A & M vs Nebraska

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

cowman 52 said:
 it gave the crew time to discuss the 4 angles it was seen from--

so that they could rate it and not pick up the flag and flag the other guy?  refs have to know the shenanigans that goes on in the scrum not to be sensitive to it.  there has to be a reason for a kick like that.  i don't buy it.

aandtcattle

All you texans just want to talk about one or two of the penalties against nebraska being legitimate, well...... what about the other 14 or 15!!!???  A&M had 2 penalties for 10 yards the whole game and there were missed calls all night, they gifted the game to the aggies, end of story.  Was Bo slightly embarassing? YES!  NU has way more talent but couldnt beat 11 aggies + the 12th man + the striped swamp donkeys!  I could tell by his demeanor in the post game interview that Coach Sherman wasnt feeling all that hot about how they won either.  I am so glad we are done with the lousy big 12 conference after this season.

cowman 52

Show me ANYWHERE  in the ncaa rule book that each team is supposed to have the same number of penalities-  teams take the attitude of their coach --high strung equals more penalities-  business like means fewer

aandtcattle

Cowman, you dont need to state the obvious that you are a ref, we all could have guessed it as arrogantly knowledgeable as you are about football.  You can beleive whatever you want to about the officiating in college station last night but if NU wasnt leaving the conference and if they werent vying for a shot at the North title I think the refs would have called a different game.  This is a bunch of political bull****!!!  Nobody wants NU to win the Big 12 in their last year as a member of this crap conference.  As for your comment on high strung vs disciplined, football is filled with emotion and I agree with previous posters about how the game is being forced to change and become less aggressive and protecting certain positions way more than necessary.  If Bo wouldnt have been mad last night after the majority of those nonsense calls, I would have been disappointed, you cant just go through life being a passive little spineless wimp and expect to be a great football coach.  If you expect Bo to maintain a perfect disposition throughout the course of a game like that, you might want to become a chess official instead of a football umpire, cmon man grow a pair.

knabe

cowman 52 said:
Show me ANYWHERE  in the ncaa rule book that each team is supposed to have the same number of penalities-  teams take the attitude of their coach --high strung equals more penalities-  business like means fewer

so they looked at from 4 angles.  and no flag or ejection?  sounds like a new video format.

Dusty

cowman 52 said:
No there is never a reason!!!!

Really??? Someone grabs me like that and you can bet I'll be kicking the mother f***** too!  That was 30 yards of penalty that I dont blame on Cotton.  He got caught in bad situation by a crappy officating crew.  As for Peleni's unsportsmanlike penalty..  If im his player that got flagged and it wasn't right, I respect my coach who goes to bat for me even though it costs 15 yards.  Peleni has played the game, he know what it's like to be a member of a team and I honestly beleive that every decision/comment he makes is made for the best interest of his team.  

cowman 52

Oh my-- I  know some where deep in some bunker ALL THE BIG 12  got together and put out the word-- screw nebraska,  Pelini and who ever else we can--  Let's teach those corn huskers to run off and find greener ?? pastures and while we are at it let"s get as many as possible in on it.    I bet you actually believe that something that sinister could be kept quiet.   Oh I know-- it came out in a Nebraska press release

Dusty

Argue this cowman 52:
The officials last night have now called three Husker games this season: Texas, Iowa State, and Texas A&M.

During those three games, NU was flagged 32 times for 293 yards. Their opponents were collectively flagged 9 times for 103 yards.

In the other Big XII games (Missouri, Okie Lite, and KU), NU was flagged 19 times for 162 yards. Their opponents were flagged 16 times for 133 yards.

cowman 52

like i said show me where in the ncaarule book where teams are supposed to be equally penalized--IT DON'T SAY ANYTHING OF THE SUCH (lol)

Dusty

cowman 52 said:
like i said show me where in the ncaarule book where teams are supposed to be equally penalized--IT DON'T SAY ANYTHING OF THE SUCH (lol)

U don't think there is a trend there??  If u can tell me that last nights officiating was unbiased then you don't know football and you don't belong in this conversation

JSchroeder

If you are going to talk about trends, Nebraska ranked 18th, 27th, and 11th for most penalties in the NCAA since Pelini got there.  It's not a large scale, multi-year conspiracy, it's your head coach.

cowman 52

nOT UP FOR REVIEW???  how dumb a statement is that?  the officials were in meetings with big 12 from fri morning to 11 friday night, along with tapes from the conference.  tendencies, plays to watch for,  and a pre game meeting that started at 9 usually for a night kick off.   every thing that could possibly happen was discussed.  from an onside kick to the first touching of a punt.  you think those officials drove up to Kyle Fied at 6 30 and just walked on the field.  Every one is graded by at least 5  people and their grades are sent to the conference offices along with comments from the coaches.  Every one of those grades decides if and when and how big a game he works the next week or if he works at all.   Those grades also are sent to the ncaa  who has a file on every call that official has made good or bad since he started.  So tell me again just how those clowns made it to the collegiate level???  
College football is TOO BIG A BUSINESS to just put tom dick and harry on the field-  the guys are there because they earn their ticket-  where do you think pro officials come from-- under a cow pile??

Dusty

Jeff_Schroeder said:
If you are going to talk about trends, Nebraska ranked 18th, 27th, and 11th for most penalties in the NCAA since Pelini got there.  It's not a large scale, multi-year conspiracy, it's your head coach.

Jeff, if you watched last night's game with an unbiased opinion,  what would were your honest thoughts be on the officiating?

knabe

i don't have a bone to pick in the game, but missing that call and having no consequences for either the refs or the player who caused the kick is grounds for scrapping the entire review process.  go try that on the street and have it not prosecuted.

cowman

How would you like to have been the parents of the A&M player in the pile? Watching your son come out of the closet on national TV, just sad.

farwest

I don't think i've read once an A&M fan on here say there player needs disciplined for his coming out of the closet on cotton.  What's that say about you fans.  Are the big 12 refs against NU.  You damn right they are.  The big 12 was within hours of breaking up because of the cornhuskers.  There cushy job was almost over.  And it still might. The big 12 will dissolve.  Texas can't figure where to go.

ZNT

Purely rumors at the moment, but word is Nebraska has suspended Bo.  I will agree his actions were not up to the high standard that we Husker fans expect of our players, our coaches, and our fans.  Other rumor is that Martinez quit.  I am sure we will find out for sure on both tomorrow.

What has A&M done to #83 that has had his unsportsman-like conduct broadcast across the world?  No action is still an action, and integrity will be proven.

Dusty

ZNT said:
Purely rumors at the moment, but word is Nebraska has suspended Bo.  I will agree his actions were not up to the high standard that we Husker fans expect of our players, our coaches, and our fans.  Other rumor is that Martinez quit.  I am sure we will find out for sure on both tomorrow.

What has A&M done to #83 that has had his unsportsman-like conduct broadcast across the world?  No action is still an action, and integrity will be proven.
Haven't heard anything on Bo...but now hearing that Taylor has not quit contrary to what I posted earlier