Maternal Standouts

Help Support Steer Planet:

SEA

mark tenenbaum said:
DMCC Bodybuilder-works as well on Angus as anything Ive seen-AND THEY ARE THICK-hes also the sire of the lowest BW purebred Maine-GVR Bouncer-but showier progeny. JMO-if you want to produce a super easy calving-$3000 steer or hiefer out of your commercial cows-this bull will do it-and has for years. O0

Mark,

Do you (or anyone else here on SP), have  DMCC Bodybuuilder replacement females in production?

How clean and good (long) fronted are they?

How do they milk?

How are they working for the production of club calves? 

What type of cows does he work best on?

Thanks,  SEA  (thumbsup)

mainecattlemother

3CMacho, Dream On, Dream Catcher, Chopper, SOS, Ebonys Grandmaster - All Simmentals
BC Lookout - Angus
Dr. Who
Who Made Who
Sooner - Maine Anjou
Ali - Maine Anjou - very good heifers and calving ease

LostFarmer

Whiplash was a good one but seeing as there is not much semen on him and what there is can be spendy you might look at any of the full brothers.  Backlash T1, WRCC Tool, Radar, and a few others.  The mother is a Lash out of Cunia.  I am not sure which is the best.  Depends on who you ask.  The cow on the bottom is a good one. 

Limiman12

knabe said:
i'll make it tougher.

what 3/4 or above maine bull has an udder that looks like 1019, especially the teats?

Finding a bull with an udder that looks like anything would be prety darn tough regardless of the breed ;)

easttex

mark tenenbaum said:
DMCC Bodybuilder-works as well on Angus as anything Ive seen-AND THEY ARE THICK-hes also the sire of the lowest BW purebred Maine-GVR Bouncer-but showier progeny. JMO-if you want to produce a super easy calving-$3000 steer or hiefer out of your commercial cows-this bull will do it-and has for years. O0

I was looking for info on this but I found two different ones (dmcc bodybuilder 1j) and (DMCC BODYBUILDER II 77SS) which where you talk about?

Thomas

Ok lets get this thread going again... Question to all of you. Is there an Ohlde or Ohlde influenced bull that goes back to both OCC Legend and OCC Anchor?  I would imagine there is but Im not sure.  Also, If not, Which one would do a better job of making both ground sow, Ohlde type females with eye appeal AND Bulls that would work in the Commercial industry.

SEA

Thomas said:
Ok lets get this thread going again... Question to all of you. Is there an Ohlde or Ohlde influenced bull that goes back to both OCC Legend and OCC Anchor?  I would imagine there is but Im not sure.  Also, If not, Which one would do a better job of making both ground sow, Ohlde type females with eye appeal AND Bulls that would work in the Commercial industry.

OCC Jetstream 

Excellent phenotype and better fronted.

Low BW EPD

A little more frame than Anchor and Legend.

He combines Tim's all-time best cows in his pedigree.

Most performance of most all Tim's bulls.