2010 display bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

I didn't like Eye of the Storm's frontend - like Nasty Habit - Thriller - and the black and white colored up bull

Hoosier

Did anybody pick up the Titanium DVD??? Hopin he would have been there but I just watched it and he's pretty darn impressive!

steerjockey

WALKS ON WATER

Attachments

• IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 291

linnettejane

O0 omg  O0 !  thats just crazy!!!  O0

but i think the neatest thing....purple mulch!!!  that is just WAY to cool!!!  where do they get that??? 

OH Breeder

Like Taxi and the red bull. Does anyone know how they are bred. Taxi looks like he has simmi x shorthorn.

CAB

Anyone go up on the hill & find Trendsetter? I heard that he was the real deal.

The other 3 bulls that I have heard back the most on are, Smilin Bob, Thriller, & Total Improvement.

Chap

I was able to see most of the display bulls on Friday and Saturday.  My highlights
Smilin Bob - HW x Captain Morgan's mother - Stout, deep twisted, sappy made and sound. Saw him in the stall and on display.  very few holes in this one
Thriller - Ali x HW - Stout, smooth, and cool,  a splash of white and DEFECT FREE!!!!
Nasty Habit - Traush bull that is as cool necked and hairy as any on display.  not the most powerful but certainly enough. 
Boardwalk -  Monopoly - Super complete and super stout - maybe a tick small, but those kind tend to work.
Stands Alone - Open Bar x Point Taken's Dam - really liked his completeness in a 1/2 maine package.  soft and sound with a good shoulder and neck.

zak

CAB

you are right the nicest and most interesting bulls there were smilin bob, Thriller, and total improvment. The total improvement bull was very interesting. He is a 3/4 angus and he has an a$$ like a heatwave and hair like one to. I wanna say his bw was 84 pounds. I also tried to find trendsetter. I saw his display yesterday but he wasn't there I will look for him today and try and take a pic.

Zak

mooch

All that time wasted trying to bred out the diluter gene and red and white spots.....

Bone2011

CAB said:
Anyone go up on the hill & find Trendsetter? I heard that he was the real deal.

The other 3 bulls that I have heard back the most on are, Smilin Bob, Thriller, & Total Improvement.
Yesterday I had to go up and look at trendsetter, he was super cool. He one of the coolest front ends you will ever find. He was on the wash rack when I examined him and it took me 10 minutes and the only hole i could find was that he was a nickle straight on his rear wheels, but that was getting really picky.

simtal

linnettejane said:
  O0 omg  O0 !  thats just crazy!!!   O0

but i think the neatest thing....purple mulch!!!  that is just WAY to cool!!!  where do they get that??? 

purple paint + woodchips + concrete mixer

CAB

Walks On Water is Holtkamp's bull. Is he a full sib to Immortal?

Trendsetter's front end is probably influenced by the SH in him.

Chap

walks on water is a full sib to Immortal.  Crazy stout.  moderate.  looked good. Good people as well and that sure counts for something in this game

MYT Farms

Have to say, Thriller is one heck of a bull. I think he could be a great one. If I had some red cows with a smooth front end, I would be all over Eye of the Storm. He was a stout and hairy rascal. Cool look in my opinion. Then again, my "cool" is different than some. However, one of the small ones I seen up there was really neat. Uno Mas was THICK. I watched him at the washrack. Wow, a hind end, big top, and a neat smoke color. If my county pushes through the slick shear rule, that bull would be top of my list for muscle.

Chap

Although he wasn't a display bull I am surprised we haven't heard any discussion on the bull One and Only from Rodgers.  HW x 109 donor.  i have seen several full sibs to him and that cow flat produces.  He had flyers all over the yards and took a wicked cool picture.  if somebody grabbed one, please scan it in.  he is one i would try on pedigree and picture, but would like to hear if anyone has seen him.  I believe he is a fall bull.  owned by Wade Rodgers, JR Spear and Chris Rosa.