Best Simmental Bulls right now

Help Support Steer Planet:

JWW

oh yeah forgot about another we used alot

Ranchhand- nice bull, use on the correct cows, works good on some old genetics like some old ( i mean old) X339U cows. don't cut the bulls until they are about a year of age. that's when they determine whether or not they'll be any good. heifers, come on soon, if they look good early they'll get better. some of hte best calves ( minus the occ magnitude halfbloods and dream ons backed on the half bloods) are definately the ranchhands. 1-2 years ago i was ready to let the rest of the juice thaw on the floor but he won me over with the yearlings and the calf crop from this year.

Savy- liked this bull when he won denver, haven't seen much of him since, however check out the calves out of him that are on the simmental national sale at the  Kansas city royal , my fav would be lot 50
http://www.edjesales.com/eberspacher/nationalsale/index.html

man- it is a sad day when k-state is top of the big 12 north  :(

-JWW

Bulldaddy

Another one to try is the Olie bulls from ABS.  He works best on angular cattle with some depth.  He will add muscle and some power.  Also, he has excellent calving ease.

Throttle

Surprised that Trademark isn't higher in the discussion here. Calves easy, big bodied, good looking cattle, especially good crossed on the Dream On lines. I'd say he's as hot as any. I liked Savvy in Denver too. We only had one, a half blood out of a EXT cow. Came small, grew good. Looked good from day one to me, a clubby guy. He has always been good haired, sound, and big hipped. The cow is real freaky necked, but he didn't take as much of that away as some Simmys we've used

nck21

Has anybody heard of War Paint? He's a full brother to Dreamcatcher. I bought two cows in Buck's sale and they were pasture exposed to him.

Dyer Show cattle

I have always liked Remington Red label, the red is the only thing that does not work for me. Also has anyone seen or used RC CLUB KING 040R, he looks like a great bull. I have some Lucky break cows I raised and they have kinda ugly fronts and heads but the calves look great and are some of the best growing calves I have. They also have great udders and great milk.

Bulldaddy

Yes, the Trademark calves are pretty good.  We have used him a lot.  One of the heifers has won her class evertime she has been shown.  Also, have had good luck selling the bulls.  All seem to have good attitudes.  Will have two TM heifers in production in Jan.  One is bred to In Focus and the other to In Dew Time.  We will see what kind of cows they make.

kanshow

My thoughts on Simmi bulls..

Ranch Hand:  My daughter has been showing a Ranch Hand heifer all year.    She went thru a stage where she didn't look like much but she has really come on since then.  She's an extremely sound heifer and clean fronted - for a Simmi.    She's bred to Mo Better for a spring calf.    We also bred a couple fall high percentage DO heifers to RH & those calves hit the ground at around 65#.  It doesn't take long for them to fill out and they look like they'll be pretty thick.  One started off a little crooked but you wouldn't know it now - 30 days later.  They appear to be pretty clean fronted.

Trademark:  I've seen some pretty nice calves out of him and we've got several heifers bred to him for spring. 

RC Club King:  This bull was raised about 10 miles from me.  I think he will be the real deal for those producing bulls for the commercial cattle producer.  We've plugged him into that potential mating program on Simm.org and I don't care what cow it is, he blows the top off on EPDs.  I haven't seen a lot of calves from him yet but the ones I've seen are good.    I doubt he'll be one that cleans up a front but he'll give them everything else.    We plan on using him on our commercial heifers next spring. 

In Dew Time:  I think this DO son is a cow maker.    I've been pretty impressed with all the heifers & cows I've seen from him.  We have most of our commercial heifers AI'd to him for late January calves. 

We also go back & use some of the old bulls from time to time.   

husker1

O.K. guys....my take.

Dream On is the gold standard....he flat works.  We've backed off him just a hair trying to do some outcross stuff.

Built Right...Dream On's most successful baldy son.  He breeds alot like his dad, but will make the baldies.  His only weakness...occassionally more white than wanted.

In Dew Time....Dream On's most successful solid colored son.  He makes them soft and cowy.....Will continue to use him.

Trademark....sure has his place.  I like him on Dream Ons.

Invasion....He hasn't been mentioned yet; people will say he'll make them ugly fronted, but ours are pretty good and we'll use him again.

Star Power didn't work the best here, but have seen some good ones.

Remington....hate to say it because the bull looks wonderful, but he didn't pass the test at our place.

Ranch Hand...ours were just sooooooo small at birth; almost had a premature look.  Too small for my liking.

Galant....Just kidding, AJ.....he might be a little past his prime. 

Sweet Meat, Grandmaster, Upgrade, Club King, SOS, SAS All Star..... all have my attention.  Currently contemplating an SOS flush to a Dream On daughter.

Interesting on this new bull with the big players....This Guideline bull....not sure if I like the .7 MM; would like to see that a little higher.

CAB

What are you Simi PPL's thoughts about these bulls? Westfall Voyager,  STF Affirmed P44R, &  DHF Jades Dreamworks T500.

husker1

Voyager...Looks fine to me, but have not tried him.

Affirmed....don't know much about him.

Dreamworks....heard the bull himself is larger framed...right around a 7.....heard that from an "in the know" source.  That's probably a notch too big for what we want. 

kanshow

We had a Voyager heifer in the show pen for my son to show but she was a touch jumpier than what we prefered so we just turned her out.  She halter broke real well and never did anything but she was always tail switching & fidgety like she was thinking about being bad.  He's 11 & we just didn't want a bad experience for him.  She is a good heifer and he could probably have won more with this heifer than the one he showed.  I guess if I could change her, I'd give her more bone. 

qbcattle

husker1 said:
O.K. guys....my take.

Dream On is the gold standard....he flat works.  We've backed off him just a hair trying to do some outcross stuff.

Built Right...Dream On's most successful baldy son.  He breeds alot like his dad, but will make the baldies.  His only weakness...occassionally more white than wanted.

In Dew Time....Dream On's most successful solid colored son.  He makes them soft and cowy.....Will continue to use him.

Trademark....sure has his place.  I like him on Dream Ons.

Invasion....He hasn't been mentioned yet; people will say he'll make them ugly fronted, but ours are pretty good and we'll use him again.

Star Power didn't work the best here, but have seen some good ones.

Remington....hate to say it because the bull looks wonderful, but he didn't pass the test at our place.

Ranch Hand...ours were just sooooooo small at birth; almost had a premature look.  Too small for my liking.

Galant....Just kidding, AJ.....he might be a little past his prime. 

Sweet Meat, Grandmaster, Upgrade, Club King, SOS, SAS All Star..... all have my attention.  Currently contemplating an SOS flush to a Dream On daughter.

Interesting on this new bull with the big players....This Guideline bull....not sure if I like the .7 MM; would like to see that a little higher.
SOS is also peaking my interest, what do you know about him?

husker1

Burning Up is out of a great cow family working at multiple places....

SOS...don't know alot, just see some super fancy females....

anyone have anything to add about SOS?

FutureBreeder2013

ive seensome real nice lookin mommas boy calves

in my opinion dream on is a good bull but hes in almost everything isnt it about time to veer off the path a little

OH Breeder

We are not Simmy folks but have two Simmy cows. Both are top producers for us. One is out of Mr. Corrector x Direct Hit and the other is out of 3C Macho x WMW cow. I really like the maternal ability that mr corrector put in his females. 3C Macho cow has a great udder and couldn't ask for better temperment.
I saw Trademark when he showed at Ohio State Fair in person. He was a "pretty" made bull. Nothing too massive about him. He was pretty slick not much hair. Profiled great and thought he would make some nice females.

WFCC

we have a mama boy son we used for a clean up.  We are real excited bout seeing those calves. his only weakness is not the best fronted.