Special prayer/thought request

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I received a phone call from a lucker that a prayer request be made for his dad who is dying from a liver disease. He is going through a really rough time of being his caretaker. Thank goodness for
hospice.  (angel) (angel)

Red

linnettejane

one of my students developed a tumor on the side of her neck and over the past couple weeks it has grown to the size of an orange....she left for cincinnati children's hospital today, she is very scared, but i told her she was in the best of hands (my little one had to make many trips there herself during her first year and half)....i told her i  would be praying for her and tell everyone i know to pray for her....so....could you all say a little prayer for kayla tonight???  thanks    (angel)

KCK

linnettejane said:
one of my students developed a tumor on the side of her neck and over the past couple weeks it has grown to the size of an orange....she left for cincinnati children's hospital today, she is very scared, but i told her she was in the best of hands (my little one had to make many trips there herself during her first year and half)....i told her i  would be praying for her and tell everyone i know to pray for her....so....could you all say a little prayer for kayla tonight???  thanks    (angel)

(angel)Our thoughts and prayers are with her in Oklahoma! (angel)

red

Cincinnati has an excellent Children's Hospital. We'll be praying for her.

Red  (angel)

fluffer

(angel) (angel) (angel)

For everyone who needs a thought and prayer!!

P.S. My Sister's (half sister) grandmother passed away monday after a long battle with cancer.  She was 90  (angel)

shortdawg

Two local guys, one 30 and one 36, were killed this past weekend. One in a 4-wheeler accident and one was shot along with another guy by their neighbor during an altercation. The shooter was then shot by police.

red

I saw the statisatics on off road deaths/accidents. the number was staggering.

There were 467 ATV-related deaths in the U.S. in 2005, the most recent year data were collected from hospitals and coroners. The results are incomplete and the commission estimates the real number may be closer to 750.

red

my 16 year old niece's seizures have gotten worse. She is also having times of violence during them. I worry about her lifespan & my sister's family.

Red

inthebarnagain

red said:
I saw the statisatics on off road deaths/accidents. the number was staggering.

There were 467 ATV-related deaths in the U.S. in 2005, the most recent year data were collected from hospitals and coroners. The results are incomplete and the commission estimates the real number may be closer to 750.

I used to type for Kosair Childrens Hospital and I typed more reports for children that had been hurt on ATV's than in car wrecks.  Actually in just about any accident.  And these weren't just broken bones, they were serious, critical injuries, most of which was a child too young driving and almost always without a helmet. 

frostback

Well we are in need of some good thoughts. My mother in law who was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier went through surgery, and then had 4 chemo treatments but got so sick after each decided not to have any more, now is in the hospital with a heart rate that is almost double and it has been there for 3 days. They cannot get it to slow down. Good thoughts please. Frostie

showsteerdlux

A young Highway Patrolman was killed in our county about 10 minutes from my house last night by a drug dealer who had been pulled over for a minor traffic violation. He and his wife just had a baby 2 weeks ago and I would greatly appreciate prayers for his family and everyone that has worked with him.

frostback

showsteerdlux said:
A young Highway Patrolman was killed in our county about 10 minutes from my house last night by a drug dealer who had been pulled over for a minor traffic violation. He and his wife just had a baby 2 weeks ago and I would greatly appreciate prayers for his family and everyone that has worked with him.

I did not write this but thought it applied.
AN OFFICERS LIFE

You wonder why he pulled you over and gave you a ticket for speeding.
He just worked an accident where people died because they were going too fast.

You wonder why that cop was so mean.
He just got done working a case where a drunk driver killed a kid.

You work for 8 hours.
He works for up to 18.

You drink hot coffee to stay awake.
The cold rain in the middle of the night keeps him awake.

You complain of a 'headache' and call in sick.
He goes into work still hurt and sore from the guy he had a fight with the night before.

You drink you coffee on your way to the mall.
He spills his as he runs a code to a traffic crash with kids trapped inside.

You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket before you leave the house.
He makes sure his gun is clean and fully loaded and his vest is tight.

You talk trash about your 'buddies' that aren't with you.
He watches his buddy get shot at. and wounded in front of him.

You walk down the beach. staring at all the pretty girls.
He walks down the highway looking for body parts from a traffic crash.

You complain about how hot it is.
He wears fifty pounds of gear and a bullet proof vest in July and still runs around chasing crack heads.

You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.
He runs out before he gets his food to respond to an armed robbery.

You get out of bed in the morning and take your time getting ready.
He gets called out of bed at 2am after working 12 hours and has to be into work A.S.A.P.
for a homicide.

You go to the mall and get your hair redone.
He holds the hair of some collage girl while she's puking in the back of his patrol car.

You angry because you class ran 5 minutes over.
His shift ended 4 houst ago and there's no end in sight.

You yell and scream at the squad car tha tjust past you because they slowed you down.
He's in the drivers seat of the car, going to cut someone out of their car.

You roll your eyes when a baby cries in public.
He picks up a dead child in his arms and prays that is was crying.

You critize your police dept. and say they're never there quick enough.
He blasts the siren while the person in front of him refuses to move while talking on their cell phone.

You hear jokes about fallen officers and say they should have known better.
He is a hero and runs into situations when everyone else is running away in order to make sure no one else gets hurt and loses his life doing it.

You are asked to go to the store by your parents.
You dont, He would take a bullet for his buddy without question.

You sit there and judge him, saying that it's a waste of money to have them around.
Yet as soon as your need help he is there.

shortdawg

Sorry to hear about that shooting.  :'(I have a lot of friends that are in law enforcement and I sure have a lot of respect for them. (angel) (angel)

garett

It was a success, My friend who is just gonna be a sophomore in HS had a bone tumor removed from her leg this morning. It was right below her knee and I talked talked to some family and they said it went well. She will be in recovery for a while then on her way home. It had really been bothering her and was good to get it gone....