bull pic to rip apart

Help Support Steer Planet:

blackdiamond

knabe said:
blackdiamond said:
My posting of opinions is for shear pleasure.  

So that's why you clip them.

As in?  Notice, only one calf has been clipped out of every picture I posted ( minus the sale calves who were clipped for a reason, but not clipped for initial pictures in the catalog)

I clipped him for this picture...  I know it's blurry- it's a screen shot of the flyer.

Actually, I was told to clip him, take a decent picture- and then who cares what happens to him?  

Doc

blackdiamond said:
Doc said:
blackdiamond said:
You are incorrect. You're not showing us these cattle in person. None of us are there, so maybe you are showing us updated pics.
The Jan. heifer doesn't look too bad. Is she clean? She's not registered , so I can't look it up to see if she has been tested.
4193150  clean.. doesn't need tested.

That reg.# sure doesn't match the pedigree in the catalog. Says in the catalog she is out of a Dble Vsn dtr. If that the case , then she could be a dble carrier.
Hadn't noticed that- actually that's the first I've seen the catalog. 
I've never used DV in my life, and don't intend on it. 
I'm going to look that cow up, and see who really owns her, cuz I don't. 
Thanks for pointing out the mistake Doc. 

Same dam as lot #1. So do you own the hfr or what? Says Robsten does on the paper.

blackdiamond

Doc said:
blackdiamond said:
Doc said:
blackdiamond said:
You are incorrect. You're not showing us these cattle in person. None of us are there, so maybe you are showing us updated pics.
The Jan. heifer doesn't look too bad. Is she clean? She's not registered , so I can't look it up to see if she has been tested.

That reg.# sure doesn't match the pedigree in the catalog. Says in the catalog she is out of a Dble Vsn dtr. If that the case , then she could be a dble carrier.

Same dam as lot #1. So do you own the hfr or what? Says Robsten does on the paper.

Waiting on the question... Group of partner cows- I own now- calves came with- didn't find a reason to transfer them to my name if I'm not keeping them...

OH Breeder

You are pretty correct- low5 frame is my ideal cow- and most of these heifers are going to be close to that. 
I'm not gearing to make the great ones- just building blocks. 

I believe when someone asked me to post a picture of my bull who is frame score 5 you called him a midget as well as other things....

Then the other thing I don't understand is this whole new "push" to sell to the public. AND I QUOTE DIRECTLY FROM YOU......

outspoken Reply #84 on: February 10, 2012, 07:15:11 PM »

When we bought my first Shorthorn in 2004 (From a Steerplanet member-- not at the time though)- and got my first calf 2 years later- and then about a year and a half later decided I was serious enough into them to keep them around:

I DECIDED, I WOULD NOT PUT THIS HASSLE INTO MY LIFE- MOST CERTAINLY NOT- During the last several years- this has proved a wise choice.  The shorthorn breed is bull of *****ers, moaners, and groaners..  bull of people who cannot use their head, full of trend chasers- cliques, banner Targeters, and plenty of FAKE MONEY-- YES I WENT THERE.  I don't want any part of it!

We take every calf to the sale barn and sell it as a feeder; that we do not keep for a replacement- or decide to feed out for personal or local consumption.  We do this so we don't have to deal with the drama and BULL **** that comes after a sale...  It doesn't matter who it is, what they buy- or how they get it...  At some point, one party or the other will get mad, toes stepped on, or feelings hurt.  The shear number of people who just like to complain- astonish me.  I've had people buy ram lambs- tell me how much they suck-- until the first lambs arrive-- then they love him-- about the next breeding season-- they're down on him again cuz his lambs didn't grow-- then about Louisville time-- they're so high on him again-- a daughter wins her class-- and now they're going to change the breed forever with that ram...

Buyers are hard to please-- and I prefer not to have any...  Sale barn it-- and forget about it...
Jody
618-322-2582 -call if you want to...

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:23:04 PM by Cut the BS »

Doc

blackdiamond said:
Doc said:
blackdiamond said:
Doc said:
blackdiamond said:

Waiting on the question... Group of partner cows- I own now- calves came with- didn't find a reason to transfer them to my name if I'm not keeping them...

I asked a question and you answered it. I was trying to let you know that they were showing your hfr out of the same cow as lot lot#1. Obviously someone missed that when they proofed. I wouldn't hold it against them though. If someone sends in cattle for a sale and they've not been registered then it is very tough to make sure things are right. To me there is no real reason to send in a calf for a sale catalog that is a year old and not be registered(occasionaly there is , but not very often). I've done our Agribition catalog for 6 years now and it's a pain when someone doesn't have their act together on paperwork or pics. It makes you want to charge them extra for the extra work you have to do.

blackdiamond

OH Breeder said:
You are pretty correct- low5 frame is my ideal cow- and most of these heifers are going to be close to that. 

I believe when someone asked me to post a picture of my bull who is frame score 5 you called him a midget as well as other things....

Then the other thing I don't understand is this whole new "push" to sell to the public. AND I QUOTE DIRECTLY FROM YOU......

When we bought my first Shorthorn in 2004 (From a Steerplanet member-- not at the time though)- and got my first calf 2 years later- and then about a year and a half later decided I was serious enough into them to keep them around:

I DECIDED, I WOULD NOT PUT THIS HASSLE INTO MY LIFE- MOST CERTAINLY NOT- During the last several years- this has proved a wise choice.  The shorthorn breed is bull of *****ers, moaners, and groaners..  bull of people who cannot use their head, full of trend chasers- cliques, banner Targeters, and plenty of FAKE MONEY-- YES I WENT THERE.  I don't want any part of it!

We take every calf to the sale barn and sell it as a feeder; that we do not keep for a replacement- or decide to feed out for personal or local consumption.  We do this so we don't have to deal with the drama and BULL **** that comes after a sale...  It doesn't matter who it is, what they buy- or how they get it...  At some point, one party or the other will get mad, toes stepped on, or feelings hurt.  The shear number of people who just like to complain- astonish me.  I've had people buy ram lambs- tell me how much they suck-- until the first lambs arrive-- then they love him-- about the next breeding season-- they're down on him again cuz his lambs didn't grow-- then about Louisville time-- they're so high on him again-- a daughter wins her class-- and now they're going to change the breed forever with that ram...

Buyers are hard to please-- and I prefer not to have any...  Sale barn it-- and forget about it...
Jody

What's the date stamp?  Those comments were geared before I became partners- and my parener wants me topromote and sell...

Doc said:
blackdiamond said:
Doc said:
blackdiamond said:
Doc said:
blackdiamond said:
4193150  clean.. doesn't need tested.

I asked a question and you answered it. I was trying to let you know that they were showing your hfr out of the same cow as lot lot#1. Obviously someone missed that when they proofed. I wouldn't hold it against them though. If someone sends in cattle for a sale and they've not been registered then it is very tough to make sure things are right. To me there is no real reason to send in a calf for a sale catalog that is a year old and not be registered(occasionaly there is , but not very often). I've done our Agribition catalog for 6 years now and it's a pain when someone doesn't have their act together on paperwork or pics. It makes you want to charge them extra for the extra work you have to do.

Doc, I'm TOC- don't registerd until I know what the desitination is...  eneither does the partner.

justintime

So... I don't get it? If you don't want any buyers, then why have you consigned to the state sale? Why did you not just sale barn them which is your first marketing choice? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning, but I don't get it. 

If these sale entries are partnership cattle, and your partner wanted you to promote and sell in this sale, then why would you go into a deal like this, if every aspect of selling breeding stock disturbs you?

frostback

Wow the partner must have some cash for you to cave to all his demands. I would let him to the advertising from now on though. Sounds like he has the drive, forsite, intuition, motivation, work ethic to get something done. Welcome him to the Planet he might be someone we would like to talk to. Might let him take over the record keeping also.

ejoe326

knabe LOL!

I wonder if sale management thinks this is good publicity for their sale. 

jason

You ask people to rip apart your bull pic, but then report half the posts to moderator.  All the while, drawing attention to yourself when you know you are still banned.

I think we should have a poll and the members of sp can determine if I should enforce your original ban or let you stay on.

knabe

Jason how many reported him. The ratio must be ironic.

I say hes doing a lot better than before so let him stay.

He really provides my most karma points and humor material, yet I will still offer honest opinions and except for the stalking comments this time and last am not bothered by his commentary. People don't have to open thread if they don't want to.  At least he keeps me distracted f posting about politics

frostback

ejoe326 said:
knabe LOL!

I wonder if sale management thinks this is good publicity for their sale. 
The sale management shouldnt have a big problem with it. There was good comments about the calves. But I wonder what his partner thinks?

OH Breeder

blackdiamond said:
OH Breeder said:

Jody

What's the date stamp?  Those comments were geared before I became partners- and my parener wants me topromote and sell...

Doc said:
blackdiamond said:
Doc said:
blackdiamond said:
Doc said:
blackdiamond said:
4193150  clean.. doesn't need tested.

Doc, I'm TOC- don't registerd until I know what the desitination is...  eneither does the partner.

PRETTY CLEAR IN THE POST THE DATE. YOU POSTED NOT MORE THAN ONE YEAR AGO THE POST ABOVE! Interesting you memory becomes selective when you are attempting to market animals for sale. If it were me, I would be concerned about my public reputation if I were selling at a public auction. Doesn't make for great sales especially if people at the sale figure out you are the same guy who comes on a public forum and runs other people down.

jason

knabe said:
Jason how many reported him. The ratio must be ironic.

I say hes doing a lot better than before so let him stay.

He really provides my most karma points and humor material, yet I will still offer honest opinions and except for the stalking comments this time and last am not bothered by his commentary. People don't have to open thread if they don't want to.  At least he keeps me distracted f posting about politics

Actually he reports other people more than he gets reports on himself, but he will fire off 3 or 4 reports at a time.  His identity was positively confirmed once I started getting mass reports.