20 million illegal aliens

Help Support Steer Planet:

garybob

I think what has allowed this situation to happen, is, well, 2 things. Specialization/ Higher education(ie, People with Bachelor's or associate's degres that are just too Good, or squeemish to do ''dirty'' jobs) and, second, LAZINESS. Nobody will "WORK"like the WW2 / Great Depression Generation would do. That, in itself left a Big Ol' Hole in the workforce that these people were more than willing to fill.

Yes, Jill, they are probably commiting ID Fraud. That's the case with most of the Illegals. A lower than expected percentage of their sum total actually work for "Cash Under the Table". When this "Mass Exodus" happens ( I think it will), Nobody has put a Calculator to the $$$Millions, maybe Billions of $$$ that won't be going into the Federal Coffers. Get ready for the Beaurocracy to Lay an egg, whenever it happens.

I'm still not going to treat them (as individuals), any differently than I'd treat any other human being. That's all Shortdawg was saying.

GB

Jill

I don't know about other industries but I can guarantee you that in the construction industry they are being paid cash under the table. 
Kansas City has had a huge hispanic community since long before I was born, I'm not racist, they are a community with a rich heritage and culture, they probably do a better job than most of us at taking care of  "family".  I'm not saying they should be treated any differently than any other human being, I am saying if they are here illegally they should be sent home.  There are channels to get into this country legally and those steps need to be followed.
I don't know how you handle the hard working "good" families that are here, but I do know the ones sitting in prisons should be shipped back wherever they came from without batting an eye, why are we footing the bill for another countries criminals?

Here is an interesting story speaking of Tyson, I can tell you that probably not 1 of the 600 being let go can speak english. 

Here is from the Wichita TV Station

EMPORIA, Kansas, Jan. 25, 2008 - Without notice, Tyson Foods held a meeting with employees and announced it was ceasing slaughtering operations at its Emporia plant. That news means 1500 people are now without a job. For people in Emporia, news that the town's largest employer is laying off more than half of its workforce is hitting hard.

Multimedia Watch The Video "When they said that, everyone was kind of in shock," a Tyson Foods employee said.

Tyson foods say the layoffs are part of a company wide restructuring.

In a statement, the company says, "Cattle production has moved from eastern to western Kansas over the past 20 to 30 years, and the Emporia plant is no longer centrally located."

While 1500 jobs will go with the slaughtering operation, 900 employees will stay on the job as part of the ground beef processing line.

Tyson's announcement comes just days after Shult Homes in Plainville announced it was shutting down and laying off its entire workforce. Two major layoffs some believe is a bad sign for Kansas.

"We have to pay attention to this," Emporia Senator Jim Barnett said. "I think this is just another big flag waving at us, tell us we have to control spending and look at our tax structure."

Tyson Foods says despite their layoffs, they're still committed to Emporia. However, long-time employees not affected by these layoffs, say the downsizing has them worried.

"It makes me think, what am I going to do if they shut down the rest of it," a Tyson Foods employee said.

Tyson Foods says the 1500 laid-off workers will remain on the payroll for the next 60 days.

JbarL

garybob said:
Jill said:
garybob said:
He won't be given his Citizenship "Free-gratis", either. He can only be termed ''employee'' during active military service. Sure, knabe( sorry, forgot to capitalize, darn public schools), his army resume will help him get his foot in the door. Actually, Knabe, when He eventually gets his Citizenship, his Family won't "instantly" become citizens. Relax, Man. Seriously,They will qualify first for work visas, then, ultimately, a "Resident Alien" ( persons of this category can do everything legally here,  except own a gun and Vote)status, known as "green card''-- they literally used to be green.

The only way that memebers of his immediate family can become Citizens, is if they Take the Class ( and Pass it. Without English proficiency? Not a chance), then apply. If they pass the screening process (criminal and financial background check), They become Citizens ONLY when THEY THEMSELVES step up and take the initiative on their own, after meeting the requirements, Take the Oath of Allegiance.

There is no Conspiracy out here.

GB

The immediate family has been here sponging on tax payers since he was 13 months old, how exactly do you think this is a good thing??  That means for at least 18 years you have been paying for his education at the very least, you are condoning this?
Sponging???? ??? ??? sales taxes are collected every time they buy something. Witholdings are taken out of His parents' paychecks. They don't get anything back, either. Can't say that about every Illegal Alien, and, Shortdawg and I only want you guys to be more objective about your statemants. Also, Ma'am, we'd also ask you to be FIRST in line at Tyson, or Excel, or, Seaboard, to apply for "Line Work" in a Slaughter Plant (wages won't automatically increase to YOUR idealized level of "living wage") when You guys get your wish for Massive Deportations, and then, the Construction Biz folds and you need a "Town Job". Can you really handle pulling guts out of Chickens 35 of 'em per minute?

Don't get me started on the "Tax" thing, either. You said yourself, you buy Farm and Constructon Equipment every December, in oder to INTENTIONALLY avoid your $$Liability$$.
At first Y'all said 12 Million. Now, the Number has grown to 20 Million. Show me the Numbers.
Have a good 'un,

;)GB
wow.....where do they get the incentive and drive and talent  to being able to "handle pulling guts out of chickens..35 of em' a  minute..... ??.....if we tried to make 25 plus year inmates in our prisons do that to recieve there "get out of jail frre" card in 7 yrs .....would you go along with that??/....or would that be cruel and unusual punishment for an amercian citizen??.......or whould they have to be able to do at least 35 a min.....or could tryson maybe afford  27 aminute....or hows about some kid who owes 2000.00 in back child support and the only place left for him is jail, according to this system...how many would he have to do an hour to make some money, jsut to stay "out" of jail.......seems like even the most unfortunate and down and out imprisioned  "legal "citizens  really arent even avaliable for that work.....might aske em'......then i guess we could officially say...."these are jobs that no  amercian wants"......has anyone seen a "list" of these jobs that amercians wont do?????  id just like to see each area of work...what the job is .....and enlighten my grayed vision of these horrible jobs that our governement and media are simply "assuming" we are aware of.....if paul newman can eat a dozen eggs in prision.......i think he might have taken a shot at the chicken gut pull thing.....fact is....what makes immmagrants  so "unbeatable"...at this labor??
its not there ability.....its there vunerability........they are not taking anymore advantage of us than we are of them......someones just to got to stand up and tell em'....they got hosed by some folks who tried to take advantage of there situation, and folks who were accountable for letting it happen, and benifit them selves...and the consiquences of that will start with the companies/people who exploited them, and  all those who do not have proper papers according to todays laws to be qualified as an amercian citizen will be enforced/ and if that means displacement...so be it....get in line and welcome aboard....if they are lucky that kid will have is back child suport paid...seen whats its like to to that kind of job and maybe motivate him enough, to move on and the same job will still be open from time to time.....or he may meet a nice young lady lady there....fall in love...set a new record of 47/min....become famous plant wide...... .. get married and start a family there.......and become the dayforman for the whole inard dept.  jbarl

Jill

One more thing and then I'm done.  I think it is a 2 way street, I think the employers that are hiring the illegals are also criminals and should be prosecuted as such.  As long as there are people willing to hire illegals, the problem will never be fixed.

Doc

Jill said:
One more thing and then I'm done.  I think it is a 2 way street, I think the employers that are hiring the illegals are also criminals and should be prosecuted as such.  As long as there are people willing to hire illegals, the problem will never be fixed.

Here in TN they just passed a new law & if you hire illegals, on third offense you lose your business license for life. Now I know  there are ways to get around that & get another one but it still makes an inconvience for you & costs you some money.

garybob

JbarL said:
garybob said:
Jill said:
garybob said:
He won't be given his Citizenship "Free-gratis", either. He can only be termed ''employee'' during active military service. Sure, knabe( sorry, forgot to capitalize, darn public schools), his army resume will help him get his foot in the door. Actually, Knabe, when He eventually gets his Citizenship, his Family won't "instantly" become citizens. Relax, Man. Seriously,They will qualify first for work visas, then, ultimately, a "Resident Alien" ( persons of this category can do everything legally here,  except own a gun and Vote)status, known as "green card''-- they literally used to be green.

The only way that memebers of his immediate family can become Citizens, is if they Take the Class ( and Pass it. Without English proficiency? Not a chance), then apply. If they pass the screening process (criminal and financial background check), They become Citizens ONLY when THEY THEMSELVES step up and take the initiative on their own, after meeting the requirements, Take the Oath of Allegiance.

GB

The immediate family has been here sponging on tax payers since he was 13 months old, how exactly do you think this is a good thing??  That means for at least 18 years you have been paying for his education at the very least, you are condoning this?
Sponging???? ??? ??? sales taxes are collected every time they buy something. Witholdings are taken out of His parents' paychecks. They don't get anything back, either. Can't say that about every Illegal Alien, and, Shortdawg and I only want you guys to be more objective about your statemants. Also, Ma'am, we'd also ask you to be FIRST in line at Tyson, or Excel, or, Seaboard, to apply for "Line Work" in a Slaughter Plant (wages won't automatically increase to YOUR idealized level of "living wage") when You guys get your wish for Massive Deportations, and then, the Construction Biz folds and you need a "Town Job". Can you really handle pulling guts out of Chickens 35 of 'em per minute?

Don't get me started on the "Tax" thing, either. You said yourself, you buy Farm and Constructon Equipment every December, in oder to INTENTIONALLY avoid your $$Liability$$.
At first Y'all said 12 Million. Now, the Number has grown to 20 Million. Show me the Numbers.
Have a good 'un,

;)GB
wow.....where do they get the incentive and drive and talent  to being able to "handle pulling guts out of chickens..35 of em' a  minute..... ??.....if we tried to make 25 plus year inmates in our prisons do that to recieve there "get out of jail frre" card in 7 yrs .....would you go along with that??/....or would that be cruel and unusual punishment for an amercian citizen??.......or whould they have to be able to do at least 35 a min.....or could tryson maybe afford  27 aminute....or hows about some kid who owes 2000.00 in back child support and the only place left for him is jail, according to this system...how many would he have to do an hour to make some money, jsut to stay "out" of jail.......seems like even the most unfortunate and down and out imprisioned  "legal "citizens  really arent even avaliable for that work.....might aske em'......then i guess we could officially say...."these are jobs that no  amercian wants"......has anyone seen a "list" of these jobs that amercians wont do?????  id just like to see each area of work...what the job is .....and enlighten my grayed vision of these horrible jobs that our governement and media are simply "assuming" we are aware of.....if paul newman can eat a dozen eggs in prision.......i think he might have taken a shot at the chicken gut pull thing.....fact is....what makes immmagrants  so "unbeatable"...at this labor??
its not there ability.....its there vunerability........they are not taking anymore advantage of us than we are of them......someones just to got to stand up and tell em'....they got hosed by some folks who tried to take advantage of there situation, and folks who were accountable for letting it happen, and benifit them selves...and the consiquences of that will start with the companies/people who exploited them, and  all those who do not have proper papers according to todays laws to be qualified as an amercian citizen will be enforced/ and if that means displacement...so be it....get in line and welcome aboard....if they are lucky that kid will have is back child suport paid...seen whats its like to to that kind of job and maybe motivate him enough, to move on and the same job will still be open from time to time.....or he may meet a nice young lady lady there....fall in love...set a new record of 47/min....become famous plant wide...... .. get married and start a family there.......and become the dayforman for the whole inard dept.   jbarl
First of all, it's called Evisceration, not the "innard department". #2, the USDA inspectors won't let the lines run any faster than 70 aminute, with 2 "Drawers" working on each line. Obviously, other than Show Cattle, you are no more "Agriculturally Literate" than the average Urbanite.

I never said it took brains or talent. Their "drive and motivation" stems from one thing.....hunger.

Going back to tactfull, I can say this: You idea of the "Prison Thing" really is way out there. I'll tell you how I know this. Back in my YoungerYears, my Dad liquidated the Dairy
Herd in 1986 with the Buy-out. Tyson was letting us "School Kids" ( min age of 16) work in the Deboning Dept (We weren't allowed use knives), and, since there was no more bottle calves to feed, Needlesss to say, I got Me a job. This was in 1986, about 7 years before Northwest Arkansas got "discovered". Getting back to the subject..........During this period of time, there were a lot of the "Ex-Prisoner/Biker/Retired Prostitute" type of people working there....Right along side Us teenagers.Many of my Classmates who were working there at the time were introduced to Pot&Meth by some of these "grown-ups". Pull your head outta your........Bee-hind!
May not believe this, but, After 9:45pm, when "We" went home( On 'school' nights), productivity in that Dept fell through the floor. If giddy, hormonally-charged teenage kids can out-work these "second-chance adults" in a Processing Plant, do you REALLY think that your idea would work?

Then again, You probably really don't care, as long as it isn't your town that is a haven for Parolled Thieves, Sex-offenders, and otherwise Idiots. I hope that they try this idea in YOUR TOWN FIRST, dude!
Besides. Sen. Goldwater from CA tried that in the '60's during Vietnam. That was a "flop", too.

GB

knabe

the government needs to keep out of commerce and just enforce the law.  it seems there is too much leeway for those who can't do it in business to set up shop in politics, and provide revenue streams there.  shameful.

garybob

knabe said:
the government needs to keep out of commerce and just enforce the law.  it seems there is too much leeway for those who can't do it in business to set up shop in politics, and provide revenue streams there.  shameful.
Basically, that's what "W" did.

knabe

W doesn't have a conservative bone in his body, and once said "the constitution is just a GDed piece of paper."

I'm thinking he's not even a christian either at this point.
he just coldn't find a bible with a huge photo op cross on it like clinton did.

both of these families are essentially one and a complete disservice to this country.  they can't get rid of it fast enough.

george soros is behind BOTH mccain and hillary.  does that tell you anything??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

garybob

knabe said:
W doesn't have a conservative bone in his body, and once said "the constitution is just a GDed piece of paper."

I'm thinking he's not even a christian either at this point.
he just coldn't find a bible with a huge photo op cross on it like clinton did.

both of these families are essentially one and a complete disservice to this country.  they can't get rid of it fast enough.

george soros is behind BOTH mccain and hillary.  does that tell you anything??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
How much did he approve for Mineral Exploration of Mars? Democrats even thought it to be purely frivolous when W ok'd it.

He's a 'dork' who can't even pronounce "Nuclear" correctly.

GB

JbarL

garybob said:
JbarL said:
garybob said:
Jill said:
garybob said:

GB

Have a good 'un,

;)GB
its not there ability.....its there vunerability........they are not taking anymore advantage of us than we are of them......someones just to got to stand up and tell em'....they got hosed by some folks who tried to take advantage of there situation, and folks who were accountable for letting it happen, and benifit them selves...and the consiquences of that will start with the companies/people who exploited them, and  all those who do not have proper papers according to todays laws to be qualified as an amercian citizen will be enforced/ and if that means displacement...so be it....get in line and welcome aboard....if they are lucky that kid will have is back child suport paid...seen whats its like to to that kind of job and maybe motivate him enough, to move on and the same job will still be open from time to time.....or he may meet a nice young lady lady there....fall in love...set a new record of 47/min....become famous plant wide...... .. get married and start a family there.......and become the dayforman for the whole inard dept.   jbarl
First of all, it's called Evisceration, not the "innard department". #2, the USDA inspectors won't let the lines run any faster than 70 aminute, with 2 "Drawers" working on each line. Obviously, other than Show Cattle, you are no more "Agriculturally Literate" than the average Urbanite.

I never said it took brains or talent. Their "drive and motivation" stems from one thing.....hunger.

Going back to tactfull, I can say this: You idea of the "Prison Thing" really is way out there. I'll tell you how I know this. Back in my YoungerYears, my Dad liquidated the Dairy
Herd in 1986 with the Buy-out. Tyson was letting us "School Kids" ( min age of 16) work in the Deboning Dept (We weren't allowed use knives), and, since there was no more bottle calves to feed, Needlesss to say, I got Me a job. This was in 1986, about 7 years before Northwest Arkansas got "discovered". Getting back to the subject..........During this period of time, there were a lot of the "Ex-Prisoner/Biker/Retired Prostitute" type of people working there....Right along side Us teenagers.Many of my Classmates who were working there at the time were introduced to Pot&Meth by some of these "grown-ups". Pull your head outta your........Bee-hind!
May not believe this, but, After 9:45pm, when "We" went home( On 'school' nights), productivity in that Dept fell through the floor. If giddy, hormonally-charged teenage kids can out-work these "second-chance adults" in a Processing Plant, do you REALLY think that your idea would work?

Then again, You probably really don't care, as long as it isn't your town that is a haven for Parolled Thieves, Sex-offenders, and otherwise Idiots. I hope that they try this idea in YOUR TOWN FIRST, dude!
Besides. Sen. Goldwater from CA tried that in the '60's during Vietnam. That was a "flop", too.

GB

might be worth looking up the sex offenders/ parolees in yours and your neighboring counties living there already........yea i remeber the draft as well....alot of guys got to go to jail or nam.......most choose nam.....chance to seee the world....at least you could tell the parolees and sex offenders by the orange jumsuits they were wearing , and yoiu'd at least  no  who was an amercian who was an illegal limmmagrtant....i thnk its a shame that someone could hold hunger over someones head, jsut to get a job done....i guess that stuff started back around 86'," too...alnog wit all the other    "the buy outs"......wasnt just in your area either.........and it's turning out to be more of a "sell oout"  than a buy out........our country is in a spot now to where we either justify letting employers use "hunger" to do these jobs....or make the jobs a little more motivated in a more humane direction for the "industry"......do we all stand for?      a).....supporting  the rights of these business to continue the use of hunger and fear as the success of there attendence and production performance, and that is the new directon of amercia,....or      b).........start speaking up for the rights of the workers, as the new directon of amercia?.......
the prison scenierio is not as far off base as you may think.....to the extreme of murders/rapists/ect....of course not.......but how many get out early now because the jails are so full.... ....notheing could be as bad as "hide day" at the slaughter house in august...........i was a youngin' once too.......jbarl

JbarL

had to look it up sru.. :D....yes quite a concept........allthe stores in the innercity here sells is cigaretts/lotto tickets/beer/wine/chips and crack pipes.....no fresh veggies/.....no fruit......nothing fresh...quite a shame actually....jbarl

knabe

SRU said:
maybe we should all become locavores. 

THE BEST WAY to redistribute wealth and cycle the money more times through your local community.  it works better than charity. 

knabe

if you subsidize it, it will increase, if you tax it, it will decrease.

how about just taxing remittances, which are "tax free"

at least that way we could use some of that money to finance programs heavily used by illegals

a market equilibrium will be reached that will benefit america more than mexico, perhaps more evenly.

mexico is exporting their problems, ie too many workers, and their socialist system has basically failed and is being propped up by us.

we've changed, will mexico change?  not without incentives or disencentives, ie subsidies or taxes.

none of this is racist, just more accurate cost channeling.

knabe

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/02/illegal_immigration_and_low_wa.html

As Will Rogers said,

"It's not what you don't know that hurts you. It's what you do know that ain't so."

Visions of crops rotting in the fields make for vivid journalism. But in September, 2007 a Congressional Research Service (CRS) Report for Congress (updated from a 2004 version) entitled "Farm Labor Shortages and Immigration Policy,"  found little cause to worry about crops ripening and spoiling, stating that,

"Trends in the agricultural labor market generally do not suggest the existence of a nationwide shortage of domestically available farm workers...Employment on farms did not show the same upward trend as other industries during the 1990s expansion.  While nonfarm jobs generally have risen thus far in the current decade, farm jobs generally have fallen. The length of time hired farm workers are employed has changed little or decreased over the years.  Their unemployment rate has varied little and remains well above the U.S. average, and underemployment among farm workers also remains substantial.  These agricultural employees earn about 50 cents for every dollar paid to other employees in the private sector."

"In Los Angeles, unionized black janitors had been earning $12 an hour, with benefits. But with the advent of subcontractors who compose roaming crews of Mexican and El Salvadoran laborers, the pay dropped to the minimum wage of $3.35 per hour. Within two years, the unionized crews had all been displaced by the foreign ones, and without any other skills, most of the native workforce did not find new work."

Two famous, now deceased, Americans warned us against uncontrolled immigration. Barbara Jordan, Chair of the U.S. Commission on Immigration Reform, testifying  before a Joint Congressional Committee on June 28, 1995, said,

"The Commission recommends the elimination of the admission [as legal immigrants] of unskilled workers. Unless there is another compelling interest, such as in the entry of nuclear families and refugees, it is not in the national interest to admit unskilled workers. Especially when the U.S. economy is showing difficulty in absorbing disadvantaged workers and efforts towards welfare reform indicate that many unskilled Americans will be entering the labor force." 

i wonder what the unemployment rate of day laborers is taking into account partial work days compared to the rest of the population.

in salinas near me, the unemployment rate is about 15%.  15% in america.  there is a GLUT of workers and we need more?

here's more

The preliminary results of the INS internal review of naturalization applications approved during CUSA, as presented to the Subcommittee by Assistant Attorney General for Administration Stephen Colgate clearly show that the problems were severe. Of the 1,049,872 immigrants granted U.S. citizenship under CUSA:

* 71, 557 were found to have FBI criminal records, including INS administrative actions (e.g., deportation proceedings or other immigration violations), and misdemeanor and felony arrests and convictions;
    * Of these 71,557, 10,800 had at least one felony arrest, 25,500 had at least one misdemeanor arrest, but no felonies, and 34,700 had only administrative actions initiated against them;
    * 113,126 had only name checks because their fingerprint cards were returned to the INS by the FBI because they were illegible;
    * 66,398 did not have FBI criminal record checks because their fingerprint cards were never submitted to the FBI by the INS; and
    * 2,573 were still being processed by the FBI.

As of late February 1997, 168 of these new citizens had been found to be “presumptively, statutorily ineligible” for naturalization based on their criminal record, and in another 2,800 cases, it could not be determined based on available information whether they were eligible or not.

translation, around 20% we don't know who they are because they either don't have a fingerprint, or it was illegible.

why have laws.  laws are so stupid.

knabe

the future of low wage jobs

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSL0719538520080207?feedType=RSS&feedName=healthNews

robots for the elderly.  there better be protection for no forklifts.

the only jobs left for humans will be tenderness and caring?

sean young as a health care replicant, blade runner here we come.

knabe

http://www.newsmax.com/us/Non-Citizens_Sidestep_Vot/2008/02/06/70698.html

this is from a biased site, but nonetheless

A voter must be a U.S. citizen (by birth or naturalization), must not be a convicted felon or be found mentally incompetent, and must be 18 years or older. A correlated requirement is that applicants for U.S. citizenship must be able to speak, read, and write English.

In the recent Nevada caucuses, a federal judge ruled that the Democratic Party could set up special caucus sites in Las Vegas casinos for union workers, who had only to show a union membership card to enter the caucus. Did anyone check to see if these workers were, in fact, U.S. citizens? It was apparent from the television coverage that many of the union workers spoke no English.

Another example: In 2008, a U.S. district judge in Florida sentenced to prison a former employee of a county tax collector’s office for peddling more than 150 driver’s licenses to illegal aliens at $200 a head. Under the Motor-Voter Law, holders of these fraudulent licenses were then able to register to vote.

2002. The Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA) opened the floodgates for non-citizen voters. A prospective voter need only produce a valid driver’s license or the last four digits of the voter’s social security number—verification of which does not establish U.S. citizenship. For those with no ID, the state will issue an identification number, issuance of which does not establish U.S. citizenship. Mail-in registration is easier yet—a person need only provide a copy of a current utility bill, a bank statement, a paycheck, or similar document with the person’s name and address. None of which establishes U.S. citizenship.

Rather than address ballot design, however, HAVA changed the voter mail-in registration form, adding the question, “Are you a citizen of the United States of America?” This question was followed by boxes for the applicant to check yes or no. The Democrat Party, the ACLU, labor unions, and others have filed lawsuits to permit persons to vote via mail-in registration without having to check the citizenship boxes.

however, considering what we are going to have to choose from in this upcoming election, I don’t see that it really makes any difference who does or does not vote.

there is less and less incentive to follow the law each day.  soon, there will be no law, it's racist after all.

knabe

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7841296

Medical specialists say the Marshall Islands have the most cases of leprosy, in the world. And the city with the largest number of Marshallese people, outside the Marshall islands, is Springdale. And Bingham says, it makes sense, then, that leprosy is spreading to the city. "It's from the Marshall islands; that's why we're seeing it."

Bingham says she is all for Marshallese people entering the United States, after proper medical tests. But whether they're immigrants or not, she says people must stick to treatment, when infected. And she says, when she treats those from the Marshall Islands, this doesn't happen. "We're not getting the compliance that is absolutely essential to take care of this process."

Bingham says without cooperation, leprosy, which has no vaccine, and is transmitted through the air, will spread, and could easily become an epidemic. "People absolutely should be concerned. What I'm afraid of, is when people start thinking about it enough, it will already be out of control."

Springdale is also reporting over 100 cases of tuberculosis.