For Fun: First Annual Steer Planet Convention- Seating Arrangements!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Which table would you like to sit at?

• Total voters

RSC

Should probably give out some awards for posters on the Planet.  Not sure of the categories or the favorites to win them?

The Peace Keeper Award- RED!
Pot Stirring Award- Farwest!

Any others?

(lol)

Tony

RSC

sjcattleco said:
LOL you forget to put me at the table with Elbee and AJ ..... No bible though..... might have a laptop
Your Reservation has just been made!  (clapping)

Tony

DLD

ROAD WARRIOR said:
Alright but I may have to pull rank on the bouncer job - been at that job on and off for 20 years. Just glad I can still "bluff" the younger ones! RW

LOL... Okay, you can have it.  I haven't done it since college, so that's been awhile.

I have seen Road House a couple of times, though... ::)

TJ

farwest said:
I'm sure Lowline will be the featured item on the menu at our short table. Issue jill and I each a chain saw in case we need it. Oh. For the meat that is. 

I'm guessing that chain saw is so that you & Jill can butcher that little rascal & cut through the bones?  I was hoping for prepared meat, but it sounds like you are planning to gut & skin that little rascal & BBQ'em right on the table.  That might be a real eye opener.  I'll bring the pecan & fruit wood & we can slow smoke it over an open pit.  Keep in mind that the short table is only serving 16 Genestar, +80 MMI Tru-marbling, CAB, all natural gourmet Lowline Beef.  We might even feed it a little grain for the last 45 days just to make sure that it's USDA prime, yield grade 2 stuff.  MMMM!!  After it's served the converts will be lining up left & right.  

(lol)                        

RSC

LOL, good reply TJ.  We need to talk to the chef as I'm not real good at this stuff,  He'll need to cut that steak about 4 inches thick to make that 8 in ribeye=12 ounces is that correct?

Tony

Jill

TJ gets the award for the most posts by any one person in a single thread!
yuppiecowboy gets the eloquent speaker award

MYT Farms

Get me reservations for Table 1. If anything opens up, I'd like to visit tables 6 and 7. But, judging by my posts, I'd spend most of my time at table 1.  ;D Could I nominate myself for the "Most Questions Asked About A.I. Sires" award?

TJ

RSC said:
LOL, good reply TJ.  We need to talk to the chef as I'm not real good at this stuff,  He'll need to cut that steak about 4 inches thick to make that 8 in ribeye=12 ounces is that correct?

Tony

George Jenkins had a Lowline bull calf at Denver that weighed 562 lbs. & had a 10.28 inch ribeye.  So, I don't know that we'd need to cut those steaks quite so thick.  ;)

aj, why would we need to cut that sirloin up in so many pieces?  ;)

(lol)     

cattleking

If yall are ever gonna talk about mean im the kid, me and my dad are butchers at a shop he runs about 19 miles out of galveston ha  (thumbsup)

farwest

No blue. He's out on spring break.  He's posting from some tropical island. College kids.  I tell ya. 

Davis Shorthorns

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
I think all of us in college ought to have our own table and compete with table 5.  I think we could give em a good run.   ;)

Ohohoh I am in, I was at table 1 but I think that I could bounce back and forth between the two.  I think that me level of conversation adding to table 2 might lessen by the end of the night.  (clapping)

cowz

farwest said:
I'm sure Lowline will be the featured item on the menu at our short table. Issue jill and I each a chain saw in case we need it. Oh. For the meat that is. 

Here in the high country, we have been experimenting with the crossbreeding between lowlines and Maine Anjou.

They are called beef Lo-Maine, but they don't hold up very long in the wok!