with Ron. In my Angus herd I'm going for lots of growth in the small frame cows an thickness in the framey cows. The bulls pictured below Rawburn Edge, War Aliance, R/M Ironstone and Sherriff Taylor on the lesser cows. Plus the last bull was bull of my own I used to clean up. The first two bulls are the total opposite to the bulls Angus breeders would be using in the States I think. Interested in your comments.

Attachments

• RawburnEdge_big.jpg
    RawburnEdge_big.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 446
  • waralliance91266006.jpg
    waralliance91266006.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 520
  • USA14954578_L.jpg
    USA14954578_L.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 464
  • 029SM00402_BULL.jpg
    029SM00402_BULL.jpg