2010 display bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

mp

Someone asked in an earlier post about passing go but didnt get a reply. I am also curious about him anybody see him? Love his pedegree, alot of angus, should be an easier calver. Curious about anyones  opinions.

kfacres

personally, I'd like to see a list of the bulls that were on display, and their pedigree, defect status, and breed...  It seems this thread just goes in circles.. and hard to follow....  Anywhere that I can find this?

Once, I see this, I can search for pictures... 

oakbar

Wernacres Off Road looks like a pretty darn good bull to me.    He is out of JIT's bull Wolf Willow Major Leroy who goes back to the Prairie Lane Sparkle cow and it doesn't get much better than that for Canadian blood lines.  I don't know that much about his bottom side but he looked like a really good, big footed, stout bull to me. 

Bone2011

Blackhawk said:
Did anybody see any maine bulls on display? Also what were the maine bulls like in the pen show or in the yards? Did any stand out that a guy should think about using? Looking for one to add bone and muscle. Any help would be helpful.Thanks
Blaine Nagel had a pen bull out of sooner that was flat out awesome.

DakotaCow

The monoply son, Passin go was not right in terms of structure. If he was standing still you didnt catch it but when your really evaluated him from the ground up (as all cattle should be evaluated) he was constantly shifting his weight on his pasterns and appeared to pop his pasterns just as he stood there. The mere memory of watching him walk to the display brings the taste of bile to my mouth.

shorthorngirl2010

Maybe I missed it (VERY possible).. but I'm rather surprised I haven't seen any comments on Serious Business & his bull calf that was displayed next to him.  I realize that he (Serious Business) walked soft on that hind foot, but the bull calf w/ him IMHO was just flat good.  I see some awesome females comin' out of both bulls on display.

Chap

Sly said:
What did everyone think of boardwalk?
i liked him a bunch.  stout and smooth, good looks, i wish he was a nickel taller, but i think he will have his place on larger framed cows.  I thought he was long enough, just a tad short statured.

ATM OH

Was the I-80 bull on display in Denver and if so what did people think?

Telos

GC said:
Blackhawk said:
Did anybody see any maine bulls on display? Also what were the maine bulls like in the pen show or in the yards? Did any stand out that a guy should think about using? Looking for one to add bone and muscle. Any help would be helpful.Thanks
Blaine Nagel had a pen bull out of sooner that was flat out awesome.

Nagel is one awesome Maine breeder IMO. Always liked his program.

DFSC

oakbar said:
Wernacres Off Road looks like a pretty darn good bull to me.    He is out of JIT's bull Wolf Willow Major Leroy who goes back to the Prairie Lane Sparkle cow and it doesn't get much better than that for Canadian blood lines.   I don't know that much about his bottom side but he looked like a really good, big footed, stout bull to me.   

Thank you for the information! I will do a little research, but he is looking pretty good :)