Wonder why guns and bullets keep going up in price...this explains it. N/C

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

chambero said:
You really cant and shouldnt legislate morality.  Perduading people to do right works better thsn trying to force them.

hmm.  when persuasion fails, what then.  seems it's more of a progression than an either or.

fear of punishment through legislation for "immoral" acts, seems a pretty good, though imperfect motivator for a large percent of the population.

mark tenenbaum

knabe said:
So if we can tax transfer of assets, why not tax everything the same and get rid of most of the IRS and tax return infrastructure, compliance infrastructure and lower the rates.

Treat everyone the same. What a liberal idea. I'm for ending discrimination, just so long as the left regally means it, but of course they don't.
//// If they taxed everybody 10%-rich or poor-the revenue would be huge compared to the currant loophole driven system,which is pro business-as were the founding fathers-I know it was a perfect world-but alot of them owned slaves<wasnt no rap stars to look up to then.-there was no tax;there werent even computers yatta yatta. As for elininating descrimination-nobody really means it-thats why they enact laws to maybe put a dent in it-like letting people of color go to school-I dont think anyone  wants thier daughter around da fresh blood-with the drugs,a gun,and pants on the ground-And in some extreme cases to end up on the welfare roles with a momma baby? I dont-and Im the first to admit it. And Im not any party-it depends upon the issue at hand-And thats part of the deal-its about dealing with the changes around you:because there are alot more people-yea yea,makes more criminals. Taking the Constitution as a completely literal concept is sorta like not allowing a sick child to see a doctor because some how the bible doesnt allow it. O0

knabe

Which parts of the constitution should not be taken literally?

The commerce clause?  Which has definitely been abused on a massive scale or excessive executive orders basically allowing the president to move towards tyranny without congressional or judicial restraint.

knabe

Which parts of the constitution should not be taken literally?

The commerce clause?  Which has definitely been abused on a massive scale or excessive executive orders basically allowing the president to move towards tyranny without congressional or judicial restraint.

Also, I think the founders on par we're a little smarter than their counterparts are today. They witnessed tyrannny firsthand and understood very well what they were trying to protect against as opposed to today, we are writing laws that all sides admit would and will not stop what the law is supposedly being written for.  Both doses know full well the law is being written to enable a database to be used with "accidental" leaks like is happening now and for other purposes.

knabe

The bill allows doctors to add people to the list with impunity and like in ca now they just come get your guns.

The goal is to take all our guns. From their own lips. Just look at the support for giving the UN control.

People are in denial the goal of liberals.

That's why I still believe at some point there will be a tipping point.

"progressing" slowly is the strategy to enact more liberty erosion. At some point people will just look up and say what happened but it will be too late and people will repeat the whole process.

RyanChandler

mark tenenbaum said:
knabe said:
So if we can tax transfer of assets, why not tax everything the same and get rid of most of the IRS and tax return infrastructure, compliance infrastructure and lower the rates.

Treat everyone the same. What a liberal idea. I'm for ending discrimination, just so long as the left regally means it, but of course they don't.
///.

As for elininating descrimination-nobody really means it-thats why they enact laws to maybe put a dent in it-like letting people of color go to school-I dont think anyone  wants thier daughter around da fresh blood-with the drugs,a gun,and pants on the ground-And in some extreme cases to end up on the welfare roles with a momma baby? 
There's no way a man of your awareness could really spew this shit with any level of sincerity. 

mark tenenbaum

-XBAR- said:
mark tenenbaum said:
knabe said:

///.

As for elininating descrimination-nobody really means it-thats why they enact laws to maybe put a dent in it-like letting people of color go to school-I dont think anyone  wants thier daughter around da fresh blood-with the drugs,a gun,and pants on the ground-And in some extreme cases to end up on the welfare roles with a momma baby? 
There's no way a man of your awareness could really spew this **** with any level of sincerity.  /// Well its a somewhat tougue in cheek take on a growing problem-and that is teenagers having children-almost a status thing-maybe a little off course-but a friend of mines daughter-became more or less what I was describing-instead of going to college and getting a life-they arent quite the country (REDNECKS) that I grew up with-but the  culture of poverty and the whole aura that comes with it -made them do what alot of the rich folks down South do-put the younger one in private school. And they are definitely prejuduced against that type of lifestyle and behavior: But its a change that is here-that is part of peoples in-aliable rights (to a point) I dont have to like it-so I say so. O0

knabe

People acted like adults in the past, had responsibility and their word was worth something.

For example, a good number of the founders were young, ie Alexander Hamilton.

here's a link of how people are wasting their money sending their kids to get an education, but instead, get indoctrination and nothing even close to critical thinking.

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4702

shortyjock89

At least USC is a private school, and voluntary to attend.

I was told in high school that I couldn't have The Da Vinci Code or Pillars of the Earth in the school. Turns out I could, but wow.

I also know lots of kids that were home-schooled that have told me dinosaurs didn't exist and the fossils were put there by the devil. And that genetics are something scientists made up to make money.  So there's more than one side to that.

chambero

Pillars of the Earth is one of the best novels I have ever read.  Really not sure why that one would have ever been banned anywhere.  Da Vinci code I get (heck - it should be banned as an exampe of poor writing ability, not content). 

Knabe - life isn't that bad here.  Go get yourself a beer, or two or three.  You probably need to go ahead and serously stock up to ever survive the next 3.5 years.  Nobody ever said we had to like everything all the time.  If the world really ends between now and then, Obama and the Democrats won't have had a thing to do with it. 

knabe

Plenty of home school kids who aren't like that. People like to use anecdotal evidence of finding an exception to invalidate something they disagree with in all cases. Faulty logic.

knabe

chambero said:
Nobody ever said we had to like everything all the time.  If the world really ends between now and then, Obama and the Democrats won't have had a thing to do with it. 

Course not, they'll blame bush.

knabe

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Plenty of professors who aren't like the one you posted.

i'd venture to say that the number of one's who are like the link far outnumber the one's on the other end of the spectrum.

and when students try to get people who are to the right to speak on campus, students protest rather than even, heaven forbid, expose themselves to an alternative position.  it's almost as if the whole notion of critical thinking is lost.

mark tenenbaum

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
But having children early is part of what traditional marriage is all about! Just because something like teen pregnancy might hit closer to home for you today, doesn't mean it wasn't more prevalent in the past.  /// In the past-girls had babies at 13-because over the years so many wouldnt survive-but I wasnt talking about marriage-I was taliking about illegitimate kids-where the mother gets a welfare check for each one-and the most confusing day in the area is fathers day-with none of them around-it has become an accepted part of the thug culture (for lack of a better description)- O0

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/05/teen-pregnancy-rate-lowest-in-two-decades/]

http://[url

RyanChandler

knabe said:

I'm as liberal as they come and I don't want to ban guns.  Is that anecdotal?  

And for reference, what do you mean when you name drop 'liberal?'  Conservative liberalism? Economic/Keynesianism liberalism? Social liberalism?
As for me, I prefer JFK's definition: " A liberal is someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions...someone who cares about the welfare of the people."