A & M vs Nebraska

Help Support Steer Planet:

farwest

ZNT said:
Purely rumors at the moment, but word is Nebraska has suspended Bo.  I will agree his actions were not up to the high standard that we Husker fans expect of our players, our coaches, and our fans.  Other rumor is that Martinez quit.  I am sure we will find out for sure on both tomorrow.

What has A&M done to #83 that has had his unsportsman-like conduct broadcast across the world?  No action is still an action, and integrity will be proven.
They wont do anything to 83.  He is a texas hero today.  They'll think where they found him and recruit his brother as well.

farwest

Dusty said:
ZNT said:
Purely rumors at the moment, but word is Nebraska has suspended Bo.  I will agree his actions were not up to the high standard that we Husker fans expect of our players, our coaches, and our fans.  Other rumor is that Martinez quit.  I am sure we will find out for sure on both tomorrow.

What has A&M done to #83 that has had his unsportsman-like conduct broadcast across the world?  No action is still an action, and integrity will be proven.
Haven't heard anything on Bo...but now hearing that Taylor has not quit contrary to what I posted earlier
I don't think Bo has a future at Nebraska.  He's definitely gonna get told about his behavior by Osbourne and Pearlman. As a head coach it will be tough to back down.  He can't change and save face. He needs anger management.  We should have known when he wanted a piece of Bill Snyder years ago.

JSchroeder

Farwest, you can cut the "Texas hero" crap, it's not true, it’s an embarrassment and he had the A&M personal foul after the interception that was out of the camera shot.  BTW, his name is  Tony Jerod-Eddie.

Dusty, heck, I’m biased and thought those two calls I mentioned were b.s. and the second one setup the game winning score.  As I said in my first reply, if you are expecting sympathy from a team that had three touchdowns called back and gave up another the play after a missed call that gave Baylor the ball, well, you are expecting a bit much.  That stuff happens and you either deal with it or you let it get in your head like Pelini did.

Since I have it on the DVR here in front of me, with the help of the ESPN.com play by play list here’s what I thought about each of the 16 (17) penalties…

1st Quarter

15-yd personal foul – Good call, nothing to argue, it was a blatant late hit by a Nebraska player flying in after the play.

False Start – Good call, nothing to argue, welcome to Kyle Field.

The Cotton penalty – BAD CALL.  He did kick the guy but the A&M defender should have been flagged before it got to that point.

15-yd Unsportsmanlike Conduct – This was Nebraska throwing a temper tantrum and turning a 15 yard screw job by the refs into a 3rd and 44.  Again, no sympathy for it because your head coach’s attitude is responsible for it.

2nd Quarter

False Start – Good call, nothing to argue, yeah, it’s loud

Kick Off Return – Personal Foul – Neither you nor I have anything to discuss on this because it happened above the camera shot.

Illegal Formation – This one isn’t even one of the 16 penalties because A&M declined it.  Nebraska only had six men on the line.  Good call, nothing to argue.

Holding – Good call, #71 on your OL pulled down the Aggie defender, nothing to argue.

Holding – Good call, #68 grabbed on to Patterson and pulled him down on top of him.

3rd Quarter

False Start – Good call, nothing to argue.

Illegal Formation – Good call, nothing to argue.

Passing Interference for 2yds – Good call.  The Nebraska defender just ran him over before the ball even crossed the line of scrimmage.

Passing Interference 15yds – This is the one that a person could argue, it was the one where Fuller was underthrown, came back to the ball, and the Nebraska defender had his arm across his chest.  I don’t think those types of plays should be called passing interference but until the rule is changed, they are.

4th Quarter

Personal Foul half the distance – Another personal foul on the kick off return team out of camera shot.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct – This was the Pelini hissy fit foul.  Again, there’s no reason to put yourself in that situation unless you are incapable of controlling your emotions.

Roughing the Passer – BAD CALL, kept the drive alive.

Intentional Grounding – Good call, that’s exactly what it was.  It was a bush league move by Martinez in the first place.

In summary – two bad calls, one PI call that while correct I don’t agree with, two kick off personal fouls away from the camera shot, twelve penalties (one of which was declined) that were good calls.

If you know of calls you disagree with me on, let me know.

Dusty

I think he does have a future at Nebraska, but like u said he needs to get his emotions under control.  However i truly believe that his passion is a good thing.  To have a coach who would rather get the flag for being vocal as opposed to his player (eg Ben Cotton) is a good thing.  Thats saying to me that hes the boss and if there is anyone who is going to get vocal its his job to do it.  Farwest, watch some of the old games from the 70's and 80's when TO was still red haired, he got vocal a lot more than he did in his later years.  Part of that is experience and part because he didn't have to to get his point across.  It is an intense job.  Thats why TO retired,  he knew he couldn't take it anymore.

Dusty

Jeff I appreciate your penalty by penalty breakdown and I recognize ur reference earlier to NU's penalty record under Pelini, however there were two calls last night that were atrocious. Picked up pass interference flag that would have gave NU first and goal(pass interference is a judgement call and once a flag is thrown I've never seen one picked up), and the late hit call on Osbourne which I realize u acknowledged as a bad call. But u didn't answer my question. Did u think the officiating was unbiased?

farwest

Well Jeff it will be interesting to see if Mr. Jared-Eddie will be suspended a game.  Theres all kinds of stuff going on on the bottom of piles fighting for a fumble.  The bad thing about this one.  He wasn't even in on the fight for the ball.  Just on his hands and knees along side the pile a foot away from a ref acting like he wants to play cootsi coo.  Let someone grab you right there on the back of the leg where those muscles meet Jeff.  How bad do you kick.

JSchroeder

Dusty, honestly, you're catching me at a bad time if you expect me to call referees biased.  After the Baylor game I fought hard against the urge to decide the refs were biased.  It's really nothing more than whining and I don't let myself fall into it so don't expect me to agree with you on it.  For me to believe that the Big XII sent in refs with a plan to get you guys, I’d have to believe they did the same for freaking Baylor.  After watching Nebraska's reaction to yesterday, I can only imagine the **** storm you guys would be brewing if you had just one touchdown called back, let alone three.  

Atrocious calls happen and will continue to happen in the Big Ten.

In summary if you think those two calls are all it takes to show bias, then no, I don't agree with you.

Farwest, I’ve called it an embarrassment, a bad call, and said Tony should have been called for a personal foul; what more are you expecting?

farwest

I don't expect anything Jeff.  But you don't mention the only two penalties against A&M.  Go back to your DVR and watch the game .  Can you find some missed calls that should have went against the aggies.  One thing i thought went on all night was border line late hits or some tussling after the whistle by the aggies. But I was biased, so maybe both ways.  It will be an interesting week what all comes out of this game.  Discipline for an aggie player, Martinez possibly leaving, Pelini could be on a hot seat, will the Big 12 review this officiating and have a comment. 

cowman 52

One thing you need to think about --- in ncaa  you can throw a flag and after some thought and talking with the other officials you can wave it off-- but you can NEVER throw a flag after you converse with the other officials.  it just does not happen that way.

Second  in the front of the rule book EVERY  year are points of emphasis-- these are rule changes that may not be rule changes-- player safety is no 1 through 10  this and will be from now on--  If there is any doubt at all if there is a late hit, a roughing the passer flag or anything to do with player safety it IS  a foul no grey areas a foul.  this game is played by men who are bigger,. faster and with more athletic ability than equipment and player bodies can withstand .  there is no way to make it less dangerous but by putting in players heads that play that are on the edge will be penalized  maybe fewer life threatening injuries will be sustained.  
 maybe the late hit on Martenez was close but standing not 10 yards from a quarterback and maybe the hit was 2 inches closer to his head than necessary  that flag has to be thrown,  
 the flag agaibst Cotton-- players at the bottom of a pile are after 1 thing    the ball   and do not have time to think about doing a tsa pat down at the same time-- may be the kids hand was where it should not have been-- intentional I really doubt it

Dusty

I think it has been a consensus amoung the big 12 and the officials that Nebraska is not get treated kindly.  A prime example is that SOB Beebe suspending Eric Martin for a helmet to helmet hit in OSU game(a penalty that was not called), and not suspending the OSU player for a helmet to helmet to Martinez(a foul that was called).  Off subject Joe Pa said it best with regard to helmet to helmet.  " You didn't have this problem when the guys only had one bar across the front.  When u gave the kids a full face mask, thats when you gave them a weapon.  All in all corn grows better in Big Ten country.

farwest

Cowman 52 i respect everything you just said, except not being intentional with his hand where it should not have been.  You need to put on some glasses and watch the video again.  I think it would be classified as premeditated.

Dusty

cowman 52 said:
players at the bottom of a pile are after 1 thing    the ball   and do not have time to think about doing a tsa pat down at the same time-- may be the kids hand was where it should not have been-- intentional I really doubt it

Really???  If u honestly believe that u have no business talking about football on a disucussion board.  You best stay away.

cowman 52

For years in a huddle have had players  say to me "he grabbed my n***s "  my response has been "can you grab your n*** through those pants"  if you can I'll flag him.  never once has a player been able to.  And I have seen it from 2 feet away.

aj

I agree with 52. You can pinch open skin between your thumb and fingers. You can mini punch coconuts. You can break fingers. Some people have real bad breath.Slereth(sp.) offensive linemen for the superbowl broncos liked to pee himself before games. It made his pants slicl and was it was kinda unnerving lined up against him. It was lucky the guy didn't get seen with his little pinch but it happens.

husker1

cowman 52 said:
like i said show me where in the ncaarule book where teams are supposed to be equally penalized--IT DON'T SAY ANYTHING OF THE SUCH (lol)

cowman 52...you are being close-minded.  If you watched the game and saw no calls that were "borderline" or 'totally missed' , you need your official's patch revoked!  The bias was evident.

Truly sucks when the outcome is determined by the stripes, not the players.

Had a friend at the game...he stated that many a & m fans stated to him how the refs sure jobbed Nebraska...does that mean anything???

husker1

Jeff_Schroeder said:
Farwest, you can cut the "Texas hero" crap, it's not true, it’s an embarrassment and he had the A&M personal foul after the interception that was out of the camera shot.  BTW, his name is  Tony Jerod-Eddie.

Dusty, heck, I’m biased and thought those two calls I mentioned were b.s. and the second one setup the game winning score.  As I said in my first reply, if you are expecting sympathy from a team that had three touchdowns called back and gave up another the play after a missed call that gave Baylor the ball, well, you are expecting a bit much.  That stuff happens and you either deal with it or you let it get in your head like Pelini did.

Since I have it on the DVR here in front of me, with the help of the ESPN.com play by play list here’s what I thought about each of the 16 (17) penalties…

1st Quarter

15-yd personal foul – Good call, nothing to argue, it was a blatant late hit by a Nebraska player flying in after the play.

False Start – Good call, nothing to argue, welcome to Kyle Field.

The Cotton penalty – BAD CALL.  He did kick the guy but the A&M defender should have been flagged before it got to that point.

15-yd Unsportsmanlike Conduct – This was Nebraska throwing a temper tantrum and turning a 15 yard screw job by the refs into a 3rd and 44.  Again, no sympathy for it because your head coach’s attitude is responsible for it.

2nd Quarter

False Start – Good call, nothing to argue, yeah, it’s loud

Kick Off Return – Personal Foul – Neither you nor I have anything to discuss on this because it happened above the camera shot.

Illegal Formation – This one isn’t even one of the 16 penalties because A&M declined it.  Nebraska only had six men on the line.  Good call, nothing to argue.

Holding – Good call, #71 on your OL pulled down the Aggie defender, nothing to argue.

Holding – Good call, #68 grabbed on to Patterson and pulled him down on top of him.

3rd Quarter

False Start – Good call, nothing to argue.

Illegal Formation – Good call, nothing to argue.

Passing Interference for 2yds – Good call.  The Nebraska defender just ran him over before the ball even crossed the line of scrimmage.

Passing Interference 15yds – This is the one that a person could argue, it was the one where Fuller was underthrown, came back to the ball, and the Nebraska defender had his arm across his chest.  I don’t think those types of plays should be called passing interference but until the rule is changed, they are.

4th Quarter

Personal Foul half the distance – Another personal foul on the kick off return team out of camera shot.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct – This was the Pelini hissy fit foul.  Again, there’s no reason to put yourself in that situation unless you are incapable of controlling your emotions.

Roughing the Passer – BAD CALL, kept the drive alive.

Intentional Grounding – Good call, that’s exactly what it was.  It was a bush league move by Martinez in the first place.

In summary – two bad calls, one PI call that while correct I don’t agree with, two kick off personal fouls away from the camera shot, twelve penalties (one of which was declined) that were good calls.

If you know of calls you disagree with me on, let me know.

Good summary, but the no calls were just as damaging as the calls....However about the picked up flag on pass interference....?  

Holding your temper in the Cotton situation???  Wow, if that happens on the street 75% of the people in the world take their helmet off and start beating your so-called "Tony Jerod-Eddie" with it!  (that's if people wore helmets on the street...just saying! 8)  

We have to keep this in perspective and remember it's just a game...but...!

husker1

cowman 52 said:
One thing you need to think about --- in ncaa  you can throw a flag and after some thought and talking with the other officials you can wave it off-- but you can NEVER throw a flag after you converse with the other officials.  it just does not happen that way.

You are wrong here, cowman 52...or else the refs arent' following rules.  I have seen intentional grounding called in the Big X11 against several teams this year....after officials conferring....comment?