Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

Dvrom said:
GONEWEST said:
You see the prefix, right?
yeah. SULL is Sullivan's

GONEWEST said:
You see the prefix, right?

Then why is she pictured on page 36 of this month's Show Circuit, as being sold in the 2010 sale of Schaeffer and Tice?  If SULL would have raised her, and sold her in their sale-- I bet they wouldn't have bought her back...  So, who really raised her?

Exact same picture as on page 19 of the May/ June Shorthorn Country...

I-69cc

Sullivans always puts calves in that sale because Tice is from out there. Not sure on the whole buying back thing. Lets face it its the show cattle business alot of things arent really straight foward

GONEWEST

I don't know what sale she sold in, what pasture she was born in, or how many white hairs she has. I do know that they own the sire and dam so I would BET they bred her.

shortdawg

GONEWEST said:
I don't know what sale she sold in, what pasture she was born in, or how many white hairs she has. I do know that they own the sire and dam so I would BET they bred her.

That would be my thought too. I own a half sib to her - mine is out of Sull Blue and I think the 0904 is out of Right Direction which I think is a clone to Solution.

Ohio1

Nate tice works for Sullivan's and they work out some deal to get them in Tim's sale.

afhm

Is it possible that Sullivan sold them some embryos and when the calves were registered it listed Sull as the breeder since they produced the embryos?  I know some breeds list the owner of the dam at the time the calf was concieved as the breeder.  There have been other heifers Sullivans have shown that were listed as bred by them yet sold to them from someone else too.

mark tenenbaum

Not to hijack this-but even a knocked down to the ground person with 4-5 animals left can come near sometimes-Last I sawTHE 2nd high Plus Hiefer for points is DTR Taffetta-out of UB Taffetta-who was out of a UB Junior Walker dam-UB is Mark Tenenbaum last time I checked-and that hiefer shows this year too-Who knows,shes sired by a Meyer grandson-cleanup bull:and homemade shorthorns before that O0

moodog5

Sullivan's raised that heifer. Tice and Schaffer got her for there sale from Sullivans. Later on Sullivan's saw her and realized how good she was and they bought her back out of the sale for nick.

kfacres

mollymoo5 said:
Sullivan's raised that heifer. Tice and Schaffer got her for there sale from Sullivans. Later on Sullivan's saw her and realized how good she was and they bought her back out of the sale for nick.

So, is that false advertising?  Since they bought back a self consigned heifer?  Basically meaning a no-sale?

Or is that false advertising meaning that when that heifer sold-- she didn't really sell-- so therefore they shouldn't really be advertising her as if she did sell.?

Doc

outspoken said:
So, is that false advertising?  Since they bought back a self consigned heifer?  Basically meaning a no-sale?

Or is that false advertising meaning that when that heifer sold-- she didn't really sell-- so therefore they shouldn't really be advertising her as if she did sell.?

No, in my opinion it's not false advertising. You could have bought her just as well as they could.  To me it would be like myself and a partner consigned a cow to a sale because we were disolving a partnership. I buy her back in her entirety. Everyone else had the same opportunity as myself.JMO.

shortyjock89

It is absolutely not false advertising. People buy back animals they've produced and sold all the time. Happens in all breeds, commercial, show, and otherwise.  Jody, surely you're smarter than this. All parties involved in the selling,  (angel), and showing of SULL Jaylynn are upstanding people who do not deserve a bad light cast (perhaps indirectly) upon them with this sort of post. You may not have meant any malice, but a lot of friends and customers of these people could be offended by this.

If you would have no interest in buying the type and kind that you sell, what sort of breeder are you? Last time I checked, Sullivan's are pretty good at the whole plus thing.

RyanChandler

Doc said:
outspoken said:

No, in my opinion it's not false advertising. You could have bought her just as well as they could.  To me it would be like myself and a partner consigned a cow to a sale because we were disolving a partnership. I buy her back in her entirety. Everyone else had the same opportunity as myself.JMO.

That is literally the only ethical possibility of how this situationcould arise.  And you had to dig deeep for that. Its a scam to inflate numbers - obvious as day and night.  It's not like these were new genetics and they were uncertain of how she'd turn out-

moodog5

She did sell. Tice and Schaffer bought the heifer from Sullivan's. Sullivan's bidded on her in Schaffer and tice sell just like everyone else and they were the high bidder.

RyanChandler

mollymoo5 said:
She did sell. Tice and Schaffer bought the heifer from Sullivan's. Sullivan's bidded on her in Schaffer and tice sell just like everyone else and they were the high bidder.

It was stated earlier that "a deal was worked out" to get her in Schaffer and Rice's sale  - no mention of the heifer being sold, money exchanging hand, and then a repurchase by original owner. 

True, people buy back their own genetics but never in a 3 mnth window.