Bad Weather

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

Boy here in Iowa tonight we sure are having some bad weather, several tornados. Talked to my son and of course one of the cows decided to calf in the middle of
a monsoon0- hehe

showgirl2010

I know its a "gulley washer" right now.  (lol)  We have one trying to calve too, but we are fortunate to have her in the barn.  I wish you luck justamom and pray ya'all stick this out.  (thumbsup)

Jamie

doubled

Thanks, he had several in the barn but of course the cow he didnt think was gonna calf did right in the middle of the storm, he said they sure had alot of wind too,
I sure hope this is not of sign of the Iowa weather for this summer and spring to come, we are never gonna get in the fields here.  We wanna haul some poo but cant do
that either.  I sure hope everyone in the storms are all ok, I hate bad storms. At least momma and calf are ok.

garett

The weather has been really crappy here too. It has been raining a lot the past few days, and then now today there sere sveral tornado warnings but luckily it was on the other side of my county so it stayed over there then moved in up into Iowa where I guess now its hittin Justamom. Hope everything is alright for you guys though!!

Garett

DiamondS

Definately thinking of you!!

We've had a lot of rain, the grounds extremely saturated, and my cows are sick of mud.  Only supposed to be 43 degrees tomorrow with rain and 30 mph winds.  I'm not impressed with mother natures sense of humor.

Hope all is well!

doubled

I actually heard the Snow word today for tomorrow, I sure wish Spring would come. Ya know I heard that about the moon and such.  Eastern Iowa is still gettin it and it looks bad
again here to the south.  Hope them dumb cows hold off till daylight, sure glad my son is doing all that work now since he is on his own and has all the cows at his house, I sure
dont miss checking cows in the middle of the night.  My ohter son is coming back to Iowa tonight from Indiania and he ran into alot of bad weather driving. 
Southern Iowa all winter has taken it in the shorts and now is getting it again in the spring.

showgirl2010

This particluar cow has been at home for 2 months because we thought she was gonna calve...and in hte barn for about 2 weeks...tonight seems to be the night we'll get a new memeber of the family.  Cant wait!

I am not impressed either diamond, but storms do get me all excited.  Their so neat.

Jamie

doubled

showgirl2010 said:
This particluar cow has been at home for 2 months because we thought she was gonna calve...and in hte barn for about 2 weeks...tonight seems to be the night we'll get a new memeber of the family.  Cant wait!

I am not impressed either diamond, but storms do get me all excited.  Their so neat.

Jamie

They scare me to death, been through a couple of tornados not fun

shortyjock89

justamom said:
Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Yep, my Sonny cow is calving right now...my sister just called me...

Aint it great

Oh yes...My dad is gonna go in after it if it doesnt go ahead and decide to come out in another hour.  She has calved on her own on her last two calves.  I know she can do it, but we don't like to wait around, just to be sure......I really do wish I were home though...it would make me feel a bunch better....

showgirl2010

justamom said:
Yep, my Sonny cow is calving right now...my sister just called me...

Aint it great

Oh yes...My dad is gonna go in after it if it doesnt go ahead and decide to come out in another hour.  She has calved on her own on her last two calves.  I know she can do it, but we don't like to wait around, just to be sure......I really do wish I were home though...it would make me feel a bunch better....

I don't know how you could handle going away for college.  I am going to the closest colleges no matter what just so I can be home with my babies.

Jamie

Shebet21

Here in Western Wisconsin we're getting it now. Rain, sleet, wind gusts over 50 mph. If it's not fastened down it's blowing around, it's crazy. We're supposed to get 3-7 inches of snow before it all quits.  I'm so ready for some nice dry weather.

doubled

Wow that sounds horrible, especially the sleet stuff, I know in Wisconsin you get alot of bad weather.

showgirl2010

If that don't stink.  I don't think we'll be getting any winter weather here in SO IL.  It is so warm we have the door and windows open.  I thinks its like mid 60s at the moment.

Jamie

doubled

showgirl2010 said:
If that don't stink.  I don't think we'll be getting any winter weather here in SO IL.  It is so warm we have the door and windows open.  I thinks its like mid 60s at the moment.

Jamie

Gosh Im gonna come live with you  (lol)

TJ

justamom said:
Wow that sounds horrible, especially the sleet stuff, I know in Wisconsin you get alot of bad weather.

It was extremely windy here a few times today.  We've had some storms dodge us earlier today & tonight, but only had wind, some light rain & thunder.  However, a really bad one is just southwest of us &  it is heading northeast... probably 10 miles away... translation... we are about to get hammered!! 

TJ

OFS, I hope that Sonny cow has that calf & everything is OK.  Bout to get rough here, we just lost the satalite signal...