Wonder why guns and bullets keep going up in price...this explains it. N/C

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

mark tenenbaum said:
Doc said:
-XBAR- said:
I'm on the jobsite now. Is this the work you want your children doing? 

If that is what they want to do, all they have the mental capability to do or can't find a job in their chosen field. I'd rather see them do that instead of sitting at home drawing welfare money or unemployment check . There's nothing wrong with doing manual labor. Not every kid is cut out to go to college. I'm in the body shop line of work and I know a lot of guys that if they are a good body man they can make $70 to $100k a year./// In alot of cases-its all they have the opportunity to do-because they come from poor familys-Ive been in construction along time,and you get very few computer oriented well educated types with any interest-unless thier family is big in the business-The highest paid guys around here are the hvac techs-and although alot of them didnt come up with money-they are all pretty smart O0

Mark, I don't know that I agree totally with your statement. I think that if someone really wants to go to college , has some brains, wants to really apply themselves , they can. There is a lot of grants and scholarships out there for low income kids , that are not available for kids coming from middle income families. Trust me , I've researched it a lot with having two daughters in college.
You are right about the HVAC techs. I did HVAC work for 5 years right after college and our top guys made good money.

RyanChandler

Haha, Mark. Those are the type of guys we get out here installing dry utilities.  If it weren't for the meth epidemic, the only white guys on the site would be superintendents. 

mark tenenbaum

-XBAR- said:
Haha, Mark. Those are the type of guys we get out here installing dry utilities.  If it weren't for the meth epidemic, the only white guys on the site would be superintendents.  
/// Actually-although they dont want to be-they are white-navigating the bullet flying,break dancing,ho-pimpen dangers of the local suburban malls-I need to come down there where theres work and people have a sense of humor-lol O0

knabe

Society won't tolerate hiring white males anymore for jobs like that.

It's almost as if the government is doing to them what they did to black males 40 years ago with the great societty.

mark tenenbaum

knabe said:
Society won't tolerate hiring white males anymore for jobs like that.

It's almost as if the government is doing to them what they did to black males 40 years ago with the great societty. Govt? maybe thier parents-when I came up in construction-it was black people and hillbillys (now referred to as rednecks) the black people didnt want thier kids in construction -and alot of them ended up in whitecollar-semi white collar,or steady jobs that were not as dependent upon the weather or as much upon the economy.Same for some of the rednecks-they are still in construction-but in more specific skill levels-like carpenters,electricians,plumbers hvac. The white collar second gens-are not in construction at all-they didnt get sent to college to become manual laborers-and unless they played sports etc.-are just not generally the manly (lol) get things done,know how to check the oil,can drive a 6 speed,type of guys that farm people (farm girls are just as good in most of these areas)ARE. And they no longer have any curiosities or motivations to have that kind of common sense-approach-or background. LET THE MEXICANS -or the Greasemonkeys do it.meanwhile-some of the lower eschelon get out into the service world-make alot of money-and thier kids go to college-and are now working in banks,manager trainees at Fast Food places-whatever-they work because they have to-WHERES THE GREAT SOCIETY,GOVT,DEMOCRATS, etc come into play? This is a pattern that has gone as long as people have come here. O0

knabe

Subsidizing stasis by playing for people to stay put in the name of fairness is wasteful.

When buggy whips are no longer needed, we shouldn't subsidize either their production or their lack of production.

It ties up too many resources from the private sector and fosters disincentives, disastrous lending practices, and destroys the moral benefit of work.

mark tenenbaum

knabe said:
he's a poser. kinda like icy hot stuntaz

http://www.gunlaws.com/GunshotDemographics.htm/// Now yu tawkin-dont make no diffence do-de gons be hot-an they need to slow it down by putting some heat in the right direction-I was agreeing all along-just allegorically wid pictas uv my bad ass bruthas uv da mall yall. Not to change the subject-the finish line of the Bostion Marathon has just been bombed-THINK ALLOWING A CULTURE OF VIOLENCE is positive?-Im 10 times as redneck as alot of people-but we need to register pipe bomb materials too O0

knabe

The last assault weapons ban had no clear effect on gun-related violence. A 2004 study for the National Institute of Justice at the Dept. of Justice concluded that the assault weapons ban, which also regulated “large-capacity magazines” (LCMs), that lasted from 1994-2003 did not have an easily observed impact on gun crime. Gun-violence rates did decline over that period, but the researchers wrote, “we cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation’s recent drop in gun violence.” That’s because such weapons were rarely used in gun crimes even before the ban. As important, the authors wrote that were an assault weapons ban reinstated, “the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement.”

but lets ban them anyway instead of enforcing the law because liberals know best.  ask daniel pearl.  typically the only reason to enact new laws is selective enforcement or campaign donations.

knabe

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades…

Despite national attention to the issue of firearm violence, most Americans are unaware that gun crime is lower today than it was two decades ago. According to a new Pew Research Center survey, today 56% of Americans believe gun crime is higher than 20 years ago and only 12% think it is lower.

critical stat.  only 12% think.

RyanChandler

I think it's funny you're scared of your neighbor smoking a little pot but the same individual having a high capacity auto loader causes you no concern.

KSanburg

What I find funny is how everyone wants to drag all of these other subjects into the gun control debate. What is so hard to understand about the 2nd amendment? I think it is one of the easier amendments of the constitution to under stand. Why is it that everyone wants to put their own spin on all of these things, I know we want to see them in our own idea or what we believe them to mean, but the 2nd amendment is just plain simple.

RyanChandler

Mtnman said:
What I find funny is how everyone wants to drag all of these other subjects into the gun control debate. What is so hard to understand about the 2nd amendment? I think it is one of the easier amendments of the constitution to under stand. Why is it that everyone wants to put their own spin on all of these things, I know we want to see them in our own idea or what we believe them to mean, but the 2nd amendment is just plain simple.

If that's the case, why aren't fully automatic rifles protected by the second amendment? Why aren't RPGs protected by the second amendment?  I think everyone will agree there should be a line drawn. The only question is where.

The other topics are brought up to question the personal responsibility position opponents of gun control hold.  Either man is responsible enough to govern his own actions or he is not.

knabe

30,000 die every year from auto death and a whole host of other avoidable deaths.

why not just outlaw cars?  i mean even if it saves one life, it's worth it.

if you get to draw your line, then i get to draw mine.

heck, at it's rawest, one could argue if they were the ethics chair at princeton, that we should kill people that have brain waves consistent with serial killers before they kill.  it's really just about drawing a line.  people seem to have NO concept of someone else drawing the line on what they disagree with.

gun violence is down even though the population and guns are way up.  it appears things are heading in the correct direction.

really, democrats just want to ban guns for the whole world so that the only people that have them are the ones that democrats have jurisdiction over.  just like hitler.  by the way, hitler mandated gun ownership and took it away at the same time.  he took them from people he didn't like, and mandated them for people he liked.

democrats sound more like hitler every day.  and to think democrats like to stick the hitler label on conservatives, but when it comes back at them, somehow they cry foul.  typical behavior of a good hypocrite.

knabe

-XBAR- said:
If that's the case, why aren't fully automatic rifles protected by the second amendment? Why aren't RPGs protected by the second amendment?  I think everyone will agree there should be a line drawn. The only question is where.

The other topics are brought up to question the personal responsibility position opponents of gun control hold.  Either man is responsible enough to govern his own actions or he is not.

maybe the line is responsibility.  for some reason, democrats don't like responsibility, like that phone call at 3 am in the morning.  either obama is responsible or he's not, and apparently he is not.  so let's impeach him.