• mixed breed

Votes: 20 17.5%
  • any other

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • border collie

Votes: 16 14.0%

• Total voters

ShowmanQ

CORGIS!!! Females name is Kadi, she is pictures chilling on her raft last summer (excuse the extremely rusty water, it works either way when it is 100 degrees though (lol)). The new addition is Hank. He is destined to be Kadi's new "boyfriend".

Attachments

• IMG_0197 sp size.jpg
    IMG_0197 sp size.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0015 sp size.jpg
    DSC_0015 sp size.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 162

Diamond

I love our bouvier des flanders ;D also have an aussi, ratty, and affin pincher

shortyjock89

We have a Red Heeler, he's a pretty decent cattle dog if you can get him to think before he just runs out to the pasture.  Gotta get his energy out for about twenty minutes before he's worth a wooden nickel.

We just lost our Brittney Spaniel this winter, she was about 14 years old. Great hunting dog, best nose I've ever seen on one.  She would point, retrieve, and break up a covey of quail like you've never seen.  She could catch pheasants in her mouth when they broke out from her point, but she only did it a few times.  It's gonna be hard to replace her.

My girlfriend wants a miniature bulldog like you wouldn't believe.  She wants one that looks like Beefy on that new show on MTV.  We looked into it, and them suckers are 3k a pop! 

stangs13

We just lost a blue heeler a few months ago, my parents got her when I was born, and she lasted a great 16 years, best dog anyone could ask for.  I have a border collie that I got a few years back, great, smart dog, by far my favorite all around breed. We are currently kinda sorta looking for another dog...we don't know what we want.

red

worthabit said:
What are hanging tree dogs :)))

I thought we had several members that raised them.The Hangin’ Tree Cowdog is the Cadillac of Cowdogs, breed for its endurance and stamina to work hard all day long. A fully trained dog has enough bite and natural herding ability to get the cattle where you want them to be whether they are working the toughest of cows, cow/calf pairs, or bulls.

The originator of this exceptional breed is Gary Ericson, who has bred the Hangin’ Tree dog for over 20 years. He has the unique ability to put the best of the working cattle dogs together. The Hangin’ Tree Cowdogs are a mixture Border Collie, Kelpie, and Catahoula Leopard, and one Australian Shepard, Black Bear, who was the only Australian Shepard used in this breed.

Hangin’ Tree Cowdogs are a medium sized dog with a heavy bone structure to meet the physical demands of working cattle. They come in a variety of colors from solid black or red, to blue or red merles, and every color in between! Their short coats require little maintenance, shedding burs and dirt easily, and help them to withstand the heat. All tails are docked at birth.

The Hangin’ Tree Cowdogs have an innate herding instinct from birth. This agile breed of dog is easy to train and is a loyal companion. Each of their ancestors has lent a special talent that allows the dog to track and find cattle, herd them with precise control, and move the cattle where desired. They naturally want to bring the cattle to you and hold them, which will make your cattle gentle.

My thanks go out to Charlie Trayer, a breeder and trainer for many years, who introduced me to this amazing cowdog. Charlie’s dedication to demonstrating the unique gathering ability of the Hangin’ Tree Cowdog throughout the United States has promoted awareness to this breed.

My Hangin’ Tree Cowdogs have made my cattle gentle and easy to handle. Their loyalty, dedication, and natural abilities have made a once grueling undertaking of herding cattle into an enjoyable task accomplished with ease.

worthabit

red said:
worthabit said:
Thanks!

I thought we had several members that raised them.The Hangin’ Tree Cowdog is the Cadillac of Cowdogs, breed for its endurance and stamina to work hard all day long. A fully trained dog has enough bite and natural herding ability to get the cattle where you want them to be whether they are working the toughest of cows, cow/calf pairs, or bulls.

The originator of this exceptional breed is Gary Ericson, who has bred the Hangin’ Tree dog for over 20 years. He has the unique ability to put the best of the working cattle dogs together. The Hangin’ Tree Cowdogs are a mixture Border Collie, Kelpie, and Catahoula Leopard, and one Australian Shepard, Black Bear, who was the only Australian Shepard used in this breed.

Hangin’ Tree Cowdogs are a medium sized dog with a heavy bone structure to meet the physical demands of working cattle. They come in a variety of colors from solid black or red, to blue or red merles, and every color in between! Their short coats require little maintenance, shedding burs and dirt easily, and help them to withstand the heat. All tails are docked at birth.

The Hangin’ Tree Cowdogs have an innate herding instinct from birth. This agile breed of dog is easy to train and is a loyal companion. Each of their ancestors has lent a special talent that allows the dog to track and find cattle, herd them with precise control, and move the cattle where desired. They naturally want to bring the cattle to you and hold them, which will make your cattle gentle.

My thanks go out to Charlie Trayer, a breeder and trainer for many years, who introduced me to this amazing cowdog. Charlie’s dedication to demonstrating the unique gathering ability of the Hangin’ Tree Cowdog throughout the United States has promoted awareness to this breed.

My Hangin’ Tree Cowdogs have made my cattle gentle and easy to handle. Their loyalty, dedication, and natural abilities have made a once grueling undertaking of herding cattle into an enjoyable task accomplished with ease.

DFSC

We breed and raise toy Australian Shepherd's. The first picture is of our male "Rowdy" as a pup. The second picture is of our last litter of puppies.

Jordan

Attachments

• rowdy.JPG
    rowdy.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 176
  • pups '08.JPG
    pups '08.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 179

knabe

red said:
worthabit said:

are they fullbloods or purebreds?  (just kidding)

lowann

We have a blue brindle Neaplolitian Mastiff female. Gentle as can be, but looks VERY intimidating to strangers. I think she would lick them to death.
Her registered name: Victoria Gotti  aka: Vic

clubcalve

Our border collie pictured, A german sheperd, and a jack Russle 

Attachments

• 4-H, CC, and Polevaulting Pics 069.jpg
    4-H, CC, and Polevaulting Pics 069.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 520

Taverli

We have a couple of outdoor dogs---A mix between Labs and Huskies. Then we have the two indoor dogs that think they rule the roost.  Their picture is my avatar (sophie and gracie).  Here is a goofy pic of them at Halloween--We had to dress them up for the grandparents...they got a kick out of them!!  (clapping)

Attachments

• smgraciesophiehalloween.jpg
    smgraciesophiehalloween.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 594

farmboy

the smartest dog i ever owned was a shiatsu cross, he was smart, like actually intelligent. he knew when you were talking to him. we used him for everything, he was an awesome hound dog. i don't know what happened to him  :'( there will never be another one of him  :'(

LinZ

I have or have had everything nearly at one point. When I used to live on a bigger farm in Alabama we had hunting dogs that were awesome pets. Pitt Bulldogs and Plott Hounds. I know some people are against bulldogs but if you get them as pups and raise them right I don't think you could ask for a better dog. Plott hounds are really good as well...especially for tracking...We used both breeds for hog hunting and still do. Have had at some point or another Great Dane, Irish Setter, Scottish Terrier, Jack Russel, Old English Sheepdog, Cur Dogs, Fiests, Blue Tick, Bloodhound and a few others. Right now we(family) have a border collie, just lost our blue heeler Zip last year, a border collie/aussie mix out of our border collie female and I know have a CORGI lol... I've been bitten by the Corgi bug thanks to kanshow and have Callie.

LinZ

red

(lol) this has been the most popular poll by far! 93 selections so far!

Red

HVNR

Eddie is our latest addition. 8 wk old Corgi Tri Male. We are having a blast with him and we have only had him for three days. We also have a Border Collie and two beagles.

Attachments

• Eddie.jpg
    Eddie.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 171

P-F

Dixie and Fly The worst cow dogs ever but don't tell them

Attachments

• Apr 11 2008_0050 1.JPG
    Apr 11 2008_0050 1.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 160

LoVeShOrThOrNs

We don't have your typical "farm" dogs at my house. We have 1 miniture snauzer (sp?), 2 German shorthairs, and 1 yellow lab....lol