High school karma

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

Why is it that "moderators" can drop or raise everyones karma at their free will, but we as members have to wait an hour to change someones (good or bad)???? Does that seem fair? Yes, red, go ahead and keep mine falling. I find it funny yours is so high and can't be fixed. You dropped mine 4 times in 6 minutes (which would have taken me 4 hours to do)  And where did you find ted?
And since this karma thing is being used like a high school "nah, nah, nah"  (argue)  and the playing field isn't fair between moderators, "special people" and members, maybe we should just get rid of it? What does everyone think????
I used to enjoy it, but seems like a bunch of recycled grass now.

Simmymom1

What exactly does your "karma" number mean??  I just noticed mine is at a (2), why is mine so low?  I have never said anything negative, always good stuff.  Just wondering....... ???

red

Ok, I admit i have acted a little childish but I find it interesting that so have you & DL. why is it that you can dish it out but you can't take it? I admit that after you started taking away my karma i knocked off 3 of yours at once, I guess there are some perks of being a moderator. yes, it was childish but I am only human.
I'll agree to stop if you also agree to quit taking mine just because you don't like what someone else said. As far as others, I hardly have control over them. I have given 173 karma points to people since it started. I think that has probalby been more than anyone.

Sorry for being childish but i guess we all have our moments!

Red

Simmymom1

OOps I guess I said something good, it just got bumped up to a (3)!!  Whoo Hooo (clapping)

knabe

i guess i have to fess up here.  i suggested the change in karma as a way to guard against karma drops to allow for some accountability.  it's ironic that some of my original karma drops have found it in themselves to add to my karma lately.  i like it because it links a karma point to the post and does two things, if it's a drop,you reevaluate your comments, if it's a rise, you found some common ground.  some people don't reserve the karma for comments that i make, and only a couple of times did i wimp out, thanks SRU for correcting me, both times.  i usually find it pretty difficult to get offended.  i consider this website a boon to everyone's communication skills.  it's well used, a wide diversity of topics are covered.  i think my karma distribution percentage has got to be over 95% positive.  i sometimes make sure i increase it for people i disagree with, or to someone who makes a controversial point and shows improvement in taking others into consideration.  there is no perfect system.  this post is similar to checks and balances, just like the senate and the house and the president and the courts.  i think everyone has noticed dusty's karma change, especially since he started out in negative territory, as well as minimoo i think.  i'm pretty happy with it considering i have received a lot of venum for my nihilist comments, even though i do believe in a higher morality.  even that statement is conflicting, in a logical sense, because believing is all we humans have.  even in science, we never prove anything, we only fail to disprove.

red

as far as Ted, I have no idea who that is or what you're talking about.

Simmy- Karma is supposed to be either a positive or negative thing. It is used when a good or bad post or thread is read. Some people use it to express their likes or dislikes of people. I'm sorry that i have fallen into that category myself.

Show Heifer- practice what you preach please. you've blasted me that you've accused me of doing that haven't even been true. Like I said, I stop taking them away myself in a show of good faith.

Red

Simmymom1

Thanks Red for the information on the "Karma" thing.  I really do love this website, it has been the most helpfull and most informative one that I have ever been on and I appreciate that very much!  I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE Steer Planet.  Maybe someone will raise my karma up to a (5) now.  ha ha  (thumbsup)

justme

Can you all just take it someplace else?  Doesn't it get old?  It's like teasing a dog...expect to get bitten if you tease it.  The whole darn thing gets really old.

showsteerdlux

Simmymom1 said:
Thanks Red for the information on the "Karma" thing.  I really do love this website, it has been the most helpfull and most informative one that I have ever been on and I appreciate that very much!  I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE Steer Planet.  Maybe someone will raise my karma up to a (5) now.  ha ha  (thumbsup)
Now your bout past me.

Simmymom1

Justme -   Wow, I was just joking.  I did not think that I said anything wrong. I guess I was wrong about this being different than the other websites.... I was just wondering what the "Karma" think meant.  I am sooooo SORRY.  Remember, I WAS one of the good guys.  Again, I am SORRY..... :(

justme

Simmy-I gave ya karma didn't I?  Not sure what I said to make you upset.  I was talking about the "bickering".  Your a good guy in my book (thumbsup).

Simmymom1

(angel)  Thanks Justme.... I was worried I said something wrong.  Thanks you are a "good guy" in my book too.  I don't like it when people bicker either.  I just love all the information and the friendship I get off of this website.  Thanks

OH Breeder

justme said:
Can you all just take it someplace else?  Doesn't it get old?  It's like teasing a dog...expect to get bitten if you tease it.  The whole darn thing gets really old.

woof woof (dog)

Simmymom1

I just have to say one last thing... I went from a (2) to a (7), I am feeling mighty lucky today, I might buy some scratch off tickets on the way home from work!     (lol)   Thanks

Turkey Creek Ranch

I honestly never really paid much attention to karma. It is just a "reputation" thing is what iv taken it as. Just dont see why some ppl think its so important. IMO

CAB

As I'm typing this, I don't even know what my Karma count is, but if someone needs or wants Karma, you can have mine. I'm an old goat, and I'm going to post up whatever I feel anyway. Lol.

jason

Really it is not meant to be taken to seriously.  I actually thought it was a great to give a positive comment or just to send a quick message to someone.

I have suspended the 1 hour wait time until this weekend, I don't think it will make a big difference, but I am always up to trying something new.

jason

Simmymom1 said:
I just have to say one last thing... I went from a (2) to a (7), I am feeling mighty lucky today, I might buy some scratch off tickets on the way home from work!    (lol)  Thanks

8 now, please share any winnings with me.  ;D