who and why

Help Support Steer Planet:

linnettejane

ok....i may be opening a really really big can of worms here....but i figure we talk about everything else under the sun on here, why not this....

who are you going to vote for president and why? 

showgirl2010

I am not voting age, but this runs deep for me.  My family is republican and naturally will choose McCain. but my family also wanted Clinton.  The other choice also is starting to scare me the more i think on it, but i hate to think of it that way because i feel as if i am being prejudice and that kills me.

Jamie

Dusty

McCain by default i guess.  Just because I despise the left, even thought McCain leans pretty heavy that way sometimes.
I would have rather saw Ron Paul in there or Mitt Romney.  Romney would have kicked some ass and got the government's spending spree under control and got the government running back in the black...

Ron Paul would have got the budget in the black because he would have just gotten rid of most of the federal government and gave the power to the states. 

I think our government is in that awkward stage right now, the system doesn't work anymore, but we can't shoot the assholes just yet....

linnettejane

headline from our local news...

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSAZ) -- Ohio Governor Ted Strickland just recently endorsed Barack Obama for president. However, he's not ready to join the campaign as a potential vice presidential candidate.

In an interview broadcast on National Public Radio Tuesday, Strickland said the following about the possibility of being Obama's running mate.

"If drafted, I will not run; nominated, I will not accept; and if elected, I will not serve," Ohio Governor Ted Strickland said.

Strickland endorsed and campaigned for Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary, but switched his support to Obama after Clinton dropped out last Saturday.

wow....what a statement....

Show Dad

Does it matter?

Our taxes will be higher, dependance on government to provide for our needs will increase. Kids will be less educated while funding is increased. More non-citizens will be made citizens. While our enemies will be taking pot shots at us.

Oh, we live in a democracy, so you get what you vote for. So if you vote for the lesser of two evils you get what? Evil?!

Just lamenting that at the most pivotal moment in US history in the last 20 years we have produce this choice selection. How did we get to this point?

Mean no offense just my alien opinion.  <alien>

fluffer

I also am going for the lesser of 2 evils.  I appreciate McCains views on the war on terror and no national health care plan.  I also appreciate his temper and hope he gives a few people a piece of his mind.  I do not however agree with his ideas on spending, taxing, illegials, and pretty much everything else important to me.  I am a libritarian, but Ron Paul was a little too off the wall for me.  If he had been a supporter of the war then I might have been able to support him a little more.  I agree with less federal and more state or even better, let me take care of my needs and wants intead of someone else.  To be honest the whole mess scares me!

Fluffer

cattlejunky

Add me as a McCain vote.  can't vote democratic!!!!!  I would have voted for Romney.  I am interested in seeing who McCain picks as a running mate.  It is going to have to be someone strong.  I am glad Hillary was beat, just because I think she is arrogant, but I do not like Obama either.

Jenny

My husband and I both think that there will be some very major dirt dug up before the election on Obama.
He is too scarey.

God Bless America!

Jill

I guess to add to my statement, I liked Romney and hope he runs again, he was by far my 1st choice, don't much care for McCain but there IS no second choice in my opinion.

redwingfarm

My wife and I are supporting Obama for the following reasons:  1.  He hasn't been in Washington long enough to be dirtied up by the lobbyists and the special interests that try to buy their way--in other words he doesn't OWE as many people as much as McCain does.  2.  He has banned lobbyists from his campain unlike McCain  who still hasn't gotten rid of Phil Gramm who was lobbying for a foreign bank for favorable bankruptcy laws for the bank which has partly spurred on the mortgage meltdown we have now.  With friends like that "advising on banking and financial policies we don't need enemies"  3.  Most of all Obama seems to be a positive choice,  he is willing to make changes in our national structure and is unafraid to tell the truth that to fix our problems ITS GOING TO HURT.  McCain just wants keep going down the path that  George "NERO" Bush has led us down.  We can't go on believing that nothing is wrong while our country is going down in flames. Just a note I'm a registered Republican amd am embarrassed to say, like many I voted for Bush twice.  I don't agree with some of Obama's social programs but the definition of insanity is to continue to do the same things over and over and expect the results to be different.

kanshow

McCain for all the reasons the others said.   

I'm a Republican but can't say that McCain was my first choice among those who were running.  Romney would have been my choice.  I'm anxious to see who he goes with for his VP.    Anyway I don't necessarily feel that I am going to be voting FOR McCain as much as I am voting AGAINST Obama.  That fellow scares me.    His wife scares me.    I'm no Clinton fan but I found myself hoping that Hillary could pull if off as she was/is by far the lessor of those evils.  I was on another board where someone posed a question.  'Is anyone scared of race riots if Obama loses?'  WOW.  yes could happen. 

Dusty

redwingfarm said:
My wife and I are supporting Obama for the following reasons: 

1.  He hasn't been in Washington long enough to be dirtied up by the lobbyists and the special interests that try to buy their way--in other words he doesn't OWE as many people as much as McCain does. 

2.  He has banned lobbyists from his campain unlike McCain  who still hasn't gotten rid of Phil Gramm who was lobbying for a foreign bank for favorable bankruptcy laws for the bank which has partly spurred on the mortgage meltdown we have now.  With friends like that "advising on banking and financial policies we don't need enemies" 

3.  Most of all Obama seems to be a positive choice,  he is willing to make changes in our national structure and is unafraid to tell the truth that to fix our problems ITS GOING TO HURT.   McCain just wants keep going down the path that  George "NERO" Bush has led us down.  We can't go on believing that nothing is wrong while our country is going down in flames. Just a note I'm a registered Republican amd am embarrassed to say, like many I voted for Bush twice.  I don't agree with some of Obama's social programs but the definition of insanity is to continue to do the same things over and over and expect the results to be different.

1.Obama owes plenty of people and you can bet he knows how the system works.  He is a product of the infamous Chicago political machine.  There is a reason he has moved up political food chain as fast as he has.

2.Obama banning lobbyists is to give the public the perception that he is not tainted by the special interest.  He may have banned lobbyists, but he embraced Jeremiah Wright and Black Liberation Theology, arguably a pretty "dangerous" special interest if you ask me.

3.Obama does want to change things, but change does not mean for the better.  Obama wants to expand government spend more money to try and solve the problems.  When the government tries to solves domestic problems all they do is create more and bigger problems.
I agree and that we can't keep doing the same things and expect a different result.  I think Obama's policies would be a 180 from where we need to go as a country. We need less regulation, lower taxes across the board, and more personal freedom.  People need to be expected to make it on their own like the preceding generations were.  When someone knows the government will take care of them they lose the incentive to take care of themself.  Social programs perpetuate the problems they are suppose to solve.
It is comparable to a kid in his early 20's that is unemployed and lives in his parents basement playing video games all day because mom and dad won't kick him out on his own and make him take care of himself.
The power needs to be given back to the people and let the people of this country decide it's destiny....

red

I want to see who McCain picks as a running mate before I decide. Can't vote Democrat but there is always the Independent vote.

Red

fluffer

Redwingfarm-
Although I do disagree with your choice I do have to hand it to you for going against the current and posting your true thoughts  ;)

On another note did you all know that "change" is the word that is supposedly tripping our triggers in this election?  That is why they are all talking about "change" supposedly it gets us all excited.  Someone actually did a study on that.  I forget what the word was in the last election that got us going.

Fluffer

showsteerdlux

redwingfarm said:
My wife and I are supporting Obama for the following reasons:  1.  He hasn't been in Washington long enough to be dirtied up by the lobbyists and the special interests that try to buy their way--in other words he doesn't OWE as many people as much as McCain does. 
Any time in Washington is enough to be affected by the lobbiests imvho.

simtal

I'm gonna tell a firsthand story about Obama.  When I was about a 17-18 years old, I got to tour the capitol building in Springfield, IL and see the sights.  As part of the tour, we were allowed to tour a state senator's office.  It just so happened that our group went the offices of some state senators, one of them  being Obama.  When I walked in and read the name "Barack Obama", I thought to myself wonder what he looks like?  Then I seen a picture of the then state senator and to my surprise, he was wearing a turbin (sp?) and looked very intimidating, almost like a picture of some terrorist.  I said to myself right then and there, I can't believe he got elected.  Shortly there after, Obama's image was a complete 180. 

Show Dad

If you look under the surface he (Obama) has some of the usual democratic insiders. He gets support from Soros the biggest lobbyist every known. No matter what his views he's been bought just  notice his quick rise through the party. You don't do that in the democratic party with out someone(s) with their hooks in you. McCain isn't any better when it comes to beltway lobbyist.

Come November it will come down to who is the most loyal to the USA.
<alien>