Duis Farms Catalog-video on line

Help Support Steer Planet:

sue

Mitch said:
Now that the catalog is out what is everyone's take on the cattle.  What do you think of the bull calves  being offered? I think every bull offered would make a herd bull.
Let me know what you think.

I have the glossy catalog version in my hands now.. didnt really think about this before  .... but what are the chances of Tuscaloosa X Belle eggs making a red calf.... hmm

stumpy

Hey Doc! Videos hit a couple of snags but should be up first of the week.

Sue, the only Belle x Tuscy I have had was a black bull (steer) that was very good. The two Belle Gus calves I've had were both natural calves and one was red the other very dark roan and both are working herd bulls, I can't start to imagine the females from this mating.

Doc

stumpy said:
Hey Doc! Videos hit a couple of snags but should be up first of the week.

Sue, the only Belle x Tuscy I have had was a black bull (steer) that was very good. The two Belle Gus calves I've had were both natural calves and one was red the other very dark roan and both are working herd bulls, I can't start to imagine the females from this mating.

Thanks Stumpy, See you up there.

Mitch

Talked to Bob today.  he has a couple updates.  Lot 41 had a red polled Waco heifer calf sat.  Lot 51 had a red neck roan heifer calf.  It is out of Vegas X Cherri 742.  Bob said this one is really good.  He also said videos should be up first of week.

Mitch

We went to Duis yesterday.  Bob gave us and Al Simon a 3 hours tour, could have spent a couple more hours but needed to get on road for a 6.5 hours return trip home.  The donors are real impressive. So much said for the age of Dottie.  She is extremely athletic.  I would not want to get in a foot race with her.  The roan sue pair just blew me away.  Heifer calf is a lot better then her pix.  What a pair. All the donors need to be seen. The other cows were really nice also.  They are in their working clothes raising exceptional calves. As far as calves there is something for everyone.  Sure can pick out the Waco's.  Alot of impressive heifers and bull calves.  My favorite bull calf 43b and not just because he is out of a cow I sold Bob.  Sue was right about him.  He was the first one I spot when we hit the field.  He is a Stud.  There was a dozen or so exceptional heifer calves that I found it hard to pick the very top one.

Tuscaloosa was out with cow and he looked really good.  He is a bull that we all could use. 
  Had one disappointment. Lot 15 was a bull calf, only if it had been a heifer.
If someone wants info on any individual lot just let me know.

nkotb

Maybe I am reading wrong,  but on lot 6 lot e picture says DF Wynonna 18W.  Next to lot 6 above the pedigree says Wynonna 8001, and in the description it says Lily 18w.  Is this the same cow and just got entered wrong?

Mitch

nkotb said:
Maybe I am reading wrong,  but on lot 6 lot e picture says DF Wynonna 18W.  Next to lot 6 above the pedigree says Wynonna 8001, and in the description it says Lily 18w.  Is this the same cow and just got entered wrong?

Lot 6 is the white2 year old  heifer.  Her name is DF Wynonna 18W ET  reg number 4174413.  Calf is also registered know as #4174418

Doc

Jacob B said:
What's the calf in the video marked 27Y???  Redneck roan deal.

I think it's 23Y, but I don't have a clue. As always, some looked better than the pics & some totally different. Still looking forward to heading up. If I can help anyone at the sale or haul something back towards the south, just give me a call. 615-202-7106  Doc aka Mike Davis

roancow 78

Update on Lot 100 - -

A MVE Millennium 2000 XC 20 semen tank with the following contents:

SULL GNCC Asset - 2 units
DF Vegas - 9 units
DF Cloud 9 - 2 units
DF Tuscaloosa - 2 units
Red Rider 844 - 1 unit
LSF Linedrive - 2 units
DF Reno - 10 units
HD Big & Rich - 3 units
Byland Mission - 2 units
New Horizon - 2 units
Sherwood Cadillac - 9 units
K-Kim Payton - 9 units
Garfunkel - 10 units
Vortec - 1 unit
Dirk Diggler - 8 units
DF RF MF Sterling - 10 units
Deerpark Improver - 1 unit
Irish Mark - 2 units
Eskimo Joe - 1 unit
NPS Durango - 1 unit

shortyjock89

We'll be there for sure.  If you get bored of looking at all those good cattle Doc, we only live about 45 minutes straight south of Beaverville.

Mitch

Talked to Bob this afternoon.  He is willing to add a " Buyers Option on Dottie 12H"
For 5% of the purchase price Duis Farms will insurance Dottie 12H for the purchase price for one year from the date of the sale. She must remain at Duis Farms for the entire year at no cost to the buyer.  Duis Farms will guarantee 20 viable embryos either by IVF or Conventional flush method.  Duis Farms will pay for all flush cost on the first 20 viable embryos except semen and freeze/transfer cost.

Dottie 12H has passed over so she is safe in calf to DF Tuscaloosa

Looks to me this is a WIN, WIN deal.