Checking Cattle Pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

Okotoks

thunderdownunder said:
Okotoks said:
Actually got a chance to see our Diamond cows at Anwenders in Saskactchewan in the summer for the first time. It was supossed to be a herd tour for everyone but the flooding canceled that but we did manage to get around and see them. Here's a photo Cindy Merkley took of General.(Bob and Cindy took me down as they had a 4 wheel drive and Cindy ended up being official photographer as I left my camera by the door at home ???) I had to post it because he is so like his sire.

Wow Dan, their similarity is uncanny- and those pics are just spooky!

Hilltop, you must be rapt with General... he's really gone on fantastically!  (clapping)
Will you be able to get any photos of Andy's Legends?

jaimiediamond

Our 2011 herd sires

Senior: Diamond Prophecy 21P
Diamond Prophecy 21P was used by Northern Shorthorns for 4 seasons.  When we were given the opportunity to purchase Prophecy we jumped at it.  Prophecy consistently produces light birth weight calves with his natural easy fleshing ability.  An added bonus is Prophecy offers calving ease without compromising performance.  We will have our third calf crop by Prophecy spring 2012.
Heifer Bull: Alta Cedar Timeless 36X Alta Cedar Timeless 36X is our 2011 heifer bull.  We are excited about his light birthweight and smooth make up.  Timeless is linebred to Saskvalley Ultimate 8J on the top side and has Frimley Captain Jim 38J on the bottom side. Timeless has seen service for Diamond, Frimley, Highland, Newbiggon, and Northern Shorthorns as well as some commercial limousine heifers.
Junior: Glenford Captain 39X Glenford Captain 39X was the last purchase of Billie Stephenson.  He has been seeing service on both Diamond and Frimley's herds. He has truly impressed everyone who has seen him with his soundness, growth, depth and most importantly his soundness and easy fleshing ability. 
Junior: Diamond Weston Xerox 2X Diamond Weston Xerox 2X has combined our foundation cow family the Dawns with a bull from the great Weston herd a bull we got from Martin Nold in South Dakota that was born in 1977. The sire Weston Ablo was sired by Weston Adventure and out of a cow by Weston Dynamo. This bull's dam is sired by Eionmor Highlander 39J, a son of Eionmor Mr.Gus 80C. Xerox has shown an exceptional topline and depth of flank
Junior: Diamond Xplosion 23X Diamond Xplosion 23X is out of one of the most structurally sound females Diamond Jenny Maid 3J and by Diamond Temperature Rising 28T.  Xplosion combines Northern Legend 3N, Diamond Captain Mark 27C, Eionmor Cheif 16H, Gafa Captain Macbest 6G and Emerald Bigtime 49B.  Dam lines being combined are Susan's, Baroness's, and Maid's we have full confidence in what he will be producing.

Attachments

• diamond prophecy 21p 2011.jpg
    diamond prophecy 21p 2011.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 201
  • Alta Cedar Timeless 36x.jpg
    Alta Cedar Timeless 36x.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 188
  • glenford captain 39x.jpg
    glenford captain 39x.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 200
  • Diamond Weston Xerox 2X.jpg
    Diamond Weston Xerox 2X.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 226
  • diamond xplosion 23X.jpg
    diamond xplosion 23X.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 222

rarebirdz

I meant to add that I really like ur bull battery captain is a easy 2nd to prophecy

jaimiediamond

Thanks for the nice comment!!!!!!!!

I am attaching Diamond Helena Dottie 12H from 1999 and her niece Northern Xena Butterfly 8X (out of Helena's paternal sister)taken Sunday.  I will add some more checking cattle pictures soon :)

Attachments

• NORTHERN XENA BUTTERFLY 8X.jpg
    NORTHERN XENA BUTTERFLY 8X.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Diamond_Helena_Dottie_12H.jpg
    Diamond_Helena_Dottie_12H.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 219

jaimiediamond

Diamond Prophecy 21P calf born the end of March 2011.  He is out of an Northern Legend 3 year old and weighed 79lbs at birth.  I think dad is regretting banding him about now!

Attachments

• 21Px6U 2011 calf.jpg
    21Px6U 2011 calf.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 198

jaimiediamond

A scenery shot of Diamond Xen Dawn 11X (by Diamond Temperature Rising 28T) and Diamond Dottie 12X (by Diamond Prophecy 21P)  <party>

Attachments

• Diamond Xen Dawn 11X and Diamond Dottie 12X.jpg
    Diamond Xen Dawn 11X and Diamond Dottie 12X.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 160

Okotoks

jaimiediamond said:
Diamond Prophecy 21P calf born the end of March 2011.  He is out of an Northern Legend 3 year old and weighed 79lbs at birth.  I think dad is regretting banding him about now!
Seems I got a little too aggresive with the bander at vaccination time.

here are a couple of cows I really liked on a herd visit to Northern.
The first is an Alta Cedar Sherman 7S daughter. Here's her pedigree.
        ALTA CEDAR OAK'S SIGNATURE 19G X-[CAN]M466876- 
    ALTA CEDAR SIGNATURE 119N X-[CAN]M470543-   
        ALTA CEDAR LILIAN 88G X-F669570- 
  ALTA CEDAR SHERMAN 7S -[CAN]M472147-     
        EIONMOR IDEAL 32H X-[CAN]M467119- 
      ALTA CEDAR LILIAN 119L -[CAN]F676410-   
        ALTA CEDAR LILIAN 88G X-F669570- 
NORTHERN BUTTERFLY ULILLY 22U       
        WF PLAYER X-[CAN]M468978- 
      HC NEXUS 8N X-[CAN]M470536-   
        DEN-BAR RHONDA 6H X-[CAN]F672079- 
  NORTHERN REFLECTION BUTTERFLY X-[CAN]F681955-     
        RIVER RIDGE ELITE 38E X-M465234- 
    ELITE BUTTERFLY 3G X-[CAN]F670283-   
      GLORY-JAY ELOQUENTBUTTERFLY 1E X-F665237- 

The 2nd is a favorite of mine, a daughter of Circle M Mark's Legend 9L, There are only a couple of paternal sisters to Northern Legend 3N and this is one. A horned sister, 3N got the polled gene and is a 100% dehorner!
        BODMIN H M ALBERTA MARK 71A X-GM462512- 
    DIAMOND CAPTAIN MARK 27C X-M463603-   
        GAFA CAPTAIN'S ROSEBUD DOLLY X-F650155- 
  CIRCLE M MARK'S LEGEND 9L X-[CAN]M468769-     
        DIAMOND BING BANG BOOM 3B X-M462873- 
      NORVYK DONNICA KATE 3D X-F662494-   
        NORVYK BROOME KATE 12B X-F659565- 
KACTUS DOLLY NOMI 14N       
        MSF EQUITY 43 X-M466050- 
      WINGFIELD HURRICANE 1H X-[CAN]M466993-   
        DIAMOND DESDEMONA MAID 9D X-F663409- 
  KACTUS DOLLY K C 3K X-[CAN]F674099-     
        T BAR DECIDEDLY TEXAS 31D -M464549- 
    FRIMLEY DOLLY 13F -F667306-   
      CACTUS FLAT DOLLY 19D -F663309- 

Attachments

• NORTHERN BUTTERFLY ULILLY 22U.jpg
    NORTHERN BUTTERFLY ULILLY 22U.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 196
  • KACTUS DOLLY NOMI 14N.jpg
    KACTUS DOLLY NOMI 14N.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 195

rarebirdz

I really like the northern animals how are mbm and northern connected to your cattle herd

J

JTM

Jaimie, I like the Diamond Xplosion bull that is pictured. He is probably my favorite in the lineup. (thumbsup)

Okotoks

rarebirdz said:
I really like the northern animals how are mbm and northern connected to your cattle herd
Both MBM and Northern are owned by friends that live near to us.

MBM is herd owned by Mike and Barbara Mills, DeWinton, Alberta. It is a small herd but has some deep easy fleshing cows. The following are the herd bulls they have used.
BRIGHT ACRES ELDORADO 12G X-[CAN]M467164-
By Ramsholt Tornado 32A out of a Saskvalley Ulysses 12U daughter.

DIAMOND DYNAMO 28D X-M464923-
By Bodmin HM Alberta Mark 71A out of a Cactus Flat Winner 4W daughter.
HURRICANE KARTER E B F 1K X-[CAN]M468233
By Wingfield Hurricane 1H out of Northern Legend’s grand dam, GLORY-JAY ELOQUENTBUTTERFLY 1E , she was by PAINTEARTH MR CHIEF 52B.

DIAMOND MONARCH 40M X-[CAN]M469681-
By Circle M Ghost Rider 10G out of a Gafa Captain Macbest 6G daughter. (Diamond Jenny Maid 3J,damof Diamond Xplosion 23X)

DIAMOND REWARDING LEGEND 28R X-[CAN]M471577-
By Northern Legend 3N and out of a Gafa Macfinest 15F daughter.

Current sire
DIAMOND WAR ADMIRAL 10W X-[CAN]M474524
By Diamond Rising Legend 1R and out of Diamond Nona Maid 61N, by Diamond Captain Mark 27C.

The original cows included some Hi-Bow cows from the Alberta and Connie cow families and some Susan’s and Clares.

The Northern herd is owned by Orville and Linda Norstrom, High River, Alberta.

In 1995 they bought their first shorthorn heifer calf, GLORY-JAY ELOQUENTBUTTERFLY 1E. This was a roan heifer calf I picked out for them at a November sale in Edmonton. Wish I had a herd of 20 of her clones today! They also purchased four Hereford cows at a dispersal to found a Hereford herd in 1995. They later added Frimley Dolly 13F, Diamond Samantha 46M and Diamond Taffy Candy 14T. For the first few years the Northern cows would come to our herd to be bred or they would use one of our junior herd sires. Thus they used River Ridge Elite 38E, Gafa Captain Macbest 6G, Circle M Mark’s Legend 9L, Wingfield Hurricane 1H,Alta Cedar Oak’s Signature 131K, Diamond Lord of the Rings 28L,HC Nexus 8N, JT Ulysses 80U. They also used Northern Sun, a homebred son of Norvyk Alberta Clipper out of the dam of Northern Legend 3N. Later they purchased two herd bulls from us. Diamond Prophecy 21P, now back in our herd and currently they are using Diamond Winalot 37W a son of Diamond Regal Legend 4R out of a daughter of Wingfield Hurricane 1H.

jaimiediamond

JTM said:
Jaimie, I like the Diamond Xplosion bull that is pictured. He is probably my favorite in the lineup. (thumbsup)

You have no idea how much that opinion has made my day (look Okotoks someone agrees with me)  :)  Diamond Xplosion 23X is the bull I brought out of our yearling pen as I was impressed with his overall completeness and sound structure.  I had planned on showing him this fall  but his tail was stepped on and now its a debate on to show or not  to show I will  have to make up my mind soon but  he is looking awesome on pasture.

Attachments

• xplosion2.jpg
    xplosion2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 187

justintime

Jaimie, you are going to have to wholesale him... as you can no longer re.... tail him. The same thing happened to one of my best bull calves an I've decided I'm going to show him. If people can't see past something that was accidental in nature, they realy don't count in my books.

rarebirdz

(clapping) thx for the laugh jit jd I really like the natural thickness of 23x

Okotoks thanks 4 the background seems ur bloodlines really work 4 people in ur area and betond

J

JTM

Completeness and sound structured is exactly what I was thinking on the Xplosion bull. Good luck with him.

Aussie

You have some magnificent animals.  (thumbsup) They are just what I like in females. Frame, function femininity and thickness the four F's. Pity they are not black  :( because I would like some of your type walking around over here. Your bulls balance your females well. Strong, balanced, good sirely out look and many good consistant breeders. That is a great photo of the back end of the bull. The back page of a catalogue I'm thinking.
<beer>

jaimiediamond

Aussie said:
You have some magnificent animals.  (thumbsup) They are just what I like in females. Frame, function femininity and thickness the four F's. Pity they are not black  :( because I would like some of your type walking around over here. Your bulls balance your females well. Strong, balanced, good sirely out look and many good consistant breeders. That is a great photo of the back end of the bull. The back page of a catalogue I'm thinking.
<beer>

Thanks for the kind words but I do  think you should add a little colour to your herd ;)  (thumbsup) The bull definitely one I spend alot of time following around with camera as he makes me happy.

Attached is Diamond Baroness 48Y and Diamond Susan 45Y Diamond Prophecy 21P daughters one out of a Diamond Captain Mark 27C 6 year old and one out of a GAFA Captain Macbest 6G 12 year old. Both heifer calves are April calves
2nd Photo is Diamond Uptown Susan 2U by Diamond Regal Legend 4R and her Diamond Prophecy 21P bull calf
3rd picture is an April yearling Newbiggon Xtreme Susan16X  by Diamond Uprising 24U and out of Diamond Mystical Susan 30M.  A little non self serving promotion going on with her as she is in the Oct 22nd All Star sale in Lacombe for Newbiggon Shorthorns
4th picture is an ET sibling to the roan heifer I posted earlier from Northern Shorthorns by Diamond Captain Mark 27C and out of Elite Butterfly 3G.

Attachments

• Diamond Baroness 48Y and Diamond Susan 45Y.jpg
    Diamond Baroness 48Y and Diamond Susan 45Y.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Diamond Uptown Susan 2U and HSF Prophecy 21P bull calf.jpg
    Diamond Uptown Susan 2U and HSF Prophecy 21P bull calf.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 160
  • NEWBIGGON XTREME SUSAN 16X.jpg
    NEWBIGGON XTREME SUSAN 16X.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 149
  • NORTHERN EXTREME BUTTERFLY 2X.jpg
    NORTHERN EXTREME BUTTERFLY 2X.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 150

Simmgal

Butterfly looks nice! I like her size and shape. I also like white Shorthorns a lot, so that's a plus too!  (thumbsup)

rarebirdz

Simmgal said:
Butterfly looks nice! I like her size and shape. I also like white Shorthorns a lot, so that's a plus too!  (thumbsup)

That heifer is sweet to say the least I agree wit simgal Cant get over the consistency of ur bloodlines different sires same type....