Shootings!!! N/C

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

See, thats where I fall off. If God created Satan, then didn't he create the evil within him? If not, where did the evil come from? I also thought that Satan was a prisoner in Hell, not the warden.  If he's in charge of the place, isn't he still doing God's work by punishing those unworthy of heaven?

RyanChandler

AAOK said:
-XBAR-

Thank You. I think you may be beginning to "get it".  You can only [size=10pt]imagine[/size] the Comfort, Joy and Peace one experiences at their Salvation. I was 19 at the time, and a true Wild Child. My life changed immediately!  If you want to know your God, and place your Faith on Him, send me an email. [email protected]

IMAGINE? I wonder if you can.

ZNT

AAOK said:

As God's Sons and daughters, He gives us the choice to choose Him, or to choose the world. Choose Him, and fear No evil!

Perfect!  The gun debate is now solved too!  Anybody that believes and trusts in God does not need guns, because they fear no evil, and anyone that feels we must have guns to protect ourselves DO NOT believe.  That makes the only need for guns when you are hunting to feed your family.  And even in that case, a shotgun and a rifle are all that is needed.  And even then, hunting was done for thousands of hears with bow and arrows, so I guess there isn't any need at all.

Thanks for clearing this debate up.

Gargan

-XBAR- said:
Gargan said:
-XBAR- said:

Do you look like that XBAR? i do not, nor does any1 ive ever met.

Clearly you didn't take note of the dates or you would have noticed these other hominids were our predecessors before the modern homo sapiens evolved.
if i made a mold of ET and said i found it digging a silage trench, would you believe in him too?

J2F

Why are atheist so jealous of people who know the lord and put their faith in him?
Why would some one stop and take the time to file papers in a court to get the word "god" removed from a wall or a nativity scene taking down? That is not I don't believe in him but vengeance against him and those who have faith and peace.

Excellent comments AAOK. Let them know we don't condemn non-believers but pray for them to see the light and feel god's love.

J2F

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
See, thats where I fall off. If God created Satan, then didn't he create the evil within him? If not, where did the evil come from? I also thought that Satan was a prisoner in Hell, not the warden.  If he's in charge of the place, isn't he still doing God's work by punishing those unworthy of heaven?

You may want to go to church or talk with your local clergy. You know lots of PIECES of the bible and like to interpret it to fit your view of the world but you need more context to understand it's meanings. IMO.

knabe

atheists are simply missing a space.

most of it's between their ears.

amazing how much they truly hate diversity.

RyanChandler

Gargan said:
-XBAR- said:
Gargan said:
-XBAR- said:

Do you look like that XBAR? i do not, nor does any1 ive ever met.

Clearly you didn't take note of the dates or you would have noticed these other hominids were our predecessors before the modern homo sapiens evolved.
if i made a mold of ET and said i found it digging a silage trench, would you believe in him too?

Well no, but thats because you have no credibility in the matter.  On the other hand, when the most credited scientist in the world form a conclusion, I tend to listen.

J2F said:
Why are atheist so jealous of people who know the lord and put their faith in him?
Why would some one stop and take the time to file papers in a court to get the word "god" removed from a wall or a nativity scene taking down? That is not I don't believe in him but vengeance against him and those who have faith and peace.

Excellent comments AAOK. Let them know we don't condemn non-believers but pray for them to see the light and feel god's love.
Its not jealousy or vengeance....  Its that many people believe your mind set hinders growth and disables your ability to think for yourself.  Many do not want that restriction imposed on others.  

J2F

ZNT said:
AAOK said:

As God's Sons and daughters, He gives us the choice to choose Him, or to choose the world. Choose Him, and fear No evil!

Perfect!  The gun debate is now solved too!  Anybody that believes and trusts in God does not need guns, because they fear no evil, and anyone that feels we must have guns to protect ourselves DO NOT believe.  That makes the only need for guns when you are hunting to feed your family.  And even in that case, a shotgun and a rifle are all that is needed.  And even then, hunting was done for thousands of hears with bow and arrows, so I guess there isn't any need at all.

Thanks for clearing this debate up.

No facts, argumentative, no context what is the point of this post? :-\

nate53

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.  Corinthians 1: 18

X Bar:  for your information the Jewish people are God's chosen people.   I like you XBar but it seems you have so much hate in you (you reject anything that has to do with God and his word).  God gave us all choices (Adam and Eve made a choice), we all make choices everyday that have consequences (good and bad), the choice of whether to accept Jesus as the payment for our sins or to reject it will have eternal consequences for us all.   Here is a very serious ? for Olson, Xbar, and really to everyone, what do you think happens when we die?   Ask yourself this are you willing to sacrifice your soul for eternity if you are in fact wrong about your beliefs or non belief's?

Olson:  Paul who wrote several books in the New Testament, before he got saved, he hunted down christians and had them killed and yet God chose him to write so much of his word and to preach to so many which led to a lot of people being saved (then and even today).  So God can use anybody and anything for good even if we can't see the big picture.  He can even use a tragedy, for if that shooting had not happened would we be discussing this?

But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.  Genesis 50:20

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God:  
Not of works , lest any man should boast.   Ephesians 2:8 - 9

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  John 3:17

I don't pretend to understand everything in the Holy Bible, there are a lot of terrible things that happened in it that I don't understand.  But I have chosen to trust my life to God instead of my own understanding.  Consistently through out there are consequences for not doing the will of God (this is the violence you all seem to be referring to).  If there were no consequences to disobeying God why would anybody obey?  The flood was a consequence of disobedience, the Jewish people being enslaved by Egypt for years and years (consequence for disobedience).  

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.  Isaiah 64:6
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  Romans 10:9

Saved people aren't perfect they still make mistakes, but we have been forgiven through Jesus Christ.  

Sometimes bad things happen to good people, take a look at Job in the Bible or better yet look at Jesus.  

ZNT:  The saved person is safe for eternity, they may die tomorrow in a car crash, shooting, stabbing, bombing, etc. but they are safe for eternity.  This life is as a vapor in the wind.
Perfect people do not need to be saved.  (This idea is a big problem most people thing there is nothing wrong with themselves or anything they do) are you perfect I am not.  Jesus was the only perfect one.

lcattleco.

let the principle carry a gun.  It would have save his life 4 years ago in my school district..

Gargan

The following is a long read but worth while for those that accept it:

Apparently the White House referred to Christmas Trees as Holiday Trees for the first time this year, which prompted CBS presenter, Ben Stein, to present this piece which I would like to share with you.

The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary.

My confession:
I am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. And it does not bother me even a little bit when people call those beautiful lit up, bejewelled trees, Christmas trees. I don't feel threatened. I don't feel discriminated against. That's what they are, Christmas trees.

It doesn't bother me a bit when people say, 'Merry Christmas' to me. I don't think they are slighting me or getting ready to put me in a ghetto. In fact, I kind of like it. It shows that we are all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of year. It doesn't bother me at all that there is a manger scene on display at a key intersection near my beach house in Malibu. If people want a nativity scene, it's just as fine with me as is the Menorah a few hundred yards away.

I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from, that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution and I don't like it being shoved down my throat.

Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship celebrities and we aren't allowed to worship God? I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where these celebrities came from and where the America we knew went to.

In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her 'How could God let something like this happen?' (regarding Hurricane Katrina). Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, 'I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives.And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?'

In light of recent events... terrorist attacks, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found a few years ago) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible says thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.

Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave, because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said okay.

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.

Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with 'WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.'

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.
Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Are you laughing yet?

Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it.

Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.

Pass it on if you think it has merit.

If not, then just discard it.... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what a bad shape the world is in.

My Best Regards, Honestly and respectfully,

Ben Stein

GONEWEST

I have a question. How did this topic become an argument over Christianity? What does it have to do with the topic? Clearly the boy who committed this terrible act was broken, as are the majority of those that have done similar acts are broken. There is a difference between evil and broken. Hannibal Lecter is evil. Joseph Stalling is evil. Many of these people are broken. They don't have the ability to grasp the ideals that you people are espousing. No amount of religion would have prevented these people from doing the things they have done.

As far as the knowing God and fearing nothing goes  ::), the children that were killed did not have to fear death. HOWEVER, their parents certainly are hurting and fearful of their children losing their lives. Their parents are in pain that can't be understood. Knowing God does not stop the fear of sending your child to school and wondering if he will come home alive.

Once again I have to say that I applaud you people for standing up for your beliefs that are so often attacked while other religions are held to some other lesser standard. But once again I have to say that you are not furthering your cause by implying that if only the nation would "turn to God" this wouldn't happen. If you want to talk to these people you are arguing with about their faith, it would better serve you, them, and Christ by talking to them reasonably, rationally, and privately, preferably in person rather than beating them over the head with scripture they know nothing about in a public forum.

RyanChandler

nate53 said:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.  Corinthians 1: 18

X Bar:  for your information the Jewish people are God's chosen people.   I like you XBar but it seems you have so much hate in you (you reject anything that has to do with God and his word).  God gave us all choices (Adam and Eve made a choice), we all make choices everyday that have consequences (good and bad), the choice of whether to accept Jesus as the payment for our sins or to reject it will have eternal consequences for us all.   Here is a very serious ? for Olson, Xbar, and really to everyone, what do you think happens when we die?   Ask yourself this are you willing to sacrifice your soul for eternity if you are in fact wrong about your beliefs or non belief's?

Olson:  Paul who wrote several books in the New Testament, before he got saved, he hunted down christians and had them killed and yet God chose him to write so much of his word and to preach to so many which led to a lot of people being saved (then and even today).  So God can use anybody and anything for good even if we can't see the big picture.  He can even use a tragedy, for if that shooting had not happened would we be discussing this?

But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.  Genesis 50:20

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God:  
Not of works , lest any man should boast.   Ephesians 2:8 - 9

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  John 3:17

I don't pretend to understand everything in the Holy Bible, there are a lot of terrible things that happened in it that I don't understand.  But I have chosen to trust my life to God instead of my own understanding.  Consistently through out there are consequences for not doing the will of God (this is the violence you all seem to be referring to).  If there were no consequences to disobeying God why would anybody obey?  The flood was a consequence of disobedience, the Jewish people being enslaved by Egypt for years and years (consequence for disobedience).  

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.  Isaiah 64:6
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  Romans 10:9

Saved people aren't perfect they still make mistakes, but we have been forgiven through Jesus Christ.  

Sometimes bad things happen to good people, take a look at Job in the Bible or better yet look at Jesus.  

ZNT:  The saved person is safe for eternity, they may die tomorrow in a car crash, shooting, stabbing, bombing, etc. but they are safe for eternity.  This life is as a vapor in the wind.
Perfect people do not need to be saved.  (This idea is a big problem most people thing there is nothing wrong with themselves or anything they do) are you perfect I am not.  Jesus was the only perfect one.

I love God the Creator.  I just don't perceive the concept in the same way you do. All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.  Naturalism.

AAOK

RyanChandler

AAOK said:
-XBAR- said:

God made man,and He made monkeys. 7000 to 10,000 years later, man is still man and monkeys are still monkeys.
It's really quite simple. There is much more hard data for Creation than for Evolution. The link below may help you understand

http://educatoral.com/msh_facts.html

who mentioned 7-10,000 years?

Notice I source the Smithsonian Institute and you source your kids middle school website  (lol)