COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

shortdawg said:
TJ, Congrats on the KY win over L'ville. That was one of the more exciting games I've seen in some time as was the Bama/ARK game. Your QB is really showing his experience by not missing reads and that last one was the best.

Thanks, it feels good to finally be ranked!!  We are #21 in the AP poll, #17 in the ESPN U poll, #20 in the CBS poll & #23 in the coaches poll.  However, we can't celebrate too much yet... we will have our hands full this weekend when we travel to Arkansas to face Darren McFadden & Co.   For anyone interested, it will be shown live on ESPN 2 @ 7 PM Eastern/6 PM central.    Several NFL people think that McFadden & Woodson might go #1 & #2 in the draft, so that will only add to the hype of this game. 

RE the UL/UK game...  it was a crazy, back & forth game, but that was just about what I had expected.  Both teams made several critical, key plays & both teams made some big mistakes too.  I am just glad that we pulled it out at the end, because most (not all) Cardinal fans are really obnoxious & I couldn't stand having to listen to them for another whole year!!   What I am excited about the most is the fact that we intercepted Brohm (1st time this season that has happened), stopped them in the red zone once (1st time that has happened this season), sacked Brohm 3 times (his 1st sacks of the season & would have been 4  if not for a penalty), held them to only 6 offensive points in the second half & we held them to 34 points total (they were averaging 65.5) & only 27 of those points were scored by their high powered offense.  Anyway, it was a good win for us against a top 10 team in a rivalry game & a huge step forward for our program, but it isn't the SEC.   ;)     

I agree about Woodson & his reads, but for some reason he just isn't quite hitting on all cylinders this year with his accuracy, like he was late last year.  However, the kid is only 14 passes away from the NCAA record for the most passing attempts without an interception & he's completing 68% on the year, so I really shouldn't complain & maybe my expectations where/are a bit unrealistic.   I try to be objective, but it's really easy to get a little biased at times.  ;)   

I also agree about Bama & Arkansas... what a fun game that was to watch too, even though I only got to watch parts of it (too busy watching UL/UK!!).   Both of our teams will face those 2 teams next week and those will be 2 very interesting games. 

Congrats on your win & best wishes next week against the Tide! 

The Rich Brooks show is coming on right now... gotta go...  ;D

red

Go Bucks! won their first road game of the season. A really young team so have my fingers crossed during every game. Just wish they weren't all on cable this year. Takes all the fun away listening on the radio.

Red

TJ

red said:
Go Bucks! won their first road game of the season. A really young team so have my fingers crossed during every game. Just wish they weren't all on cable this year. Takes all the fun away listening on the radio.

Red

I must admit that I am not much of a Buckeye fan, nor am I a Big 10 fan, but I think that you will be pretty happy with the Buckeye's final record this season & I wouldn't be suprised if they won the Big 10. 

gatorbait

will not talk smack until after lsu will not talk smack until after lsu..... maybe if I can remember that I won't have to eat to much crow. Go Gators!!!! somebody buy Tebow a cape!

shortdawg

Gatorbait, I've been watching South Florida today and they are a pretty good ball team. They have a date with the Gators in 2010. They are probably the 2nd best team in FL right now. (dog)

shortdawg

TJ, I almost forgot to ask, are you nervous yet ? We sure have a tough one tonight in AL. We one last time we were there and Coach Richt's team always plays well on the road. Good Luck !  (dog)

TJ

shortdawg said:
TJ, I almost forgot to ask, are you nervous yet ? We sure have a tough one tonight in AL. We one last time we were there and Coach Richt's team always plays well on the road. Good Luck !  (dog)

I'm a little nervous... not as much as last week, although it's not gametime yet.  ;) 

What concerns me the most is a possible Kentucky let down after that highly emotional rivalry game last week against UL.  UL looked hungover today & lost by 3 points to Syracuse, despite outgainning the Cuse & in the history of the UL/Uk series, both teams traditonally do come out flat the following week & usually struggle.  Arkansas is a much superior team when compared to Syracuse & the Razorbacks have as much talent at RB as you will find in college football... we can't have a let down or we will get pounded.  Still, I like our chances, but I think that this one could go either way.  We have as much or more offensive firepower & we are more balanced.  Defensively, I give our secondary a big edge over their secondary (but they are going to be running not passing) & I think that the front 7 of both teams is fairly close.  Only time will tell which team comes out of this one victorious.  For anyone interested, the game will be shown live on ESPN 2 at 6 PM eastern/5 PM central... in about 30 minutes. 

Some interesting observations... I was finishing up bailing a small patch of hay earlier, so I missed a good part of the early games, but...

What about Ole Miss & Florida?
What about Ball State & Nebraska?
What about Syracuse & Louisville? 

Weren't those 3 crazy games!!  I have a feeling that UGA/Bama & UK/Arkansas games are going to be just as crazy tonight. 

BTW, best wishes to the Bulldawgs against the Tide!!

Show Heifer

Anyone watch the Iowa/Wisc game?  Iowa darn near won that game with 4 players suspended, 4 on the DL list. So in other words, Iowa about beat #9 wisc with their second string, and a VERY young QB!  Does that mean Wisc is overrated or that Iowa is better than everyone thinks???? :p

And what was up with that officals mess right before half time??  What a mess and what a joke!

shorthorns r us

how bout them cowboys.  not dallas, the black and orange ones from ok state.  what did you all think of mike gundy's imitation of bill parcells going ballistic on the media.

shortdawg

I'm so proud of my dawgs  ;D !  (dog) All I heard all week was Saban this and Saban that. He's a heck of a coach but nothing was said about our road record until we WON ! UGA improved to 23-3 on the road under Coach Richt and 9-2 against ranked teams on the road. Since 2001 ( Richt's 1st year ) we are second in the SEC in wins with a 64-18 record to LSU's 66-16. There's a lot of football left to be played but I think my dawgs will be OK. Ole Miss will be a challenge next week and it won't let up. Last night Lee Corso said " Try to pick the worst team in the SEC " ???!!!???  (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog)

garybob

TJ said:
shortdawg said:

I'm a little nervous... not as much as last week, although it's not gametime yet.   ;)   

What concerns me the most is a possible Kentucky let down after that highly emotional rivalry game last week against UL.  UL looked hungover today & lost by 3 points to Syracuse, despite outgainning the Cuse & in the history of the UL/Uk series, both teams traditonally do come out flat the following week & usually struggle.  Arkansas is a much superior team when compared to Syracuse & the Razorbacks have as much talent at RB as you will find in college football... we can't have a let down or we will get pounded.   Still, I like our chances, but I think that this one could go either way.  We have as much or more offensive firepower & we are more balanced.  Defensively, I give our secondary a big edge over their secondary (but they are going to be running not passing) & I think that the front 7 of both teams is fairly close.  Only time will tell which team comes out of this one victorious.  For anyone interested, the game will be shown live on ESPN 2 at 6 PM eastern/5 PM central... in about 30 minutes. 

Some interesting observations... I was finishing up bailing a small patch of hay earlier, so I missed a good part of the early games, but...

Weren't those 3 crazy games!!  I have a feeling that UGA/Bama & UK/Arkansas games are going to be just as crazy tonight. 

from a Razorback to a Wildcat, I'd like to say "good game", and, shake your hand in Sportsmanlike conduct.
Congrats,
Gary Bob

shortdawg

I'm still sticking with my prediction that LSU will win it all, SEC and Nat'l championship. I love my DAWGS but that LSU team is tough. They will play FL, GA, or KY in the SEC Championship Game. (dog)

TJ

shortdawg said:
I'm still sticking with my prediction that LSU will win it all, SEC and Nat'l championship. I love my DAWGS but that LSU team is tough. They will play FL, GA, or KY in the SEC Championship Game. (dog)

;)  ;D

TJ

garybob said:
TJ said:
shortdawg said:

I'm a little nervous... not as much as last week, although it's not gametime yet.   ;)   

What concerns me the most is a possible Kentucky let down after that highly emotional rivalry game last week against UL.  UL looked hungover today & lost by 3 points to Syracuse, despite outgainning the Cuse & in the history of the UL/Uk series, both teams traditonally do come out flat the following week & usually struggle.  Arkansas is a much superior team when compared to Syracuse & the Razorbacks have as much talent at RB as you will find in college football... we can't have a let down or we will get pounded.   Still, I like our chances, but I think that this one could go either way.  We have as much or more offensive firepower & we are more balanced.  Defensively, I give our secondary a big edge over their secondary (but they are going to be running not passing) & I think that the front 7 of both teams is fairly close.  Only time will tell which team comes out of this one victorious.  For anyone interested, the game will be shown live on ESPN 2 at 6 PM eastern/5 PM central... in about 30 minutes. 

from a Razorback to a Wildcat, I'd like to say "good game", and, shake your hand in Sportsmanlike conduct.
Congrats,
Gary Bob

Thanks, Gary Bob!  All I've ever heard is how classy Razorback fans are & you certainly fit that bill.  It was an ugly game for both sides, but I'll take the win.  Even though your team came up short, you have a lot to be proud of.  McFadden & Jones are the real deal & no doubt are the best set of RB's in the nation.  Your defense was really fired up too!  I think that your team is going to give opponents fits this year.  I wish you guys the best the rest of the season. 

Even though your Razorbacks lost, they really had me nervous a few times, espcially toward the end of the 1st half.  Hard to believe that we were able to mount a comeback in the 4th quarter, on the road, with our 4th string RB (who is a true freshman) after our top 3 RB's went down with injuries, our top DB Trevard Lindley also went down with an injury & our top WR, Keenan Burton was only about 75% due to a sprained ankle the last 2 weeks.  But, Woodson has led us to 5 successful 4th quarter come from behind victories during the last 2 seasons & we are a 4th quarter team, so I knew we would probably make a surge, I just didn't know if it would be enough.  I'm just glad that our defense was able to step it up when it had to. 

BTW, I don't know  if you know this or not, but that big, rowdy crowd (6th most in Arkansas history) helped Arkansas score the saftey that led to 9 points last night.  On the saftey, Woodson called a running play to the right, but he checked out of it & audibled to run the same play to the left.  Our Oline heard the audible, but our RB did not because of the crowd noise & he ran right into Woodson, so credit your fans for a busted play.  To make matters worse, we had to kick off to Felix Jones, who ran the kick back for a score.  Your team should be extra proud of it's fans & their support of the team. 

I am just glad that we don't have to face Arkansas again this year.  I also am glad that we don't play any other SEC teams this weekend... we need to heal up. 

TJ

shortdawg said:
I'm so proud of my dawgs  ;D !  (dog) All I heard all week was Saban this and Saban that. He's a heck of a coach but nothing was said about our road record until we WON ! UGA improved to 23-3 on the road under Coach Richt and 9-2 against ranked teams on the road. Since 2001 ( Richt's 1st year ) we are second in the SEC in wins with a 64-18 record to LSU's 66-16. There's a lot of football left to be played but I think my dawgs will be OK. Ole Miss will be a challenge next week and it won't let up. Last night Lee Corso said " Try to pick the worst team in the SEC " ???!!!???  (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog)

I was suprised that it went into OT, but glad that you guys took care of business on the 1st offensive play in OT.  Bama is an improved team & you guys should be proud of the victory.  Ole Miss gave Florida all it wanted, so that could be a tough game.  My sister in-law (wife's sister) is an Ole Miss graduate, but I'll be pulling for you guys.

23-3 is an impressive road record!  Good thing for us that we get to play you guys on your home field this year.    8)

TJ

I've got to give it up for my Kentucky Wildcats who are now ranked 14th in the AP poll after come from behind road victory over Arkansas (42-29)!!  Also the Wildcoats are now ranked anywhere from 12th - 15th in the Coaches poll, CFN poll, ESPNU fan poll & the Sagrin ratings.  If we can beat Florida Atlantic, we will be 10-1 over our last 11 games & 5-0 on the season.   (clapping)

Also, I've got to give it up for Kentucky's quarterback, Andre Woodson, who is now the all-time NCAA record holder for most consecutive passes without an interception.   He's also led UK to back to back, come from behind wins in the 4th quarter, over teams with leading heisman candidates (Brohm & McFadden).  Plus, through 4 games, UK is averaging 47 points per game with Woodson at the controls.  (clapping)

TJ

Show Heifer said:
Anyone watch the Iowa/Wisc game?   Iowa darn near won that game with 4 players suspended, 4 on the DL list. So in other words, Iowa about beat #9 wisc with their second string, and a VERY young QB!  Does that mean Wisc is overrated or that Iowa is better than everyone thinks???? :p

And what was up with that officals mess right before half time??  What a mess and what a joke!

Didn't watch it, but sure wish your team had beaten Wisconsin!  I was pulling hard for Iowa in that one. 

jason

LSU vs. USC would be my guess for the National Championship Game, Oklahoma has looked really good against some weak competition.  It will be tough for LSU to stay unscathed, because the SEC is loaded with good teams.

DL

shortdawg said:
Congrats shortdawg - we heard a lot about Saban this and Saban that and then he left MSU before the playoffs - wouldn't hurt my feelings to have his team lose all year long  (clapping) (clapping) GO DAWGS!!