Shootings!!! N/C

Help Support Steer Planet:

garybob

I might add, to those of Y'all that are always putting down Latinos, and downplaying their role in our society (Y'uns know who Ye' are! Doc,etc.), why was one of the heroes an Educator of Hispanic decent, who died trying to protect children........not a single one of whom was Latino?

GB

RyanChandler

J2F said:
Any body else find fault in the way to protect our kids and our families is to have strict gun control here (no data supports that) and mind you people who want gun control also wants to open our borders for every criminal and terrorist to come on in. (ask native Americans how that worked out).

No, just for the hard workers. The 'aliens' that work for us will work you under the table.  Most of the terrorism going on in this country is in the form of civil rights infringements.

knabe

the exceptions to the rule don't make the rule with respect to latino's or any race.

illegal is illegal, whether they are polish, irish, latino, russian, african.

if latino's are so great, why do they only allow 5000 legal immigrants a year?

let's start to examine other cultures the same way we evaluate other cultures.

the immigration acts of 1965, 1987 and one in the future have never been enforced and were a ploy by both parties.  they have done nothing but separate our country.  instead of incentivizing integration and assimilation, they have done nothing but divide the country.  will all the illegals pay back all the fees of the one's who played by the rules?  will they give back all their tax credits that allows them to get a fake social security number and get a federal tax refund?  will people who employ illegals push for a bracero type program?

we are getting the worst of it because we didn't enforce the rules we all agreed to.  we didn't agree to not enforce them, though some would argue we did.

the real issue is will the illegals be as welcoming to the next wave of illegals?  time will tell, though i gotta tell you first hand, just like asians can't stand each other, latino's are the same way, just as are everyone.  don't really get that everyone but white's are benevolent.

J2F

-XBAR- said:
Will they ever see any of the estimated $40 billion that they ('illegals') annually pay into Social Security? 

???  and the 80 billion in medical, police, housing and all the other expenses for them coming illegally?

And do yo think you get the 40 billion?

Absolutely ridiculous argument. Come to the country legally or not at all. We don't turn anyone away we just want to know who is coming and why!

knabe

-XBAR- said:
Will they ever see any of the estimated $40 billion that they ('illegals') annually pay into Social Security? 

that's one way to pay their fair share of taxes.  if it's a fake number, NO.  if they want the SS, then get in line for citizenship.  800,000 do so every year.  

WHY DO WE CONTINUALLY WORRY ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE BREAKING THE RULES OVER THOSE WHO DON'T????????????????

maybe we can tax remittances back to mexico.  

everyone should be paying taxes, especially if they use more of the services directly.

of course the obama folks will say the rich disproportionately benefit, but they are also disproportionately working harder and/or smarter.

no one in their right mind would ever think everyone should be paid the same.

if they do, they are a tyrant.  

GONEWEST

Oh COME ON, Justin! Tell me again how this country wasn't founded by Christian men on Christian principles!! PLEASE????

comercialfarmer

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
If you take all context away, no. Cognitive ability has to factor in. If there was a seriously mentally handicapped person, or even a monkey,  that pushed the button to shoot of a nuclear warhead directed at a city, is that evil?  To say that someone has done evil is to say that they know their actions are with consequence and they continue with them.  As far as good vs. evil goes, it can be a matter of perspective from a philosophical standpoint, which you well know.  A lot of people would say there is no good, or there is no evil, there only is. 

So if there only IS, there is NO distinction between a monkey and a person.  Or someone with or without a mental handicap.   I agree with you, there is a difference.  Since there is a difference, the idea of there only is- does not exist.  So with that premise that there is a difference, then man is held to a higher standard than a monkey- a universal moral law.  Therefor we must agree that there is a universal moral law that applies to man and not monkeys, mice, cows, sheep, goats, bugs, etc.    If there is a moral law, there must be a moral law giver.   Universal moral law cannot originate from nothing.  How do you explain a moral law giver if there is no God?

Doc

garybob said:
I might add, to those of Y'all that are always putting down Latinos, and downplaying their role in our society (Y'uns know who Ye' are! Doc,etc.),[color=redHow did Latino's get brought into a discussion that I started about a horrific shooting? I don't put down Mexicans, I get upset about illegal Mexicans or ANYBODY here illegally. ][/color] why was one of the heroes an Educator of Hispanic decent, who died trying to protect children........not a single one of whom was Latino?That's about the most racist comment I've heard from someone in awhile. I didn't notice if any of them were black, white, brown ,yellow or purple. All I saw was that innocent children died long before they ever should have. It amazes me that some people think that racism is only when a white person harbors feelings or discrimantes against a person of a different race. 

GB

Telos

The shooter was apparently an Asperger child. According to some new findings, his mother was possibly looking into institutionalizing him. With a high degree of intelligence and a he knowing what his mother was going to do just makes me question the motive. Plus having access to those weapons is a guaranteed recipe for disaster.

The Country seems to be turning this into a debate about gun control and even religion instead trying to understand the dynamics and coming up with possible solutions to help prevent tragedies like this in the future.

The culprit just might be the mother and how she raised this young man.

RyanChandler

knabe said:
-XBAR- said:

WHY DO WE CONTINUALLY WORRY ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE BREAKING THE RULES OVER THOSE WHO DON'T????????????????

Because I'm a humanitarian and the "law" with always play second fiddle to my own moral code.

commercialfarmer said:
If you take all context away, no. Cognitive ability has to factor in. If there was a seriously mentally handicapped person, or even a monkey,  that pushed the button to shoot of a nuclear warhead directed at a city, is that evil?  To say that someone has done evil is to say that they know their actions are with consequence and they continue with them.  As far as good vs. evil goes, it can be a matter of perspective from a philosophical standpoint, which you well know.  A lot of people would say there is no good, or there is no evil, there only is. 

So if there only IS, there is NO distinction between a monkey and a person.  Or someone with or without a mental handicap.  I agree with you, there is a difference.  Since there is a difference, the idea of there only is- does not exist.  So with that premise that there is a difference, then man is held to a higher standard than a monkey- a universal moral law.  Therefor we must agree that there is a universal moral law that applies to man and not monkeys, mice, cows, sheep, goats, bugs, etc.    If there is a moral law, there must be a moral law giver.  Universal moral law cannot originate from nothing.  How do you explain a moral law giver if there is no God?
  There is no universal moral standard, but the fact that people have moral standards is a universal.  For starters, objective standards of evalution do not exist. There is only what is referred to as relativism.  I would encourage you to read up on normative moral relativism and cultural relativism or to even take some sociology classes.  I know I enjoyed mine.

knabe

I forgot that Christians have a monopoly on morality. That's my bad.

Culture is morality. Not sure why the libtards want to keep eliminating diversity.

Probably fear.

knabe

Because I'm a humanitarian and the "law" with always play second fiddle to my own moral code.
]

Are you pro abortion?

RyanChandler

knabe said:
-XBAR- said:

Are you pro abortion?

I support a persons right to choose IN GENERAL. This doesn't mean I necessarily agree or disagree with their choices.  Most importantly, I don't think a woman's reproduction issues are any concern of the Federal govt.  These issues extend past the govts bounds to the conscientious consideration of the individual.

knabe

where's the outrage and obama.

That said, however, there are far too many people who die in hospitals (and in nursing homes, and in out-patient settings) from medical mistakes and health care harm (iatrogenesis). They include:
• Fatal drug reactions (more than 100,000 each year in hospitals)
• Fatal drug reactions (nearly 200,000 outside hospitals each year)
• Misdiagnoses leading to death (over 100,000 each year)
• Deaths from health care-acquired infections in hospitals (100,000 each year)
• Deaths from infectious diarrhea in nursing homes (16,500 each year)
• Deaths from unnecessary surgery (12,000 each year)
All the references/citations for these numbers can be found in our book.

seems like a bigger problem than guns.

knabe

http://reason.com/archives/2012/12/24/half-the-facts-you-know-are-probably-wro

here's some food for thought.

Another reason that personal knowledge decays is that people cling to selected “facts” as a way to justify their beliefs about how the world works. Arbesman notes, “We persist in only adding facts to our personal store of knowledge that jibe with what we already know, rather than assimilate new facts irrespective of how they fit into our worldview.” All too true; confirmation bias is everywhere.