About Obama

Help Support Steer Planet:

DLD

knabe said:
anyone ever try the ballot box in local elections with candidates unaffiliated with republicans and democrats?  anyone run for office unaffiliated?  only way things are going to "change"

The county we live in at one time (maybe still does) had the highest percentage of registered democrats in the state. Local and county elections are, for all practical purposes, decided in the democratic primary. All the serious candidates file as democrats, all the serious voters register as democrats - otherwise you'd have absloutely no chance of having a voice, or a vote... The primary will get a larger turnout in the county than the general election. It's not right, nor a good thing, but here anyway, running third party / independant would surely get you nowhere.

Jill said:
You know I've always felt that a 3rd unaffiliated candidate is a wasted vote, but I think this year if you could get a qualified candidate to run I would vote for them.

I agree. I know this isn't what (who) you were talking about, but what do y'all think of the odds of Hillary running third party if she loses the democratic nomination? I hear alot of talk about it, but not in the press. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of hers, but as wild as this one has been and promises to be, it doesn't seem unlikely to me that she might try it...

Latest posts