COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Wow, Ohio State sure blew Northwestern out! I think they'll get better as time goes on. Just hope the inguries don't beat them.
Go BUCKS!!!

Red

gatorbait

TJ said:
Also, I've got to give it up for Kentucky's quarterback, Andre Woodson, who is now the all-time NCAA record holder for most consecutive passes without an interception.  He's also led UK to back to back, come from behind wins in the 4th quarter, over teams with leading heisman candidates (Brohm & McFadden).  Plus, through 4 games, UK is averaging 47 points per game with Woodson at the controls.  (clapping)

Woodson should be in the heisman debate...right behind Tebow. I don't know were the rest of Florida was but Tebow came to play ball or at least run up the gut for five yards every play 27 carriers you would think he's a running back they still exist don't they? 

TJ

bluegrass said:
I thought Andre Woodson was already in the Hiesman debate? Isnt he leading the votes on ESPNs website?

Well, he was the top vote getter in the preseason ESPN fan poll.  ;)

The ESPN week 4 fan poll currently looks like this...

#1 Woodson
#2 McFadden
#3 Tebow

However, fans don't vote in the real Heisman poll, but a lot of actual Heisman voters do have Woodson in their top 5 right now.  These next 4 games will be a huge test for Woodson & for Kentucky... Florida Atlantic, South Carolina (next Thursday night on ESPN), LSU & Florida. 

shorthorns r us

anyone else talikng about OU's freshman QB, sam bradford.  they are scoring tons of points and he has been impressive.  the ou news media, i mean okc news media are talking quietly about it.  if he leads the sooners past  texas in impressive fashion, doesn't he become a contender?

TJ

shortdawg said:
After that the  (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) will welcome the cats ! ;D

Looking at our remaining schedule, it is proabably as tough as any schedule in the country.  South Carolina, LSU & Florida are all in a row & then we face Miss St & Vandy & then we close the season out with UGA & UT.  Now if that isn't a stout schedule, I don't know what one is.  And that isn't even counting the potential rematch with LSU!   ;)  ;D ;D  8)  (clapping)

TJ

SRU said:
anyone else talikng about OU's freshman QB, sam bradford.  they are scoring tons of points and he has been impressive.  the ou news media, i mean okc news media are talking quietly about it.  if he leads the sooners past  texas in impressive fashion, doesn't he become a contender?

Bradford is getting some love already & Oklahoma looks pretty impressive.

TJ

JbarL said:
wvu....36       sfu.......20       watch the wvu freshman kid from fort meyers....whoop up on his fl buddies....( if they let him play more than 9 mins) this fri night
jbarl        go   eeers

My granddad was from Morgantown, WV & some of my distant relatives still live & have businesses in that area.  Of course, my granddad was a huge Mountaineer Football fan!  He would've been proud if he could see how that program has progressed in recent years.  As for me, I've tried rooting for WVU football & even though I like them, I just can't do it on a regular basis...  I bleed UK BLUE!!   

With that said, I hope that WVU beats the Louisville Cardinals BIG when those 2 teams play!! 

SKF

USF 36  WVU 20 will be more like it!!  But I do hope ot see Noel Devine have a good game because he is from our area southwest florida just wish he was playing for  a Florida school.

TJ

SKF said:
USF 36  WVU 20 will be more like it!!  But I do hope ot see Noel Devine have a good game because he is from our area southwest florida just wish he was playing for  a Florida school.

I like WVU's chances, but USF has a good team & anything can happen.  Right now it's looking like the top 4 teams in the Big East will be WVU, Rutgers, USF & Cincinnati, so this game will be huge for both teams.  UL could easily factor into that top 4 equation, but their loss to UK still has that UL team & their fan base in a state of mutiny & after the Syracuse loss the following week, I just don't know if they will be able to recover... right now it's all gloom & doom.  However, if UL does recover, look out, because they are downright dangerous on offense & have perhaps the most dangerous WR in the US (Harry Douglass). 

TJ

Heading to Lexington, KY in about an hour or so, to watch UK play Florida Atlantic tomorrow around noon.  Hopefully when I return tomorrow night, UK will be 5-0!  But, they have beaten Minnesota this year & they are a very athletic group of Florida kids.  Plus, they will be absolutely fired up to play us, due to us being in the spotlight so much the past couple of weeks, so this game might get a little interesting if we don't bring at least our B game.  Still, I like our chances of winning big.  A win would also make us 10-1`over our last 11 games heading into our game this Thursday night against Steve Spurrier's Gamecocks on ESPN.  I just hope that our players aren't looking ahead to this Thursdays game... if they are FAU will give us all that we want & more. 

TJ

TJ said:
SKF said:

I like WVU's chances, but USF has a good team & anything can happen.  Right now it's looking like the top 4 teams in the Big East will be WVU, Rutgers, USF & Cincinnati, so this game will be huge for both teams.  UL could easily factor into that top 4 equation, but their loss to UK still has that UL team & their fan base in a state of mutiny & after the Syracuse loss the following week, I just don't know if they will be able to recover... right now it's all gloom & doom.  However, if UL does recover, look out, because they are downright dangerous on offense & have perhaps the most dangerous WR in the US (Harry Douglass). 

Sitting in a hotel room in Lexington, KY right now. 

I watched the USF/WVU game earlier.  Congrats SKF!!  South Florida was really fired up, out hustled WVU & held on for the win.  I think that they will do well in the Big East this year & right now, they might even be the favorites to win it!!  It would have been interesting to see if WVU could have come back had White not gotten hurt, especially since it ended up being as close as it was.   But, hats off to USF... they are going to make some noise this year... already have!!

In other Big East news... Willie Williams, a starting linebacker for Lousiville, has been kicked off the team following an arrest.  A couple of other Cardinal players were with him at the time... it's getting donright ugly in "the ville"... I don't know if their fans can take much more... they already want the new head coach fired yesterday!!     

TJ

TJ said:
Heading to Lexington, KY in about an hour or so, to watch UK play Florida Atlantic tomorrow around noon.  Hopefully when I return tomorrow night, UK will be 5-0!  But, they have beaten Minnesota this year & they are a very athletic group of Florida kids.  Plus, they will be absolutely fired up to play us, due to us being in the spotlight so much the past couple of weeks, so this game might get a little interesting if we don't bring at least our B game.  Still, I like our chances of winning big.  A win would also make us 10-1`over our last 11 games heading into our game this Thursday night against Steve Spurrier's Gamecocks on ESPN.  I just hope that our players aren't looking ahead to this Thursdays game... if they are FAU will give us all that we want & more. 

After watching USF beat WVU, I am reminded that any school with the name "Florida" in it, will be athletic & can play some football.  However, Florida Atlantic is not USF & I still like our chances tomorrow (I picked us to win 59-17 in a contest), but they could very well make a game out of it, especially if we come out flat. 

BTW, best wishes to all the fans of other college football teams playing tomorrow, especially Shortdawg's Dawgs & Gary Bob's Razorbacks!!  However, let it be know that that my well wishes don't apply to the following teams that I will be strongly rooting against...

Florida Gators, South Carolina, Southern Cal, Notre Dame, Michigan, Lousiville, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY... THE FLORIDA ATLANTIC OWLS!! 

Can't wait for tomorows game... I'm hyped... I can't sleep & can't wait to go watch he Cats & cheer them on tomorrow...  C - A - T - S  CATS  CATS  CATS!!!!

Well, the Cat Walk starts @ 9:30 - 9:45 AM & it's almost 1:30 AM, so I better at least lay down & try to get some sleep.   

aj

K-state plays texas today. If....if they can beat texas they may have a heck of a run set up. I still think that the big north will be Missouri 1st, k-state2nd, then nebraska or ku third. I have been wrong a couple times in my life however. (clapping)

SWMO

GO MIZZOU!!!!! ;D  They just have to get around Nebraska in a couple of weeks?  Thankfully that game will be on Mizzou's home turf.

red

oHIo plays the golden Gopher's today. They have one of the worst records for fumbles & loss of yards. Hopefuly they don't get cocky!

Red

SKF

Florida rules in football!! ;D    At least at the college level I wish our pro teams were better.