• mixed breed

Votes: 20 17.5%
  • any other

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • border collie

Votes: 16 14.0%

• Total voters

SKF

We have a Amstaff, a very old Catahoula and a new addition a Border Collie/ Aussi mix. Hopefully he will be our cow dog the other two have no interest in the cows.

Attachments

• P2160059.JPG
    P2160059.JPG
    931.2 KB · Views: 139

Dusty

Okie said:
Rat Terriers  good for catching mice, moles, and snakes!!!!!! ;D

We had a flock of rat terriers when I was growing up..  We had anywhere from 3-8 at any one time.  When they had pups some were sold or given away and some hung around.  Some ran off and some would get the occassional asphault poisoning.  They usually had to be around for at least a year before we would even bother to name them.  The best one we ever had was named Bo-Bo.  She was abandoned on a gravel road as a pup and Dad brought her home.  By the time she died at age 14-15ish she was down to thee legs and couldn't see.  She was fearless though.  She would go after a grizzly bear if one showed up in the yard.  Her and the other other dogs would also find a critter somewhere and then bark at it until somebody showed up to shoot whatever they had cornered.  Usually raccoons, opossums, woodchucks, stray cats and even a beaver once...

garybob

Pets ain't allowed in my apartment. Here is the list of canines present in my life, along with their owners.

Tiger..........black........Pit Bull cross........My mother's lap dog (no joke).
Ivan...........black.......Labrador.............Kevin & Clare.....freebie (PLUS NEUTER FEE)
Oreo.........silver.........Mini Schnauzer.....Kevin & Clare......fun to take to the driving range ( fetches golf balls)
Aunnie.......Yellow.......BC/ Gold-Ret cross..Mike&Meghan.....Timid & shy
Ginger........Yellow.......Heeler/Lab.......Ana, Carlos, & Mariana.....Meaner than !@#$%%!!!
Bebe..........Blue.........Aussie mix........Maru & Raul..............Meaner than Ginger, toughest hombre de Piedras negras, Coahuila, MX

Bawndoh

LN said:
The Pekapom is my mom's dog. I'm wanting to get a little house dog of my own.

I love the Pekapom but that dog has a mind of it's own and doesn't mind.

I'm kinda interested in a Min Pin, pom cross, papillon, or any other breeds that make good indoor dogs. Any suggestions?

I would say....get a Min Pin!!  We have had ours for 6 months.  The worst thing he does is destroy socks, and drag underwear around!!  I guess that is our fault for not cleaning up!  He was high energy in the summer, but probably because he was still a pup then.  He has calmed down quite a bit over winter though.  They are considered "high energy" dogs.  I never get sick of him, and he is the most fun dog I have ever play faught with!!  You can be pretty rough and tough with them as well.  He is not a fragile dog at all, and moves quicker than a cat.  He also climbes around and on top of the couches and window sills like a cat.  He barked...literally for no reason at all...for a couple days when we first got him.  If he barked, we just gave a firm, and louder "quiet".  That stopped the unnecessary barking after about 24 hours.  He now only growls at people passing by (we live right in town), and barks at strange visitors.  I would describe Min Pins as....FUN, high energy, intelligent, extremely fast, tough, and determined.  The high energy thing often scares people, but if you actually discipline and train them, they can be just as smart as a Lab.  Most people are scared to discipline little dogs, and simply think they can get away with anything.  Sorry....but I dont think it is necessary for those little mutts to bark at me all phycotically for every second while I am around them.....aka....most Shitzu's and Chiuiauia's!!!
Another thing.....they are extremely clean!!  Sheds once every 2 months or so, and gets a bath maybe monthly.  I joke around that his butt is probably cleaner than most peoples'.

Davis Shorthorns

LN said:

I'm kinda interested in a Min Pin, pom cross, papillon, or any other breeds that make good indoor dogs. Any suggestions?

My friends have a Boston Terrier and they love it.  She is a cool little dog.

LN

Bawndoh said:
LN said:

I would say....get a Min Pin!!  We have had ours for 6 months.  The worst thing he does is destroy socks, and drag underwear around!!  I guess that is our fault for not cleaning up!  He was high energy in the summer, but probably because he was still a pup then.  He has calmed down quite a bit over winter though.  They are considered "high energy" dogs.  I never get sick of him, and he is the most fun dog I have ever play faught with!!  You can be pretty rough and tough with them as well.  He is not a fragile dog at all, and moves quicker than a cat.  He also climbes around and on top of the couches and window sills like a cat.  He barked...literally for no reason at all...for a couple days when we first got him.  If he barked, we just gave a firm, and louder "quiet".  That stopped the unnecessary barking after about 24 hours.  He now only growls at people passing by (we live right in town), and barks at strange visitors.  I would describe Min Pins as....FUN, high energy, intelligent, extremely fast, tough, and determined.  The high energy thing often scares people, but if you actually discipline and train them, they can be just as smart as a Lab.  Most people are scared to discipline little dogs, and simply think they can get away with anything.  Sorry....but I dont think it is necessary for those little mutts to bark at me all phycotically for every second while I am around them.....aka....most zu's and Chiuiauia's!!!
Another thing.....they are extremely clean!!  [b]Sheds once every 2 months or so, and gets a bath maybe monthly.[/b]  I joke around that his butt is probably cleaner than most peoples'.

I am lovin that. +1 for Min Pin

Show Dad

Simmymom1 said:
We have a collection of dogs.  One male Red Heeler, One male Blue Heeler, One female Blue Heeler, one male Golden Retriever, and of course we have Mitch, the wonder dog...he is a long haired Chihuahua.  Mitch used to be an inside dog, but he let us know one day he wanted to be an outside dog with the big dogs.  My daughter loves that little dog more than anything in the world!!

Is that you or your daughter in the picture? ;) 8) <alien>

Simmymom1

Is that you or your daughter in the picture? ;) 8) <alien>
[/quote]

;D  You goofy Batdog ....of course that is ME!! Don't I look good for 40, I mean 39!! Ha Ha

braunvieh

We have a corgi female and a male Akita. We raised Corgis for a while and they were wildly popular. The Akita is supposed to be a guard dog but he has only barked a couple times in his life!!! He is very quiet, independent and easy going. Both are very good with my boys and both are great hunters -- snakes, rats, rabbits, and the occasional skunk!

CM Cattle

We raise australian shepherds, my red meral maggie is gona have pups in about a week.
We also have the ugliest blue meral australian shepherd/pug bull dog ever!

Attachments

• jlm prom dresses 041.JPG
    jlm prom dresses 041.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 179

dutch pride

My wife has two dogs (although they live in our house, I don't claim them). One is an 8 or 9 year year old ankle biter / yipyaper otherwise known as a miniture dachound that we said we would take care of while my wifes Aunt went to the hospital for a couple of days. That was 7 years ago and Auntie never came home and passed away about a year ago. The other is a two year old yellow lab. Neither of them work, just eat sleep and poop.

DLZ

M.A.K.

these two are border collie/ lab mixes.  Muts I know but we saved both of them from the Humane Society & I can say they have gotten us thru a really tuff time & that makes them priceless to us.

Attachments

• P7120296.JPG
    P7120296.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 151

Rocky Hill Simmental

We have beagles and a rat terrier. We have 3 little beagle puppies right now that just got their eyes open on Sunday. Our dogs are all black, red, and white but two of the pups turned out red and white. They're adorable. I haven't taken any pics yet or else I'd post them.  (dog)

None of them are cattle dogs. They're hunting dogs except for my fat, old beagle and the rat terrier. My old dog thinks he's a guard dog. The rat terrier is just useless tiny dog that's smaller than the cats and likes to scare the cows (she caused a big 10 year old 1,600 lb cow to destroy a horse panel one day when trying to get away from her). I like the beagles better, if you can't tell.  (lol)

TwinMaple

Had a real tragic time at the end of hay season last summer. We had to have our dog (Sasha) put down due to health reasons. We had had her for about 12 years and she was as much a part of the family as we are. It took us until fall before we could get another dog. His name is Max and he is a black lab and pit bull mix.

Attachments

• DSCN0444.JPG
    DSCN0444.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 179

Doc

We've got a blue merle minature Australian Shepherd(stays in the house). Had to put my full size Aussie down , 2 years ago. Probably will get another this spring.

beefy

we have a bunch of dogs here. 4 blue heelers, 3 kelpies and 2 hangin tree's, if they will work cattle we will feed em. even had a pure pit bull female that was a heck of a cow dog till my niece claimed her. now she is a fulltime babysitter    <cowboy>

linnettejane

sadie...my baby...12 years old...had since a pup...black lab

ringo...8 years old...pound puppy....lindsay practices showing ...even tries to use the show stick on him...he tolerates alot!  
(wrong date on last pic...changed batteries in camera, forgot to reset date)

Attachments

• 100_3484a.jpg
    100_3484a.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_3523a.jpg
    100_3523a.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_4439a.jpg
    100_4439a.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_4447a.jpg
    100_4447a.jpg