Checking Cattle Pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

jaimiediamond

JTM said:
jaimiediamond said:
Another Prophecy son Pictured at a month old and as a yearling :)
I looked at that bull calf picture and thought, "now that one will make a nice looking bull", and then looked at the yearling photo and thought, "that is a really nice looking one". Then I realized they were the same animal...  :)

He is ACC Prophecy's Xcel 38X he was out of a Saskvalley Primo 40P three year old daughter of the Baroness line.  Xcel's actual BW was 76lbs and will be seeing service for ACC.  I wish he was mine  <rock> 

Hilltop

jaimiediamond said:
JTM said:
jaimiediamond said:
Another Prophecy son Pictured at a month old and as a yearling :)
I looked at that bull calf picture and thought, "now that one will make a nice looking bull", and then looked at the yearling photo and thought, "that is a really nice looking one". Then I realized they were the same animal...  :)

He is ACC Prophecy's Xcel 38X he was out of a Saskvalley Primo 40P three year old daughter of the Baroness line.  Xcel's actual BW was 76lbs and will be seeing service for ACC.   I wish he was mine  <rock> 
The part that has really impressed me about him was that he was less than 4 months old when weaned and his momma was only company for the last 3 weeks as I am sure she had no milk anymore. His dam developed lump jaw quite bad over the winter and we treated her 3 times with sodium iodine but it got the best of her and she was skin and bones by August 1 so we had to ship her.
Now if he was only roan ;D

jaimiediamond

Hilltop said:
The part that has really impressed me about him was that he was less than 4 months old when weaned and his momma was only company for the last 3 weeks as I am sure she had no milk anymore. His dam developed lump jaw quite bad over the winter and we treated her 3 times with sodium iodine but it got the best of her and she was skin and bones by August 1 so we had to ship her.
Now if he was only roan ;D

What is really impressing me about all the Prophecy calves is not only is he proven to be one of the easiest calving sires in our herds history but his offspring are remarkably easy fleshing on very little feed input.  Prophecy has 5 calf crops with some being born in 5 different herds which shows his consistency in producing females and herdsires. 

jaimiediamond

Another 2011 heifer calf by Diamond Prophecy 21P heifer 84lbs at birth out of a 4 year old. Legend daughter first picture at two months second two at four months. 

Attachments

• Diamond Minnie 47Y 2 months.jpg
    Diamond Minnie 47Y 2 months.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Diamond Minnie 47Y 4 months hind.JPG
    Diamond Minnie 47Y 4 months hind.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Diamond Minnie 47Y 4 months.JPG
    Diamond Minnie 47Y 4 months.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 162

ruhtram

JTM said:
Completeness and sound structured is exactly what I was thinking on the Xplosion bull. Good luck with him.

I agree. I really like the Xplosion bull!

Aussie

jaimiediamond said:
Another 2011 heifer calf by Diamond Prophecy 21P heifer 84lbs at birth out of a 4 year old. Legend daughter first picture at two months second two at four months. 
Really like 47Y and 48Y. 47Y looks to have a touch more grow which appeals to me. (thumbsup) What does 46Y and 49Y look like :eek:

Okotoks

Another photo of one of my favorite cows at Northern with her bull calf.

Attachments

• Northern Shorthorns.jpg
    Northern Shorthorns.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 168

jaimiediamond

Aussie said:
Really like 47Y and 48Y. 47Y looks to have a touch more grow which appeals to me. (thumbsup) What does 46Y and 49Y look like :eek:

46Y was a steer out of my two year heifer I chose to cull this spring with him at foot as she was THC and I didn't need her as a recipient cow.  In his place I will put up 45Y (actual BW 83lbs) out of Diamond Jazzy Susan 16J (12 years) first pictured at 2 months then at 4 months.  Diamond Jazzy Susan 16J has a long list of successful offspring and one of the high sellers in the Alta Cedar bull sale is out of her daughter.  49Y(actual BW 85lbs)  is  out of Butterfield Dottie 7P(7 years) pictured at 2 months with her dam.  I need to get more pictures of all of the calves as they just keep getting better especially 49Y.

Attachments

• Diamond Dottie 49Y.jpg
    Diamond Dottie 49Y.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 194
  • Diamond Susan 45Y 4 months.jpg
    Diamond Susan 45Y 4 months.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 219
  • Diamond Susan 45Y.jpg
    Diamond Susan 45Y.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 215

jaimiediamond

Diamond Yamen 5Y born Feb 27 2011  by Matlock Red Sniper 1U out of Diamond Whitney Maid 14W.  Yamen is pictured at four and a half months in July.  I am really proud of how he is developing, his two year old Diamond Regal Legend 4R dam is doing a great job.

Attachments

• Diamond Yamen 5Y.jpg
    Diamond Yamen 5Y.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Diamond Whitney Maid 14W and Diamond Yamen 5Y.jpg
    Diamond Whitney Maid 14W and Diamond Yamen 5Y.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 252
J

JTM

That 49y calf sure does look interesting. It would be neat to see a closer picture with her head up. At first glance she looks like donor potential to me. (thumbsup)

jaimiediamond

JTM said:
That 49y calf sure does look interesting. It would be neat to see a closer picture with her head up. At first glance she looks like donor potential to me. (thumbsup)

49Y is a really neat heifer I took a picture of her last night while we were checking the North pasture she is 4 months in this photo.  Also pictured are Diamond Tempting Maid 8T (Northern Legend out of Diamond Exquisitely Maid 34E (Diamond Captain Marck 27C daughter) and her Prophecy 21P daughter Diamond Your Maid 34Y at 4.5 months (03/27/2011), Frimley Wildberry Clare 16W (Northern Legend out of Frimley Nyla Clare 14N (Super Flag daughter)) and Frimley Clare 25Y by Matlock Red Sniper 1U (03/19/2011 ) and finally the Newbiggon Jumbo daughter pictured at 7 months.

Attachments

• Dawn 1Y.jpg
    Dawn 1Y.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Frimley Wildberry Clare 16W and Frimley Clare 25Y.jpg
    Frimley Wildberry Clare 16W and Frimley Clare 25Y.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • Diamond Tempting Maid 8T and Diamond Your Maid 34Y.jpg
    Diamond Tempting Maid 8T and Diamond Your Maid 34Y.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Diamond Dottie 49Y.jpg
    Diamond Dottie 49Y.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 167

jaimiediamond

Some more comparions

Diamond May 20Y out of Diamond Trudy May 31T (Northern Legend 3N out of Newbeginnings Gracie May 6G a Diamond Captian Mark 27C daughter) first pictured at 3 months second at almost 6 months

Frimley Clare 37Y out of Frimley Nyla Clare 14N (Mandalong Super Flag out of Cactus Flat Clare 11C a Broome Quality daughter) first pictured at  2.5 months and  second at 5.5 months.  She is a maternal sister to the 2 year old in my previous post

Attachments

• Diamond May 20Y.jpg
    Diamond May 20Y.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 140
  • Diamond May 20Y.jpg
    Diamond May 20Y.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 159
  • Frimley Clare 37Y.jpg
    Frimley Clare 37Y.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Frimley Clare 37Y.jpg
    Frimley Clare 37Y.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 164

rarebirdz

I was recomended not to post on this thred but that Anna female must have weaned 50% of her body the others seem to have as wel

jaimiediamond

Newbiggon Shorthorns bull calf Newbiggon Young Flag 52Y an ET calf out of Diamond Mystical Susan 30M by Mandalong Superflag calf born April 29 2011 pictured on September 18th.

Attachments

• Newbiggon Young Baron 52Y.jpg
    Newbiggon Young Baron 52Y.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Newbiggon Young Baron.jpg
    Newbiggon Young Baron.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 147

Hilltop

jaimiediamond said:
I am in the process of halter breaking him now  :) I am thinking its a go!    (clapping)
You know that means you have to come to agribition to show him ;D
You might as well bring a trailer full of those heifer calves with too