Wonder why guns and bullets keep going up in price...this explains it. N/C

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

The crime rate per capita of sitting politicians in cslifornia, new York and Illinois is higher than the rate of NRA members.

knabe

-XBAR- said:
Extending marriage rights equally among all Americans.  Extending the freedom to partake if you so choose. Extending the right to Americans to live in any manner you so choose as long as you don't forcibly interfere with the rights of another. 

Extending the right of heterosexuals to use a word that describes their historically unique relationship and not have the definition stolen, the right to transfer property to anyone regardless of marital status and tax free.

There's plenty of ways to interfere with people's rights without using force. I guess when you are on the receiving side of that you might disagree perhaps like the doma. Your circular logic has a whirlpool speed that keeps increasing daily.

knabe

I guess we could vote to take away property rights and as long as someone didn't hurt anyone it's ok.

Funny how liberals contribute the least amount of money to charity and raise taxes on successful peopleso they can give it away as charity.

Funny how it's portrayed as not done with force, but it really is.

Just ask Wesley snipes.

RyanChandler

knabe said:
-XBAR- said:
Extending marriage rights equally among all Americans.  Extending the freedom to partake if you so choose. Extending the right to Americans to live in any manner you so choose as long as you don't forcibly interfere with the rights of another. 

Extending the right of heterosexuals to use a word that describes their historically unique relationship and not have the definition stolen, the right to transfer property to anyone regardless of marital status and tax free.

There's plenty of ways to interfere with people's rights without using force. I guess when you are on the receiving side of that you might disagree perhaps like the doma. Your circular logic has a whirlpool speed that keeps increasing daily.
Historically unique? Lol now you're getting desperate.  Your broad strokes are disabling your ability to think subjectively.  Take away the 'incentives' of marriage (which I propose anyway) and then extend the right of marriage to everyone. This will create a level playing field that should appease both sides- equality at its finest. 

knabe

-XBAR- said:
Historically unique?  pretty clear it is, as is being gay

Take away the 'incentives' of marriage (which I propose anyway) oh, big man, most everyone else has as well. do so how do you deal with estate transfer?  where does it stop.  as usual, you have no specifics. as have i repeatedly and then extend the right of marriage to everyone including parent child to aid transfer of estates to eliminate the incentive for marriage.

This will create a level playing field that should appease both sides- equality at its finest. how about all sides, not just gays and straights, why discriminate?

once again, your circular, desperate, discriminatory logic plays favorites depending upon how people agree with you.

RyanChandler

I'd contend it is you and the platform you support that displays the circular, desperate, discriminatory logic.

I don't support an estate tax so there should be no problem with the transfer.  You should be able to gift what you want.

In the context of marriage, what other sides are there?

chambero

For those of you that hate politicians so badly - regardless of party - go be one.  I mean that in a constructive way.  Go get elected to your City Council or School Board.  You'll probably find it an eye-opening experience.  Things aren't quite so simple once your in that chair.  It's really not that difficult if your community respects you and and you are smart enough to do the job. If you can get elected and are good at it, getting involved in state politics isn't that expensive to get into as a next step.  Then you could do something besides just yak about it all the time.  Don't just say you don't have time - remember that whole "God Made a Farmer" commercial. 

If you can't get elected, your ideas and opinions might not be as universally accepted as you think they are.

If you really want to "fix" things, you better understand and accept the root of the problem - not what you want the problem to be.  The federal government for sure and largely the state governments really have very little to do with most of the issues we are all so concerned about.  Most farmers and ranchers pay a lot more in local, county, & school taxes than they do federal or state income tax.  Your school board has a whole lot more to do with school security and discipline than the federal or state government.  As much as I love HS football, it's pretty easy to pay for a full time policeman or two on campus if we'd do away with one position coach on the football team or not pay that next AD/Head Football Coach's quite as much as the last guy. 

Want to do something about drugs?  Turn your no-good nephew or niece in that everyone in the family turns a blind eye to but you know full well what they are up to.  Want to do something about illegal immigration - quit doing business with companies the hire them.  But wait - that would make your new house cost more or your taxes go up even more because that new highway or school will cost about 25% more.  But then you could at least run those "politicians" in the ground for wasting your money.

Want medical costs and insurance to go down?  Move your 80 year old parents in with yo when they can't take care of themselves anymore.  You'd be surprised how much illness and accidents would be avoided (broken hips, etc) if they had someone helping them.  A lot of this is a function of how the family unit has evolved.  Kids took care of parents 50-75 years ago.  Now - we move far away and putting up with them would crimp our style at home.  That has a cost.

Don't want federal gun control - as I've said before, the gun "community" should control it ourselves.  But in reality, the majority of gun stores and and dealers at gun shows don't care who they sell guns to if they don't have to care.  A positive example of what I'm talking about - a gun store in Killeen, TX called the police a couple of years ago (not too long after the Ft Hood shooter) when a creepy dude came in and tried to buy a lot of ammo in the store.  The police tailed him and sure enough, he was plotting another incident and got caught before something bad happened.  Don't tell me someone, sometime sat next to that Connecticuit kid and a shoting range and didn't think - that is one weird due next to me.  But we all ignore that stuff when we shouldn't.  If we do our best, maybe it will help a little bit and reduce the pressure from the majority of the population that doesn't give a hoot about the second amendment.  It's a democracy folks and we are outnumbered.

knabe

-XBAR- said:
I'd contend it is you and the platform you support that displays the circular, desperate, discriminatory logic.

of course you do.  you fail to realize that you are circular as well.  fail.

knabe

why is it that society will fire the rutgers basketball coach, yet allow two terrorists to teach in our schools?

Kathy Boudin and obama firestarter bill ayers.

talk about circular logic.

one person hurls basketballs and offensive epithets, the others kill people and are teaching our kids.

KSanburg

chambero said:
For those of you that hate politicians so badly - regardless of party - go be one.  I mean that in a constructive way.  Go get elected to your City Council or School Board.  You'll probably find it an eye-opening experience.  Things aren't quite so simple once your in that chair.  It's really not that difficult if your community respects you and and you are smart enough to do the job. If you can get elected and are good at it, getting involved in state politics isn't that expensive to get into as a next step.  Then you could do something besides just yak about it all the time.  Don't just say you don't have time - remember that whole "God Made a Farmer" commercial. 

If you can't get elected, your ideas and opinions might not be as universally accepted as you think they are.

If you really want to "fix" things, you better understand and accept the root of the problem - not what you want the problem to be.  The federal government for sure and largely the state governments really have very little to do with most of the issues we are all so concerned about.  Most farmers and ranchers pay a lot more in local, county, & school taxes than they do federal or state income tax.  Your school board has a whole lot more to do with school security and discipline than the federal or state government.  As much as I love HS football, it's pretty easy to pay for a full time policeman or two on campus if we'd do away with one position coach on the football team or not pay that next AD/Head Football Coach's quite as much as the last guy. 

Want to do something about drugs?  Turn your no-good nephew or niece in that everyone in the family turns a blind eye to but you know full well what they are up to.  Want to do something about illegal immigration - quit doing business with companies the hire them.  But wait - that would make your new house cost more or your taxes go up even more because that new highway or school will cost about 25% more.  But then you could at least run those "politicians" in the ground for wasting your money.

Want medical costs and insurance to go down?  Move your 80 year old parents in with yo when they can't take care of themselves anymore.  You'd be surprised how much illness and accidents would be avoided (broken hips, etc) if they had someone helping them.  A lot of this is a function of how the family unit has evolved.  Kids took care of parents 50-75 years ago.  Now - we move far away and putting up with them would crimp our style at home.  That has a cost.

Don't want federal gun control - as I've said before, the gun "community" should control it ourselves.  But in reality, the majority of gun stores and and dealers at gun shows don't care who they sell guns to if they don't have to care.  A positive example of what I'm talking about - a gun store in Killeen, TX called the police a couple of years ago (not too long after the Ft Hood shooter) when a creepy dude came in and tried to buy a lot of ammo in the store.  The police tailed him and sure enough, he was plotting another incident and got caught before something bad happened.  Don't tell me someone, sometime sat next to that Connecticuit kid and a shoting range and didn't think - that is one weird due next to me.  But we all ignore that stuff when we shouldn't.  If we do our best, maybe it will help a little bit and reduce the pressure from the majority of the population that doesn't give a hoot about the second amendment.  It's a democracy folks and we are outnumbered.

Well said Chambero, I wish I had your tolerance for all of the BS.

knabe

the current expectation is perfection, otherwise we must give up liberties.

yet no one is willing to discuss banning cars or alcohol.

since perfection can not be attained, progressives will keep going after guns and all their other agenda's.

the premise is unobtainable and they know it and therefore hate liberty and freedom and will do anything to discourage personal responsibility or the concept of it and instead teach dependency and no responsibility.

KSanburg

knabe said:
the current expectation is perfection, otherwise we must give up liberties.

yet no one is willing to discuss banning cars or alcohol.

since perfection can not be attained, progressives will keep going after guns and all their other agenda's.

the premise is unobtainable and they know it and therefore hate liberty and freedom and will do anything to discourage personal responsibility or the concept of it and instead teach dependency and no responsibility.

I agree Knabe the lack of people taking responsibility is very troublesome, and all of the issues combined create a huge division among us be it gun control, same sex unions, religon, taxes or whatever, as citizens of our country we all have responsibilities. I think our forefathers took it much more seriously or made the effort. Today there are so many more people and so many different aspects of the things that go on daily in our country it seems almost impossible to keep up and by in large folks don't want to have to deal with these matters and would rather go home and watch their favorite TV show than use their mind and body to make the issue of the day a non-issue.

mark tenenbaum

knabe said:
-XBAR- said:

There's plenty of ways to interfere with people's rights without using force. I guess when you are on the receiving side of that you might disagree perhaps like the doma. Your circular logic has a whirlpool speed that keeps increasing daily. // I dont think anyone has the right to transfer property to anyone-tax free-even if the recipient is from another planet:and although I aint loose in my loafers-the definition of the deal is same sex marriage-certainly not the theft of anything hetero-rather an affirnation of fruits and or lesbians.LOL O0

knabe

So if we can tax transfer of assets, why not tax everything the same and get rid of most of the IRS and tax return infrastructure, compliance infrastructure and lower the rates.

Treat everyone the same. What a liberal idea. I'm for ending discrimination, just so long as the left regally means it, but of course they don't.

brick hollow

Chambero, funny you should mention God made a farmer? If you want to hear something enlightening check Paul Harvey's"  If I were the Devil"  I would provide you with a link, but I am not computer savy!

KSanburg

brick hollow said:
Chambero, funny you should mention God made a farmer? If you want to hear something enlightening check Paul Harvey's"  If I were the Devil"  I would provide you with a link, but I am not computer savy!

Here is the link for "If I Were The Devil".
www.steerplanet.com/bb/the-big.../the-best-of-paul-harvey-1947/

This link takes you to a YouTube link. And this was done in 1947, talk about being a head of his time!

shortyjock89

knabe said:
-XBAR- said:

What about when women were allowed to vote? That changed the family dynamic for hetero couples.  Or when we decided that it wasn't cool to own people as cattle? Or rape victims didn't have to marry the person who raped them? Or that children shouldn't work in sweat shops? These things all re-defined very intimate relationships within families. Have we moved on? Yes. Who does it really hurt for gay people to be married? We threw the traditional view on marriage out the door several times in the past.  I'd just really like to know one really good reason for this to not happen.

chambero

I was referring to Harvey's mention of the farmer making time to be on the school board.

I've heard the devil one many times. 

chambero

I'm pretty conservative on a lot of this stuff and dont like the same sex unions being called marriage, abortion, etc but I dont see the direction we are headed changing.  I'll take care of me and mine and set the best example I can.  But in reality, as others have said, it isn't really hurting me.  You really cant and shouldnt legislate morality.  Perduading people to do right works better thsn trying to force them.

brick hollow

As we move further away from God and the fundamentals that this nation was built on.  I think we will destroy ourselves. Just as Rome did! But it won't take us near as long? I hope I am wrong.

Latest posts