Heatwave 5 Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

WJ Farms

And you said she is out of a donor cow? Ok super what is the donor cow breeding im sure is what he was asking...........

showsteerdlux

Carlson Cattle said:
next week we r going to go preg.-check her
I'm going to agree with CAB here, the grammar is horrible as well as the spelling. I'm part of the younger generation, but there is something called presenting yourself as professional in everything that you do, these postings included. It would really help if you could work on this.

As far as the heifer goes, it is mighty hard to look at a picture of an 8 month old heifer and give an opinion 6 and a half months later. As much as they change, that's not fair to the heifer, her owners, or the people evaluating her, especially when it comes to looking at options for breeding.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

BTW grammer is misspelled above. Should be grammar.
[/quote]

LOL, that SH Cray

Attachments

• spelling-cat-spelling-cat-grammar-demotivational-poster-1215799181.jpg
    spelling-cat-spelling-cat-grammar-demotivational-poster-1215799181.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 203

LLBUX

[size=10pt][size=10pt]I'll jump in and defend the teachers who attempt to provide proper guidance to their charges
regarding proper spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.

The teachers present the material and constantly reinforce proper techniques every day.

A large number of the kids simply don't care enough to master proper English writing and communication.

I have been a teacher for 32 years, teaching Ag, Industrial Arts, Sciences, Study Skills, P.E. and even English Composition and Literature.

The teachers are trying, but the kids see no advantage in doing it properly or with skill. 

It is far easier for individuals to avoid capitalization and puntuation and instead type out short sentence fragments and/or how a word sounds.   

I grimace every time I see postings like that.

Parents, do your son or daughter a favor and mandate they write properly so they can be good communicators in the future.

As a craftsman, I do not accept shortcuts that lead to poor workmanship.  Writing too, is a craft and something in which to pride oneself.

Kids, show pride in yourself, and learn/use proper English techniques to earn respect from adults and businessmen or women.

LLBUX

I'll translate for you-

Okay.  The dam of the donor cow is a purebred Maine.  Her sire is also  purebred Maine.

I understand your youth, but you could put more effort into your messages by using English rather than
the 'text speak' you use among your peers.    You can get more positive results by speaking their language.

Good luck to you young man-

RidinHeifer

Do you realize how many purebred maines there are?? Get the name of the sire and dam....you're not getting help because you're giving the info people need in order to help you.  It's a heat wave, your maternal stuff is going to suck.  I will not own a heat wave unless its free.  Too many successful breeders won't use him because the calves are "so darn stupid at birth and heifers don't milk worth a crap." 

You obviously think this calf is perfect, which she isn't bad looking, but not the type I'd be using as brood cows. 

Bradenh

Carlson Cattle said:
ok then what is the best cow to make show calves??

the type that throws the best ones, whatever works for what your aiming at with breeding rescources

chambero

I'm guessing you have some adults helping you with these decisions?  If not, find someone that you actually know to help.

There is a whole lot more to raising a good show steer than just "adding power".  Even though cattle from these bloodlines that win tend to be pretty small framed, you still have to get enough growth to get a calf that will reach 1300-1350 when done- and stay sound at that weight.

We breed every heifer we keep to calve at 24 months. Never had a problem - even with the females from Heat Wave bloodlines.  You dont make special excuses for them - if they do their job they stay if they dont they need to go.  Plenty of the HW girls do get it done.

In Tx/Ok, we breed them to Char type bulls to get extra growth and soundness.  But on that first calf, go Angus.

JnK showcattle

Heifer looks really good! (clapping) As far as what you bred her to again (clapping) If your looking for a true calving ease bull that still throws them hairy with bone and a hip try mercedes benz. Our biggest calf was 80 lbs and it was out of an eye candy heifer. so yes you will have to watch her closely around calving, keep up the good work, you urself can decide what works in your herd and breed accordingly. AS FOR YOU PEOPLE ON HERE SLAMMING HIS SPELLING WHO CARES THIS ISNT SCHOOL ITS A CATTLE FORUM!!!!!!!

knabe

i combed the hair backwards and carved divots and shaved the legs.

who cares, it's not a cattle forum.