What is the greatest bull ever?

Help Support Steer Planet:

What is the greastest bull ever?

• Total voters

MCC

the truth said:
MCC said:
Gotta be Who Made Who. Steers won every major show and now his females are some of the most sought after in the clubby world.

the clubby world makes up such a pitiful, small % of the cattle industry.. 

Maybe, but we have a larger % than pitiful milking Shorthorns. (thumbsup)

flacowman

I would have to agree Hamburgman, I forget the name of the bull that is in almost all of the modern american and European Holsteins, I'll have to look for my old abs book and find him

hamburgman

So I couldn't take it and here are my numbers 13.7 billion lbs. of milk from this website http://www.thedairysite.com/news/26615/us-milk-production and for beef I used this one http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/am_ls830.txt 
I went 128,000 x 1500 pounds x 65% x 31 = 3.868,800,000 lbs

Now this isn't the greatest way to compare, i realize there are problems, (only 23 states for the milk, years aren't even the same etc., but it looks like dairy has such a large lead that it will be hard for beef to catch up.

flacowman

The holstein bull who is progenitor of nearly 11% of all holsteins worldwide is Round Oak Rag Apple Elevation...i think that qualifies him for greatest of all time in semen volume, calves sired, breed changing, and historical recognition.  Case closed lol

kfacres

flacowman said:
The holstein bull who is progenitor of nearly 11% of all holsteins worldwide is Round Oak Rag Apple Elevation...i think that qualifies him for greatest of all time in semen volume, calves sired, breed changing, and historical recognition.  Case closed lol

apparently all the dumb asses out there think that a "pitiful small %" of the industry being clubby means a "pitiful" group of cattle who make up a small %.  Dummies who don't have a brain. 

Bradenh

your horrible man. that isnt nessicery to post on a thread. and im (next to you) the most argumentative person on the board. but that could have been solved through p.m not im public. not very classy on your part at all. not much new however

hamburgman

Ya count me in, I read your comment as the clubby world is a very small percentage of the cattle industry.  Right or wrong? explain please if I am wrong.

hamburgman

I am suprised we haven't seen Master of Puppets up here yet ShowStopper. (clapping)

flacowman

I took it as a pitifully small %, menaing tiny.  The only pitiful thing around here is you.  My post about the holstein bull was completely unrelated to you and was simply an answer to the original post.  I wonder what kind of pleasure drives you to have such an acid personality on here.

Sincerely,
Just one of the dumb asses out there

Bradenh

hamburgman said:
I am suprised we haven't seen Master of Puppets up here yet ShowStopper. (clapping)
i was absolutley on a roll that day pahaha. i wonder where my MOP representitive is? they need to get on the ball with the promos.

MCC

I want to apologize to the milking Shorthorn people.I didn't mean to run your cattle down. I reacted in anger to a post from a smart a$$. Truth, I deal with know it all grad students like you all day long. I don't know why you are mad at the world but I hope one of these day's you wake up and realize you don't know it all and everyone has a right to their opinion whether you agree with it or not.

Bradenh

the truth said:
MCC said:
Gotta be Who Made Who. Steers won every major show and now his females are some of the most sought after in the clubby world.

truth. you are not lining up here. look at where your comma is. im 15 years old but i know enough to know that the way that is written out is to say you are reffering to something different than what you are saying you are. and if not, you are the one without a brain because you typed it up. everyone on here read it the same way exept you. coincidence??? i think not. re read that with consideration as to where your comma is placed

titan

Hey guys, this topic wasn't created for you guys to run down every other cattle industry besides the ones you are in. this topic was simply made for people to post the bull that they simply think is the best bull ever. And then i will put it on the poll and then people vote on them. That is simply all that is to it.

Thanks,
                                                                                  Titan

Aussie

Stockman 365, EXT, Leachman Right Time, P.S.Power Play, Wyoming Wind, Leachman King Rob, BJR Make My Day
Sorry to break up the "who can get highest up the wall" boys here are a few names to pick apart.

Freerider

the truth said:
MCC said:

The name of the site is "SteerPlanet" so its not surprising there's going to be support for a club bull, who happens to make good club cows.

There's lots of $$$$ spent in the 'Club' business.

advocate

All hail jody kabat self proclaimed savior of the cattle industry. If your the messiah I quit.

Bradenh

you know. . . ive voted but ive been thinking. . there is this proven calving ease sire that me and advocate know much about that i think would get at least one vote for greatest bull ever. not sure what his name is but he is a red angus x jersey owned by a young man named jody. advocate can i get an amen?

cowman 52

Need to think back a little farther-- bulls that turned things around--  Angus might have been great northern--  maay have been the first of the big cattle-- and maybe theworst attitude-- power play  also- hereford -- hatchette  and clown-- where do you think barbers and breeding  got their operations going--  cunia-- how a bull that has been gone all these years still be in demand--- the chi's  saved a lot of angus breeders from disappearing when the cattle market got real bad in the 70's--  the milking shorthors-- between them and the maines the shorts hare a power breed again--

heat wave and all these bulls that roam the semen catalogues now -- none can hold a light to what these bulls did years ago <cowboy>