Bulls that sired the "meanest" calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jive Turkey

Easy for me back in the 90's....Yuma.

KK New Design was a close 2nd.

Dusty

I've heard more good Sugar Ray's went to the sale barn than ever went to the showring....

ZNT

Ildeno
Sugar Ray
Full Throttle (wonder why they named him that?)

dimebag

Play Ray for me .. they were mean but they were good ! Still have daughters in the herd .

Jive Turkey

dimebag said:
Play Ray for me .. they were mean but they were good ! Still have daughters in the herd .

Play Ray's were a bit snotty but nothing compared to Yuma's.

Totally forgot about Sugar Ray's.

That bull just looked mean with his scurs and brendal back.

showsteerdlux

CAB said:
EXT's will keep you alert.
You aint jokin one bit. I've had more than one put me over the gate and have been assisted over and through it for that matter. No more of those lines for me.

shorthorngirl2010

EXT... we can always tell which cows have the bloodline in them.  They dont even have to have a calf on the ground to come clear across the pasture to get ya!  Needless to say, those cows are pregged open!

DiamondS

I've had some mean EXT's but I've also had some pretty good tempered ones.  I have to say that the meanest I have been around were JLB Exacto's. Lucy's Boy is a close second though.  I've also had some New Design 1407 that were flat nuts. 

cowz

EXT's are the one's with their head up, snot blowing and one eyeball on the gate!!!

inthebarnagain

My husband used to work Angus sales and he swore you could always tell the EXT's and the Lucy Boy's when they came in because they were nuts. 

My vote though would have to go for the Scotch Caps.  One day my husband went out to find a new baby calf out of our Scotch Cap daughter.  As I am watching him from the barn I heard a horrendous bellow and saw him go straight up a sapling as fast as he could go.  THE COW TREED HIM LIKE A HUNTING DOG TREES A RACCOON!  THEN SHE CIRCLED AROUND UNDER IT FOR A MINUTE OR TWO FOR GOOD MEASURE.  He hadn't even seen the calf yet!

When I was finally able to pull myself up off the ground from laughing so hard I was crying, he came storming past me into the barn and returned to the woods with a baseball bat.  When she charged him the second time he hit a home run!

SKF

farmerboy317 said:
most heatwave heifers i have seen have a attitude problem.

I have to agree with you on Heatwave daughters. Have one this year and does not have a good attitude!! Now we had a Heatwave steer and he was a puppy dog. All of our Heatseekers were always a pain!!

Telos

Jive Turkey said:
Easy for me back in the 90's....Yuma.

KK New Design was a close 2nd.

I sampled Yuma back in the old days. Can't believe anyone else ever used that bull.  Mine were only semi nuts and never as good as their daddy. He was a pretty good looking bull.

The Limi bull 747 was by far the worst in the crazy department. They were goofy between ears and dangerous to be around.

My experience with Full Flush offspring is that they had an awesome hind leg kick which could be lethal.

justme

Full Flush...nothing more to say on that one lol

We had a bad problem with one Dr. Who.  Put hubby in hospital over a week...been a year and he still has the blood clot from her