A & M vs Nebraska

Help Support Steer Planet:

JSchroeder

What about the picked up passing interference?  It wasn’t interference, the guy who threw the flag didn’t have a good perspective and reversed his call when he consulted with those that did.

If you want an unbiased opinion, what did the ABC crew say about it?

Holding your temper in the Cotton situation???

Yeah, if you care about winning a game, and all you had to do was look across the field to see a team that did it just one week ago.  Unfortunately that would require a level of composure that hasn't existed at Nebraska in quite some time.

Regardless, what does that have to do with the refs being biased?

And seriously, what part of the box score are you guys looking at that causes you to think you would have won that game if it weren't for the refs?  The only part of the game Nebraksa outplayed A&M in way was punting and I'll take a +2 turnover differential over 10 yards per punt any day of the week and twice on Saturday.  Your OL getting absolutely blown up and stepping on Taylor Martinez and the later Taylor Martinez interception well within field goal range had more to do with that result than two blown calls.

hereford

STOP WHINING NEBRASKA FANS!

You had plenty of chances to score a touchdown. Typical, trying to blame your loss on the refs.

(clapping)

chambero

A team that didn't kick Lawrence Phillips off their squad disqualifies themselves from Ever griping about another teams failure to discipline a player

knabe

Dusty

chambero said:
A team that didn't kick Lawrence Phillips off their squad disqualifies themselves from Ever griping about another teams failure to discipline a player

I have a hard time ever imagining that Lawrence Phillips would ever suit up for one of Pelini's teams.

husker1

Pretty obvious I'm not going to win here, but kinda fun stirring the pot.  

Its going to be an interesting week with lots of questions...

Martinez stays or goes???

Bo is disciplined?????

The A & M "grabber" is disciplined???

The sun comes up in Nebraska again??? ;D

Smile, everyone....it is just a game that everyone learns from.  At least we all still have Barack as our President!!!!! ::)

JSchroeder

Let’s all just agree it’s not personal, just football.  Except AJ.  He's just a jerk.

Perhaps it’s because I don’t feel like getting to work this morning but the more I think about it, what the heck game did you guys watch?

Throw out all of the off screen personal fouls, the Cotton penalty, unsportsmanlike conducts, holding, and questionable passing interferences.   Only count the one unquestionable passing interference, blatant late hit, false starts, illegal formations, and the intentional grounding call.

Nebraska still had eight penalties to A&M’s one.

Rushing and passing yardage were both dead heats.

Nebraska turned the ball over well within your kicker’s field goal range twice, one of which lead to an A&M score.

What is it about that game you guys think you earned a win for?

aj

Could Nebraska file a series of law suits against the big 12 because of the poor referee'ing? If they could get the Texas and A and M game over turned wouldn't they be in the hunt for a national championship? It couldn't hurt.Pictures don't lie.

Bradenh

hereford said:
STOP WHINING NEBRASKA FANS!

You had plenty of chances to score a touchdown. Typical, trying to blame your loss on the refs.

(clapping)
thank you lol its over and aggies have a w and nebraska has a big fat L O0 tough titty

aj

I guess its good he didn't punch those two girls wearing the a and m shirts. He is one classless bastard.

farwest

Jeff_Schroeder said:
Let’s all just agree it’s not personal, just football.  Except AJ.  He's just a jerk.

Perhaps it’s because I don’t feel like getting to work this morning but the more I think about it, what the heck game did you guys watch?

Throw out all of the off screen personal fouls, the Cotton penalty, unsportsmanlike conducts, holding, and questionable passing interferences.   Only count the one unquestionable passing interference, blatant late hit, false starts, illegal formations, and the intentional grounding call.

Nebraska still had eight penalties to A&M’s one.

Rushing and passing yardage were both dead heats.

Nebraska turned the ball over well within your kicker’s field goal range twice, one of which lead to an A&M score.

The game is over.  Nothing will change it .  It will be a interesting week in lincoln. As dusty said it's off to the big 10.  If nebraska had an offensive coordinater it wouldn't even be a game.  I started the thread, let's end it.  Except for aj, were all descent human beings squabblin over 20 yr old kids fighting over a leather ball.

aj

Will the camera guy file suit agains't Nebraska. I didn't know all this stuff went down.

husker1

Jeff,

This will be my final post on this subject.

This is my opinion (probably not a consensus).  I don't feel we "earned a win".  We certainly didn't bring our A game and made mistakes.  

I am discouraged by the fact that the potential chance to win was taken away by a couple of questionable calls.  The calls probably didn't take away all possibility, but if that roughing the passer is not called, odds are high that the game goes to OT.  Then it is a new game.  That's my arguement.   We didn't earn a win, but got our opportunity to win minimized.

Have a great day, everyone!

JSchroeder

Wait a second farwest  on ending it, it looks like it's just starting to get good from what I can see.  ;)

So now it's the offensive coordinator that cost you the game?  Nebraska is 32nd nationally in offensive yardage and tied for 28th in points per game.  That's a tad bit better than the 99th you guys were last year.

Latest posts