Biblical timeline

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

knabe said:
was the light and darkness created on the 1st or 4th day?

many others.  also many mistranlations in the king james version, one of which is the red sea i think.

Read Genesis 1 for your answer.     

The King James & all of the other English versions are indeed translations.   

knabe

TJ said:
knabe said:
was the light and darkness created on the 1st or 4th day?

many others.  also many mistranlations in the king james version, one of which is the red sea i think.

Read Genesis 1 for your answer.     

The King James & all of the other English versions are indeed translations.     

Genesis 1:3-5 (King James Version)

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:14-19 (King James Version)

14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

JbarL

chambero said:
For anyone interested in the original question that started this topic, there is a very good series on the topic on The History Channel called How the Earth was Made.  At least from the scientific viewpoint.

amazing....seen a part about the geographic locations of the peramids.(ie.. exact  log. and lat. center of the earth ect )...and all of the same tyoe structures ( that engineres cant replicate today )  and astronomy knowlede they shared from brazil...to europe......ect....it was quite fasinating......how did we become so amazingly ignorant compared to what we know from the past ??.........the facts and questions that the sereis raised just further dispelled the big bang therory for me even further....i dont believe the past is reminding us of its science capabilities...i think God is reminding us he made the heavens and the earth......jbarl

Telos

I find that Einstein was very spiritual and his views on religion and God is a fasinating read.

aj

Jbarl.......My interest in the matter stems from the fact that I am a half-assed amateur anthropologist. You get hit in the face with the age deal right away. For instance the "Busse cache site" (google it if you want) is roughly 6 miles from my house. Someone is not correct in their dating. If the sciencetists are wrong how can I prove them wrong. I was brought up in the church. My parents have just celebrated 50 years of marriage. I have never been divorced, hit a woman,lied on a birth weight, on and on and on. I believe in god. But if you study archeology or whatever on a daily basis it just seems like this deal needs to be cleared up. I don't think there should be a divide on the age deal. I am open to it all. To be intellectually honest I need to search for answers. There just seems to be evidence that man has been in the Americas for 16,500 years at least. How can so many people looking at so much evidence be wrong. Most of us aren't questioning gods existence. Some people do. I have been around the athiest's at times. One thing that has struck me that there are religious people coming to anthropology seminars.jmo If nothing else it will get people thinking. ;)

chambero

JbarL said:
chambero said:
For anyone interested in the original question that started this topic, there is a very good series on the topic on The History Channel called How the Earth was Made.  At least from the scientific viewpoint.

amazing....seen a part about the geographic locations of the peramids.(ie.. exact  log. and lat. center of the earth ect )...and all of the same tyoe structures ( that engineres cant replicate today )  and astronomy knowlede they shared from brazil...to europe......ect....it was quite fasinating......how did we become so amazingly ignorant compared to what we know from the past ??.........the facts and questions that the sereis raised just further dispelled the big bang therory for me even further....i dont believe the past is reminding us of its science capabilities...i think God is reminding us he made the heavens and the earth......jbarl

It was called the Dark Ages for a reason.  During that time, humans intentionally destroyed a lot of the written history that we did have.  The Dark Ages basically started when the Roman Empire finally fell apart.  The barbarian tribes that pulled Rome apart and regained dominance throughout Europe were much more worried about survival than learning.  Literacy (which was at least somewhat higher under Roman rule) became almost nonexistent except among clergy.  Much the same thing was happening in the Arab world also.

Even earlier, there was huge library in Alexandria, Egypt that supposedly had collected a lot of the written knowledge from all over the world.  It got burned when Julius Caesar was taking over Egypt and all was lost.  Much of those documents had been gathered by Alexander the Great from all over Asia (including India) and sent there. 

We literally went through almost a 1,000 year period where all organized learning essentially stopped that essentially coincided with the rise of Christianity and Islam.  Both religions were almost having to start the education process from scratch because neither were around when education was valued. 

I believe there a lot more interaction between cultures in the ancient world (BC) than we realize.  I seriously doubt pyramids just happened to be built in both Egypt and South America without knowledge of what the others were doing.  Lots of semi-legends about people discovering North America long before Columbus.  One of my favorites is about the paint horses owned by the Nez Perce tribe in the pacific northwest.  Supposedly they do not trace genetically to anything the spanish brought over.  There was a blue-eyed Indian tribe called the Mandans that might track back to some Welsh people that supposedly came over long before Columbus.  It goes on and on. 

shortyjock89

Chambero, I believe I could talk Anthropology with you all day haha.  I don't know why, but Human history fascinates me.  I believe in God, and I believe in Homo Habilis and all that jazz. 

knabe

chambero said:
There was a blue-eyed Indian tribe called the Mandans that might track back to some Welsh people that supposedly came over long before Columbus.  It goes on and on. 

didn't louis and clark expedition mention blue eyed indians?

chambero

knabe said:
chambero said:
There was a blue-eyed Indian tribe called the Mandans that might track back to some Welsh people that supposedly came over long before Columbus.  It goes on and on. 

didn't louis and clark expedition mention blue eyed indians?

They were the first ones that found the Mandans on the upper Missouri.  The entire tribe got wiped out to the last person by smallpox shortly thereafter before much documentation could be done on them.

TJ

knabe said:
TJ said:
^ There is your answer. 

you mean the first and fourth days?  two sections listed with different days highlighted in red.

I've read those verses several times throughout my life.  I see no contradiction at all, if that is indeed what you are implying & yes, those verses speak about 2 different days... the first & the forth.  

TJ

knabe said:
elaborate please.  i'm not getting it.

Genesis 1:3... "And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light."

1st, it does not say that light was created, it simply says that God spoke & light appeared on the first day.  Keep in mind that the Bible says... "...God is light..." (1 John 1:5).

On day 1, God spoke & light appeared (singular).  On day 4, God spoke again & said... "Let there be lights..."  (plural).  There is a difference between the 2 events.  Singular is different than plural.     

The late Dr. J Vernon McGee believed & taught that God had already created the Sun & Moon & that God brought them around into position on day 4.  Regardless of whether that is correct or incorrect, I know that God could have produced light without a sun until day 4.  I can tell you with 100% certainty that God doesn't need a sun to produce light, He is light.  In fact, in Revelation 22:5... "There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light..."  I'm not sure about any specifics beyond what the Bible says... all I can tell you is what the Bible teaches. 

Again, day 1 (light - singular) & day 4 (lights - plural) read like 2 different events to me.  There is no contradiction.  It's written exactly the way it happened.   

aj

I know in the book"Bones" there was mention of the guy from Europe that ended up going to South America to do some Anthropology work. He was with the church. It almost killed him cause he kept finding stuff that didn't jive with the biblical timeline. He was torn between two trails of evidence.