Checking Cattle Pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

In the other thread on the passing of one of the great Phographers-there was a pasture scene near a high wall (cliff) where a couple of cows are facing away,and you can see how they are made from the rear.like the pic of you yearling bull. We all like your photos-maybe you can get some rear pics,next time. O0

vanridge

jaimiediamond said:
JTM said:
Jaimie, I like the Diamond Xplosion bull that is pictured. He is probably my favorite in the lineup. (thumbsup)

You have no idea how much that opinion has made my day (look Okotoks someone agrees with me)  :)  Diamond Xplosion 23X is the bull I brought out of our yearling pen as I was impressed with his overall completeness and sound structure.  I had planned on showing him this fall  but his tail was stepped on and now its a debate on to show or not  to show I will  have to make up my mind soon but  he is looking awesome on pasture.

I'd love to see this guy in the show ring!

rarebirdz

I agree with mark would like to see more angles of ur cattle regardless it's always good to see great cattle any breed

jaimiediamond

Some new angles of some of the females at Diamond.

Blueprint Purdy Susan 1P (by Eionmor Ideal 61M and out of Diamond Model Susan 20M) pictured at 7 years of age with her Diamond Prophecy 21P heifer calf (born March 17)
Butterfield Dottie 7P (by Eionmor Ideal 61M and out of Frimley Melody Susan 22M) pictured at 7 years of age
Frimley Nora Clare 19N (by Eionmor Chief 16H and out of Frimley Kitty Clare 43K) pictured at 8 years of age
Diamond Minnie Searle 11S (by Northern Legend 3N and out of Diamond Minnie Kaziah 40K) pictured at 5 years of age with her April 12 Diamond Prophecy 21P heifer calf

Attachments

• Blueprint Purdy Susan 1P and her Diamond Prophecy 21P heifer calf.jpg
    Blueprint Purdy Susan 1P and her Diamond Prophecy 21P heifer calf.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Butterfield Dottie 7P.jpg
    Butterfield Dottie 7P.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Frimley Nora Clare 19N.jpg
    Frimley Nora Clare 19N.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Diamond Minnie Searle 11S and her Diamond Prophecy 21P heifer calf.jpg
    Diamond Minnie Searle 11S and her Diamond Prophecy 21P heifer calf.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Diamond Minnie Searle 11S, and her Diamond Prophecy 21P heifer calf .jpg
    Diamond Minnie Searle 11S, and her Diamond Prophecy 21P heifer calf .jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 163

jaimiediamond

Diamond Nona Maid 61N (by Diamond Captain Mark 27C and out of Winalot Mona Lisa) pictured at 8 years of age with her Diamond Temperature Rising 28T heifer calf (born March 29)
Diamond Penny Maid 7P (by Butterfield Fieldman 43F and out of Diamond Jenny Maid 3J) pictured at 7 years of age with her Gold Spear Ruffian steer (born March 14)
Diamond Sunset Dottie 28S (by Northern Legend 3N and out of Diamond Dottie 57N) pictured at 5 years of age

Attachments

• Diamond Sunset Dottie 28S.jpg
    Diamond Sunset Dottie 28S.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 183
  • Diamond Penny Maid 7P and her Red Rose Gold Spear Ruffian steer.jpg
    Diamond Penny Maid 7P and her Red Rose Gold Spear Ruffian steer.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 172
  • Diamond Nona Maid 61N hind.jpg
    Diamond Nona Maid 61N hind.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Diamond Nona Maid 61N front and her Diamond Temperature Rising heifer calf.jpg
    Diamond Nona Maid 61N front and her Diamond Temperature Rising heifer calf.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Diamond Nona Maid 61N and her Diamond Temperature Rising heifer calf.jpg
    Diamond Nona Maid 61N and her Diamond Temperature Rising heifer calf.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 213

jaimiediamond

Diamond Prophecy 21P pictured yesterday end of breeding season

Attachments

• Diamond Prophecy 21P hind.jpg
    Diamond Prophecy 21P hind.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Diamond Prophecy 21P.jpg
    Diamond Prophecy 21P.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 163

rarebirdz

(clapping) those calves scream profit! That roan steer on the red cow has a lot of grow

justintime

rarebirdz said:
(clapping) those calves scream profit! That roan steer on the red cow has a lot of grow

I agree that these are the type of cattle that can make profit, and it is cattle like this that have lots of Canadian Shorthorn calves bringing top dollar from feeder buyers regardless if they are roan, red, red and white or white. These guys can make money with them! IMO, these are superb examples of what a good cattle beast should look like. Again, more reason we should all be showing breeding stock rather than breeding show stock. If we did this the entire industry would be better off.

vanridge

justintime said:
rarebirdz said:

I agree that these are the type of cattle that can make profit, and it is cattle like this that have lots of Canadian Shorthorn calves bringing top dollar from feeder buyers regardless if they are roan, red, red and white or white. These guys can make money with them! IMO, these are superb examples of what a good cattle beast should look like. Again, more reason we should all be showing breeding stock rather than breeding show stock. If we did this the entire industry would be better off.

(clapping) (thumbsup) <rock> <beer>

thunderdownunder

Aussie said:
You have some magnificent animals.  (thumbsup) They are just what I like in females. Frame, function femininity and thickness the four F's. Pity they are not black  :( because I would like some of your type walking around over here. Your bulls balance your females well. Strong, balanced, good sirely out look and many good consistant breeders. That is a great photo of the back end of the bull. The back page of a catalogue I'm thinking.
<beer>

Y'know Aussie, there are females like this down under... I'm going to go show a few on Friday at Adelaide, I'll let you know how they go! Northern Legend is doing an outstanding job down here - in fact,one of the best jobs I've seen an imported Shorthorn bull do in my time. The consistency and type of calves that bull is producing is second-to-none... the heifers are like peas in a pod, they remind me exactly of the daughters I saw when I was in Canada last time. Can't wait to head back at the end of this year and see what other gems I can discover! :p

thunderdownunder

Okotoks said:
thunderdownunder said:
Okotoks said:
Actually got a chance to see our Diamond cows at Anwenders in Saskactchewan in the summer for the first time. It was supossed to be a herd tour for everyone but the flooding canceled that but we did manage to get around and see them. Here's a photo Cindy Merkley took of General.(Bob and Cindy took me down as they had a 4 wheel drive and Cindy ended up being official photographer as I left my camera by the door at home ???) I had to post it because he is so like his sire.

Wow Dan, their similarity is uncanny- and those pics are just spooky!

Hilltop, you must be rapt with General... he's really gone on fantastically!  (clapping)
Will you be able to get any photos of Andy's Legends?

Sorry Dan, just saw this post! I got a few pics of Legend heifers in July but they weren't very good, I'll try and get some at Adelaide Show this week. They are so good... I practically drool each time I see them!!!  (lol)

Okotoks

rarebirdz said:
<beer> helluva cow what age is her bull calf? Pics of the sire?
The calf is a March 14.
Here is a pic of his sire, Alta Cedar Samurai 46T.
This calf and cow are owned by Highland Stock Farm and Alta Cedar.
I also added a photo of Highland's cow, Diamond Uptown Susan 2U, a daughter of Diamond Regal Legend 4R and her Diamond Prophecy 21P bull calf born March 15. He had a 76 lb. birth weight.

Attachments

• Alta Cedar Samurai 46T.jpg
    Alta Cedar Samurai 46T.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Frimley_Trelawney_Clare_and_Alta_Cedar_Samurai_calf_opt.jpg
    Frimley_Trelawney_Clare_and_Alta_Cedar_Samurai_calf_opt.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Diamond_Uptown_Susan_2U_and_HSF_Prophecy_21P_bull_calf.jpg
    Diamond_Uptown_Susan_2U_and_HSF_Prophecy_21P_bull_calf.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 175

jaimiediamond

I actually thought I would show how the Prophecy calf of Highland's is developing first photo was taken June 13 at 3 months
and the second  picture from August at 5 months.

I think his breeders are pleased with him.

Attachments

• HSF 21P bull calf.jpg
    HSF 21P bull calf.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 192
  • HSF Prophecy Bull.jpg
    HSF Prophecy Bull.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 190

jaimiediamond

My heifer calf by Diamond Prophecy 21P first pictured at 2 months and second picture at 4 months.  I am really excited to be keeping this heifer in my replacement pen  <party>

Attachments

• Diamond Baroness 48Y.jpg
    Diamond Baroness 48Y.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Diamond Baroness 48Y.jpg
    Diamond Baroness 48Y.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 201

jaimiediamond

Another Prophecy son Pictured at a month old and as a yearling :)

Attachments

• Diamond Prophecy 21P bull calf May 28 2010.jpg
    Diamond Prophecy 21P bull calf May 28 2010.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Prophecy yearlingacc.jpg
    Prophecy yearlingacc.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 187
J

JTM

jaimiediamond said:
Another Prophecy son Pictured at a month old and as a yearling :)
I looked at that bull calf picture and thought, "now that one will make a nice looking bull", and then looked at the yearling photo and thought, "that is a really nice looking one". Then I realized they were the same animal...  :)