Shorty hf bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

Okotoks

The Sun Country Sales has 3 other bulls that offer calving ease besides Hillside Leader and Muiridale Bonanza 85W.
Red Rose Gold Spear Ruffian- a son of Byland Gold Spear out of an Eionmor Mr. Gus 80C cow.
Foxwillow Sovereign 3S- by Muridale Buster 14K outof a JT Jeff 44J cow.
and HC FL Touchdown 123 ET-by K-Kim Last Call19N out of a BarP Prince 9A cow.

Attachments

• Foxwillow Sovereign 3S.jpg
    Foxwillow Sovereign 3S.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 610
  • Red Rose Gold Spear Ruffian.jpg
    Red Rose Gold Spear Ruffian.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 599
  • HC FL Touchdown 123T.jpg
    HC FL Touchdown 123T.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 189

jaimiediamond

Another bull that has progeny and service selling in a sale in the near future (Hill Country)  is Six S Panther 35P

I also am posting another picture of the Red Rose Gold Spear Ruffian bull

Attachments

• panther.jpg
    panther.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 136
  • goldspearruffian.jpg
    goldspearruffian.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 133

Okotoks

The Lakeside Ripper bull introduces the Captain Obvious bloodline to Canada and his service is selling in the Hill Country Classic next Saturday. Matlock has already been incorporating calving ease through their Ready Go son and Six S Panther 35S. It's good to have a new option though. We have a Ready Go son from Matlock and our two year old heifers calved quickly with light birth weight calves that were up running around within minutes. Lakeside Ripper 901
CE3.0 BW-0.5 WW13 YW 23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• ripper.jpg
    ripper.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 176

Okotoks

mechanic said:
Here is a flyer on ULURU BUSTER6T. He is a BUSTER 14K son that we think will work as good as his daddy. He seems to  be a calving ease sire. Our heaviest born calf was 85 pounds. They seem to have a tremendous amount of performance to them as they all have done well this summer. We are showing one heifer calf this year and think she is good enough that we have entered her in Louisville. I will post a picture of her in a couple of days once I get it uploaded. JIT and a bunch of people can give their opinion on him as they would have seen him at Agribition and Toronto last year.

Jim
With heifer calves like this Uluru Buster 6T looks like a bull that can be used for calving ease plus show ring and better yet produce some useful replacements. With Buster14K as his sire and a Renosa Choice cow for his dam he has a great background. At Agribition last fall he was a very complete bull with a moderate frame.

Attachments

• peggy.jpg
    peggy.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 171

knabe

how's cum you shorthorn guys don't get together and make carloads and make it easier for the feeder/packer?

seems like shorthorns are always selling bulls and females but not feeders.

maybe you do?

mechanic

We pulled the Buster 6T bull out of a feild in Iowa 2 weeks before the Royal last year where he was breeding fall calvers at Loudon's, trucked him 800 miles and showed him to Senior Champion at the Royal and them loaded him up and trucked him another 36 hours out to Agribition where he was Reserve Senior Champion. He gained over a 100lbs even with all the moving from one end of the country to the other. The calves we have had here were from 78lbs to 85lbs at birth. The heifer that is pictured was 80lbs at birth and 715lbs at weaning. The rest of the calves seem to have the same kind of growth and performance. I do think that he will be a calving ease bull with some added benefits in the long turn.

Jim

trevorgreycattleco

knabe said:
how's cum you shorthorn guys don't get together and make carloads and make it easier for the feeder/packer?

seems like shorthorns are always selling bulls and females but not feeders.

maybe you do?
Good questions. Not many feeders out there. A few but not many. I personally have never heard of breeders coming together to make a load in my area. They would rather send them to United Reducers and get their discount. (argue)

linnettejane

Okotoks said:
mechanic said:
Here is a flyer on ULURU BUSTER6T. He is a BUSTER 14K son that we think will work as good as his daddy. He seems to  be a calving ease sire. Our heaviest born calf was 85 pounds. They seem to have a tremendous amount of performance to them as they all have done well this summer. We are showing one heifer calf this year and think she is good enough that we have entered her in Louisville. I will post a picture of her in a couple of days once I get it uploaded. JIT and a bunch of people can give their opinion on him as they would have seen him at Agribition and Toronto last year.

Jim
With heifer calves like this Uluru Buster 6T looks like a bull that can be used for calving ease plus show ring and better yet produce some useful replacements. With Buster14K as his sire and a Renosa Choice cow for his dam he has a great background. At Agribition last fall he was a very complete bull with a moderate frame.

thats a pretty sweet heifer!  is his semen available in US?

sue

Yes  Semen in US .  I 'll answer fo r the mechanic ;)  look me up Linnette - I can take you to big jim.  Or walk through the aisle until you see a very tall man talking funny .

mechanic

sue said:
Yes  Semen in US .  I 'll answer fo r the mechanic ;)  look me up Linnette - I can take you to big jim.  Or walk through the aisle until you see a very tall man talking funny .

Wht do you mean talking funny eh!
Semen is available in the US. Send me a pm and I will hook you up.

Jim

sue

Linnette -trust me it will lots more fun wondering in the aisle looking for a canadian selling semen and eating cheese from Denmark.

sue

RS 329

Reg # 4142538, asterik free

CE 4.5  -2.7  10  29  2  MCE 1.9

ACt bw 69 -

Yes, is too short for most of the shorthorn breeders on this board. Photo is pasture rig. Just ask BJ Eick, photo taken 2 wks ago.

Attachments

• 329shrunk.jpg
    329shrunk.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 169

trevorgreycattleco

the truth said:
now that's a bull...  how big is he?  Can't determine from a picture with grass if that's big enough or not?

52 or 53 inches tall. My frame chart only goes to 21 months( he is 3 in febuary) but I would guess he is 4.5 to 5 frame. 

aj

Are his bwt's high enough that he is performance though? I have been told beef is sometimes sold by the pound.Oh lord forgive me. ;D

Okotoks

trevorgreycattleco said:
the truth said:
now that's a bull...  how big is he?  Can't determine from a picture with grass if that's big enough or not?

52 or 53 inches tall. My frame chart only goes to 21 months( he is 3 in febuary) but I would guess he is 4.5 to 5 frame. 
Are you still going to collect him?

sue

AJ - you're funny. But I guess he is in the top 35% for YW? 

Collection will probably take place at Great Lakes Sire Service??? - right Trevor g? 

sue

RS 329 X Captain  April Heifer  - weaned Oct 1st.

This is my Niece MacKenna, she was playing vet today .

Attachments

• dolly0110071shrunk.JPG
    dolly0110071shrunk.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 146

knabe

aj said:
Are his bwt's high enough that he is performance though? I have been told beef is sometimes sold by the pound.Oh lord forgive me. ;D

remember, fast food needs marbling and younger cattle.