Where are you from

Help Support Steer Planet:

cattlejunky

SD said:
cattlejunky said:
I want SD to post a picture.  Are you green and do you have big black eyes????  Do you frequent steer planet to locate farms so you can do experiments? ;D Ha ha

CJ - You're BAD! ;D

First is my family coming to America to settle near Perkinsville, Kansas. Where our favorite pass time is burning cow tipping.  :eek: ;) ;D
Of course it wasn't legal immigration.

Next is my "Take Me to Your Leader" portrait. I like the angle it makes me look taller.

Then here is my son's Army photo.

AH you are green, but it looks like you have brown eyes.  Nice blue robe.  I know I am bad.  Your a great sport!

xxcc

cattlejunky said:
xxcc, I love your view very beautiful!  We may end up on your front lawn also.

i agree, i've been spoiled.  i've been many places in the world an none beat home.  i actually live east of there a was.  that is the home ranch buildings.  my family has been there since 1908.

maverick

In the San Juan Mountains of Colorado in a small town called Norwood. We are 35 miles away from the ski resort town called Telluride. 

farmgirl760

[size=10pt]We are out in Southern CA about an hour north of San Diego in the country! (cow)[/size]

stumpy

I live in the middle of Kansas near Great Bend. I was not born or raised in Kansas but I certainly live here because there is no place like it!

knabe

i live in hollister CA, about 45 miles south of san jose.  my family is from the alva ok, hazelton kansas area where they homesteaded.  my dad's wife was born in a dugout.  most went to texas during the dust bowl and not CA, but returned aftterward.  my grand parents generation were the one's who benefitted most from social security as they didn't pay into it, but profitted from it as they lived till their 90's.

Hollister's high school mascot is the balers.  the area used to have a railroad spur terminate in a town called tres pinos, where a lot of the hay was loaded and shipped to kentucky.  the number one hayed crop now is mower lettuce for bagged lettuce. 

the reined cow horse association basically got it's start from guys in the hollister area yet has no nrcha affilliated show any more even though we have a decent facility with a great view.  lots of spanish land grant ranches in the area, lots of neat native flowers, calochortus (www.telosrarebulbs.com).  hollister plants houses now, as developers are getting subsidized to keep marginal farmland in production with a tax rate of 0.1% rather than 1%.  i have mixed feelings about this as the land long term is not going to be farmed.  it's getting to the point that the only place one can farm is in the san juaquin valley.

the fair allows kids from other counties to show animals as no county has programs large enough for stand alone shows anymore, especially cattle.

justme

Garett said:
I'm in Northern Missouri, a little town called Unionville (thumbsup)
\

Wow garret I'm in NW MO.  Are you showing in Kirksville in May?  That'll be our first show of the year.

garett

justme said:
Garett said:
\

Wow garret I'm in NW MO.  Are you showing in Kirksville in May?  That'll be our first show of the year.

I might be actually, it will probably just depend on how my steer is lookin at the time. Right now he is going through a shedding period

bluffcountrycattle

We are located in the hills of southeast Minnesota...very picturesque and a big tourist trap near the little town of Lanesboro!

chambero

maverick said:
In the San Juan Mountains of Colorado in a small town called Norwood. We are 35 miles away from the ski resort town called Telluride. 

I've been through Norwood.  My dad used to hunt up on the Uncompaghre Plateau back in the 70s.  I've been up there once hunting myself and driven through Norwood several times on summer trips.  Usually wind up in Gunnison (fishing) or Meeker (hunting) nowadays.

Didn't yall used to have a big prairie dog hunt that got a little controversial?  I think I remember protest signs or something a long time ago while driving through.  We got a pretty good chuckle about it.

justme

Garett said:
justme said:
Garett said:
\

I might be actually, it will probably just depend on how my steer is lookin at the time. Right now he is going through a shedding period
My daughter is planning on showing there.  Look for us. We'll have a maine heifer and a shorthorn plus heifer.  You won't miss my 5 year old...he'll be the dirtiest kid there playing with tractors.  Our last name is Funk and we'll probably be by a maroon cornpro trailer.

Dale

I live near Washington--SW IN--an hour from KY and closer to IL.  Daviess county is the home of Cornpro trailers

garett

justme said:
Garett said:
justme said:
Garett said:
\

My daughter is planning on showing there.  Look for us. We'll have a maine heifer and a shorthorn plus heifer.  You won't miss my 5 year old...he'll be the dirtiest kid there playing with tractors.  Our last name is Funk and we'll probably be by a maroon cornpro trailer.

Well if Im there I will be sure to look for you. Even if I dont take anything, my birthday is only a couple days before that, and I will be turning 16 so it would be amazing to get my license by then-So watch out world!!  lol    We have gotten completely off subject about where we are from  (lol)

Garett