What is the greatest bull ever?

Help Support Steer Planet:

What is the greastest bull ever?

• Total voters

titan

Ok here is what is going to happen.

If there is a bull that has proved to you that it is the best bull that you have ever used just post a comment on here and i will put it in the poll and we will have people vote on which is the best bull. We will never stop taking names of bulls. feel free to vote on the poll.

Thanks!

flacowman

on our farm it was Wyoming Wind (charolais)

all time for the industry I would hazard a guess at Mitty in Focus (angus) simply because he has the most progeny of any bull unless I'm mistaken

For clubbies definitely heat wave

For Maine I would lay money on Cunia

CLMAngus

I'm partial because my family used to own part of him, but how about PS Powerplay? He led semen sales for several years and his influence is still around. You did say ever.  But I would put Heatwave up there because of his influence because no Angus bull can claim the breed change of him. And I don't know other breeds.

OH Breeder

There was a cool thread that had bull bracket. I can't remeber the name of thread but it was loaded with bulls and was set up like the play offs. Votes were taken and I can't remember who the champ was. Have see if I can find that one.

MCC

Gotta be Who Made Who. Steers won every major show and now his females are some of the most sought after in the clubby world.

flacowman

So what bull do you think it should be then Jody?  Not tryin to be snarky but let's all try and contribute positive feedback

hamburgman

Goodpoint, from that standpoint a guy would have to choose a Holstein bull really because of large amount of dairy products produced.  I would be willing to bet that daily milk output is higher than daily meat slaughter.  I will be the first to say I am wrong if someone knows where to find the real numbers.  That would make milking shorthorns and guernseys the show cattle of the dairy industry then really.